What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

6 hours ago, po18guy said:

Nice! Clear coat? Perfect timing for the Coppa Italia makeover!

(Smile) ha!  When I first saw a greenie many years ago, I wondered who would pay for such a color.  But then I developed a “taste” for them.... gonna definitely keep her green.  Must have been an Irishman in Mandello at some point, leaving Ireland to sneak in for the wine, pasta, sunshine, and “meccanica”.... I would. 

2 hours ago, docc said:

Yep. Along with twenty feet of 1/2 fuel line. No, really: twenty. The whole mess weighs five pounds.

Gonna be fun getting her the way you want. It will be interesting to hear what your think of the nuances between the RedFrame and the LongFrame. :race::bike:

Ah, lovely.   Is the usual “customization” to use a portion of the existing fuel line in its current position/routing for straight through vent, or do folks reroute the vent line if there’s that much of it?

9 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Bought a greenie.  Or almost did... seller forgot the title, so bike is in our hangar, and we’ll do a money and title swap next week to finish things up.  
Very low miles, runs decent, but needs lots of little stuff, and the big thing (that I know of) is the clear coat coming off the tank.  Right side valve cover leaking oil.  He converted to pods. Lots of light surface corrosion. Etc.

any wise words on things I should know about the red frame, vs my (2) longer frame Lemans?  I think it’s mostly all laid out well enough in the pinned topic that compares the models...

under the seat are two black cylinders with fuel lines.  Are those of charcoal cannisters?  Just noticed them and didn’t take the time to trace the lines to confirm.  

will likely make this a project for next winter, to thoroughly go through the greenie.

3E8AB74C-6FBC-43CA-BD9E-74B1C10CBEA4.jpeg

:rasta: well done Greg.

Cheers tom 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Ah, lovely.   Is the usual “customization” to use a portion of the existing fuel line in its current position/routing for straight through vent, or do folks reroute the vent line if there’s that much of it?

Commonly, the vent from the nipple under the fuel tank can be routed, or joined, with the overflow (which should be inspected for the troublesome one-way valve) behind the starter to below the gearbox. Common vacuum line is adequate. The 1/2” fuel line is unnecessary.

The vacuum taps on the intake can be capped. Silicone caps are preferred. Rubber caps should be inspected and replaced as they dry, crack and loosen. 

The cad plated bracket that holds the bottom discharge hoses is through-bolted into the gearbox. Prepare for the fluid when this bolt comes out!

Once the whole shebang is properly bagged and labeled for your parts pile, you can use the tool tray for, er well: tools! :luigi:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, docc said:

Commonly, the vent from the nipple under the fuel tank can be routed, or joined, with the overflow (which should be inspected for the troublesome one-way valve) behind the starter to below the gearbox. Common vacuum line is adequate. The 1/2” fuel line is unnecessary.

The vacuum taps on the intake can be capped. Silicone caps are preferred. Rubber caps should be inspected and replaced as they dry, crack and loosen. 

The cad plated bracket that holds the bottom discharge hoses is through-bolted into the gearbox. Prepare for the fluid when this bolt comes out!

Once the whole shebang is properly bagged and labeled for your parts pile, you can use the tool tray for, er well: tools! :luigi:

Thx docc- u jump-started my slow but decent memory, regarding the “joining of the streams”.

• Like 1

Does an 02 lemans tank fit a 2000 greenie?  Wondering if I want to “practice” the paint process on an old tank, for the bead/material blast through the paint match process, before I do it on the existing green tank.

1 hour ago, Gmc28 said:

Does an 02 lemans tank fit a 2000 greenie?  Wondering if I want to “practice” the paint process on an old tank, for the bead/material blast through the paint match process, before I do it on the existing green tank.

yes

• Like 1

Got it tagged this week and went for a spin today.  I think I have a fuel delivery issue as it is sputtering/burping/hiccuping under slight throttle under load...about 3k rpm +/-.  It doesn't seem to do it under heavy- full throttle, while idling, or when I rev it neutral.

Off to view the "Technical Topics" and FAQ sections to seek wisdom and guidance. :-)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cwr said:

Got it tagged this week and went for a spin today.  I think I have a fuel delivery issue as it is sputtering/burping/hiccuping under slight throttle under load...about 3k rpm +/-.  It doesn't seem to do it under heavy- full throttle, while idling, or when I rev it neutral.

Off to view the "Technical Topics" and FAQ sections to seek wisdom and guidance. :-)

Congrats on getting out on her! :race:Great starting point that covers the basics:

• Like 1

Docc - I was reviewing your "Decent Tune-Up" post when the notification of your reply popped on my screen. :-). I already have the bike on the table cooling down so to turn some wrenches in the morning.  

Thanks!

• Like 1

Winkie lights,YES, things like this are quite easy to be pushed away, she is running good, right.
Winkie and better charging lamp up front, fed from fuel petcock, fuse 8. And made a small note, whats doing what, YES memory.
Will do the upgrade of direct + to starter relay , and better wiring to the starter solenoid on the R C. Thanks K Roy. And titanium bolts for the driveshaft.
Cheers Tom.
98b3edba5e2aa0131379ed0eeb828ab0.jpg6453e8f6165ead8cd752a6647b10fa91.jpgee81044157b2c888188e22d4a7e69db2.jpg14b15064aa1da6c37c3100b600825975.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

• Like 3

To celebrate the first day of Spring, took "Diana" the Balabio to chase curves around lakess in Colorado. Getting a ride in between snowstorms.  Ride safe!

Image preview

Managed to source a TI race kit someone had pulled off their bike before selling. I couldn't wait so tried installing the pipes as soon as they arrived. A little disappointed in the pipes as they have a few marks and a couple of small dings. Anyhow the foot peg hangers would not bolt up due to different hole distance dimensions. On searching the web I noticed a small adaptor bracket is necessary. Contacted the seller. "oh yes I remember those". Bugger! He is going to have look for them.

Anyhow I settled on just changing out the ECU. Out goes the 15RC and in goes the 15M. I had already turned the lambda off previously. My god the difference is incredible. My OEM pipes have been cored so it runs fantastic. Not one cough at any rpm anywhere. More responsive and the motor actually seems to sound different and definitely has a different character.

I like it a lot....now to figure out wat to do with the TI cans to tidy them up. Thinking about dismantling and taking them to a decent panel beater then giving them a good polish.

TI Kit.jpg

• Like 2