What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

I walked into a HD dealership today by mistake. It was disguised as a CanAm dealership. I got out ok, but had to stare at a nearby Ducati 998 for a while until I felt better.
I'm sorry for your traumatic experience, could take years of therapy to put that behind you - especially if you find yourself shopping for dew rags online.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, 4corsa said:
23 hours ago, MartyNZ said:
I walked into a HD dealership today by mistake. It was disguised as a CanAm dealership. I got out ok, but had to stare at a nearby Ducati 998 for a while until I felt better.

I'm sorry for your traumatic experience, could take years of therapy to put that behind you - especially if you find yourself shopping for dew rags online.

I read this today in a local SF forum...

"My dad used to own a Buell, until one day when he accidentally left his garage open overnight. Now he owns three".

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/15/2021 at 9:45 PM, Tinus89 said:

Today I started working in removing the Tupperware party Guzzi calls a rear fender:helmet:.
Without starting a discussion on whether this is the way to go or not, I am doing it in such a way it can always be restored to stock:bier:.

Question:
In my tail, I found these two. Out of curiosity and without extracting the entire wire loom to find out where they go, Anyone knows what these are?

20210215-195242.jpg

Did not get the multimeter out as I did not intend to remove these connectors, but I did follow them. The small one indeed goes to the unused button on my steering damper bracket, of which I took a picture for your entertainment:

20210217-181725.jpg

The other one goes into the loom as well as to either relay one or two.
So it is fairly clear to me this indeed was a connection for an alarm, which has been disconnected. I suspect the two yellow wire bridges are the actual connections the alarm electronics would make when deactivated.

I think I will leave it as is, since my bike is running fine. Or do you guys disagree?

To entertain you guys again, I have a small riddle for you. What is strange on my rear tire, except for the fact it is almost worn?

20210217-204727.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinus89 said:

Did not get the multimeter out as I did not intend to remove these connectors, but I did follow them. The small one indeed goes to the unused button on my steering damper bracket, of which I took a picture for your entertainment:

20210217-181725.jpg

The other one goes into the loom as well as to either relay one or two.
So it is fairly clear to me this indeed was a connection for an alarm, which has been disconnected. I suspect the two yellow wire bridges are the actual connections the alarm electronics would make when deactivated.

I think I will leave it as is, since my bike is running fine. Or do you guys disagree?

To entertain you guys again, I have a small riddle for you. What is strange on my rear tire, except for the fact it is almost worn?

20210217-204727.jpg

Have you done a track day on this bike?

Ciao

Nothing wrong with the tire, you just like left curbs better, or are you thinking about the tupper  position ?  Camera angle ?  :rasta:

Cheers tom.

36 minutes ago, Chuck said:

With our straight high crowned chip and seal roads in Indiana, tires wearing on the left side more than the right is common. :huh2: Sad, but true..

My front certainly wears on the left more. Largely because I corner much (much) harder through the left-handers than the relatively tighter right-handers we have in the right-side-drive US.

Tinus89's wheel looks decidedly "cocked" over along with the dramatic tire wear and heat evidence, as if it were being dragged. I'm with KINDOY2 on it being an axle bearing issue (maybe wheel, maybe reardrive) . . .

"We do loves a riddle, we do!"

e2256f8af2992d42dcaa976ce3e88b2a.jpg

• Haha 1

That wear is definitely not normal, even though it seems we favour left handers that accelerated wear on the left side doesn't make sense at all. I was going to say it must be a dual compound tire, soft in the left and hard on the right but I wouldn't want anyone to take me seriously...

Rob

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, O2 V11 said:

That wear is definitely not normal, even though it seems we favour left handers that accelerated wear on the left side doesn't make sense at all. I was going to say it must be a dual compound tire, soft in the left and hard on the right but I wouldn't want anyone to take me seriously...

Rob

Well, one characteristic of a "riddle" is that the riddler already knows the answer . . . :nerd: