What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

No, this is a different engine. This was developed with Dr. John for racing. Using the in block cam as a lay shaft to drive a set of belts to operate the four valve heads. IIRC, displacement was kept at 992cc to meet at the time race regulations. 

The 1062 2V makes about the same horsepower. These Centauro’s were essentially Daytona’s with pull back bars and the striking bodywork. Guzzi was ahead of the power cruiser segment...

Because of that, you can pick one of these up for roughly half of what Daytona’s are going for. 

Didn’t sell very well as the Bike is very controversial in design. Although I would argue that it’s aged quite well vs other bikes of the period.

Guzzi dropped the 4V and the 1100 Sport used the 2v. Not until some years later did they bring this old 4v back for a brief period and now they use a new 4v engine that’s not a evolution of this, but a completely different engine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikko said:

No, this is a different engine. This was developed with Dr. John for racing. Using the in block cam as a lay shaft to drive a set of belts to operate the four valve heads. IIRC, displacement was kept at 992cc to meet at the time race regulations. 

The 1062 2V makes about the same horsepower. These Centauro’s were essentially Daytona’s with pull back bars and the striking bodywork. Guzzi was ahead of the power cruiser segment...

Because of that, you can pick one of these up for roughly half of what Daytona’s are going for. 

Didn’t sell very well as the Bike is very controversial in design. Although I would argue that it’s aged quite well vs other bikes of the period.

Guzzi dropped the 4V and the 1100 Sport used the 2v. Not until some years later did they bring this old 4v back for a brief period and now they use a new 4v engine that’s not a evolution of this, but a completely different engine.

Thanks a lot for the information, Mikko. I don't know s*it:)

I don't care for the Centauro design. Half man - half horse indeed... but you gave me an idea regarding the engine.

I loaded mine in the truck and dropped it off for electrical service. Hoping for a working bike next weekend. She's got new shoes and needs to go dancing.

IMG_1441.jpeg

• Like 6

MySport's been parked for over a month leaking fork oil into a catch pan while my "other bike" is on the lift. Pretty sure the fussy Italian girl just had to pitch her hissy-fit. I have the seals in the pile, just need the lift. But the little Honda is waiting on a NOS cam. From Israel. Gonna be a minute . . .

So, I decide there is nothing to be lost by using the SealMate® that @Mikkosent me a couple years ago. Without any real hopes, the left fork went 118 miles today and stayed dry! Shocked! So, I cleaned the right and feel like we're back on the road. Thanks @Mikko ! ! :thumbsup:

IMG_4825.jpg

• Like 10

It's a neat bit of kit that everyone should have in the tool box. I was skeptical at first because I was taught once they start leaking, the only fix was a rebuild. I can say that my Fork leg is still dry. I've been more then pleased considering that tool was just a few bucks. Probably one of, if not the most cost effective repairs one can do. You are welcome Docc!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2021 at 6:49 AM, Chuck said:

The yella ones I've seen were 97s, but Guzzi being Guzzi..:rasta:

It’s titled as a ‘98, looks like this person bought it in 2013. So the one owner story isn’t true....

Hmmm... well as long as she runs I’m not too worried about it.

• Like 1

I was going off the title I just picked up from the post office. The shipping company called me and said she’ll be here Wednesday or Thursday. 

Together Chuck, we shall delve into this mystery machine and reveal its secrets! Plus I’ll post a bunch of pics and a video!

• Like 2

It's a neat bit of kit that everyone should have in the tool box. I was skeptical at first because I was taught once they start leaking, the only fix was a rebuild. I can say that my Fork leg is still dry. I've been more then pleased considering that tool was just a few bucks. Probably one of, if not the most cost effective repairs one can do. You are welcome Docc!
I can also attest for Seal Mate. Fixed fork leaks on my VFR and Monster S4R in the past 3 years. Seems to be true that most fork leaks are caused by small debris that gets up in your seal.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Chuck You were correct, it is indeed a '97 titled as a '98.  Well, its a Centauro....That's about the only truthful statement made by the dealer. It's in poor condition. Got to give them credit for the expert photo's that failed to show the flaws. After fiddling with it and a new battery, she does run. Looks like it fell into disrepute the last number of years which is a shame really. It looks better in person.

Flushed the tank as best i could and filled it with high octane and a can of Berrymans. Bottom line is i needed this engine for my project and it runs and drives. I've rode it about 50 miles?  Strange bike, certainly if this was something i would keep wholesale change would take place. Convert it to a Daytona...

I see now why it was controversial, not really a cruiser nor sporting bike. Hmmmm.....

IMG-7003.jpg

Custom cracked crossover

JREO1459.jpg

Does have the upgraded chip

IMG-6999.jpg

This was especially annoying...

SFOE7382.jpg

Ohh boy......at this point I'm just happy it runs and goes down the road. Certainly paid waaay too much for it. Live and learn........

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mikko said:

@Chuck You were correct, it is indeed a '97 titled as a '98.  Well, its a Centauro....That's about the only truthful statement made by the dealer. It's in poor condition. Got to give them credit for the expert photo's that failed to show the flaws. After fiddling with it and a new battery, she does run. Looks like it fell into disrepute the last number of years which is a shame really. It looks better in person.

Flushed the tank as best i could and filled it with high octane and a can of Berrymans. Bottom line is i needed this engine for my project and it runs and drives. I've rode it about 50 miles?  Strange bike, certainly if this was something i would keep wholesale change would take place. Convert it to a Daytona...

I see now why it was controversial, not really a cruiser nor sporting bike. Hmmmm.....

IMG-7003.jpg

Custom cracked crossover

JREO1459.jpg

Does have the upgraded chip

IMG-6999.jpg

This was especially annoying...

SFOE7382.jpg

Ohh boy......at this point I'm just happy it runs and goes down the road. Certainly paid waaay too much for it. Live and learn........

Happens to the best of us...unfortunately..Oh well make lemonade out of lemons...and keep on rollin!

• Like 1

True, if I seemed a little disappointed it’s only because I could have bought a much better conditioned bike for the same $$

I don’t feel as bad taking this one apart now. I should be able to get some money back selling off the parts I don’t need.

It is cool tooling around in a 4v... too bad your average man on the street has no clue what that is.. most of the time it’s “A guzzi! Annnd stories about how back in the 70’s.....”

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Picked up my Alpinestars Hi Point boots from the early 1970's after refurbishment at a shoe repair place in Seattle.  I'll ride with 'em on the V11 - heck they still fit!

IMG_7166_resized2.jpg

• Like 2

Custom cracked crossover

They did that..:rasta:

Stuchi is the hot setup.. Don't bad mouth it too much, that powerplant rocks. :thumbsup::oldgit: Be prepared to do some fiddling to get it running correctly. Of course, have a look at the oil pump.

• Like 1