What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

I do have Joe Caruso’s oil pump and timing gears sitting in the pile ‘o parts. I wasn’t bad mouthing the engine, just that the bike is a far cry from what I was expecting. 

I have some plans for it, that’s why I bought this bike. I’m not going to run around on it. I put about 70 miles on it getting a feel for it.

She needs a good tune up, it’s been neglected. I know it should run much better then it does now.  Now that I have it in my greasy, dirty paws I can start to formulate my dastardly plans!!

Mikko, I have some pretty nice rocker covers if your interested . Also have this unknown crossover that was on a Centauro, I'd throw that in free if you can use it.

EDA8FEDA-6C11-4184-B317-611B911BF8F1-6002021050120034922-1028984548427247477-IMG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Super big Thank You to @fotoguzzi  for the valve covers! TLM had a few sets and I was caught up doing other stuff and forgot. Quickly remembered when I spied the messed up one and sure as heck, they are sold out....

Its confirmed, Its being shipped to Germany and Dynotec is going to rebuild it.

https://fsaei3upos2uq3vamu7bqdyfae-ac5fdsxevxq4s5y-www-dynotec-de.translate.goog/modelle/Dynotec Guzzilla V13 Racing.html

• Like 4

Swapped my intake vacuum-tap caps from "rubber" to silicone. I've had the rubber ones dry out, get loose and give running issue fits.  I figured them for 5mm ID, but the caps came 5mm OD. Cut to length, and a little P-80 Emulsion "Temporary Rubber Assembly Lubricant," and they feel snug. Guess I should watch they don't squirt themselves off into a parallel universe. :huh:

Hoping that the silicone caps stand up better (indefinitely?) to the heat cycling . . . (Take-offs into the Monkey Paw Spares Bag).

• Like 3

This is one of those things that seems too simple to matter. <_<

Trust me, how you seal your vacuum taps (and maintain them) matters. :luigi:

• Like 3

SFOE7382.jpg

On this 4v I noticed these NASCAR style plug off’s. Doing some rootin around I find out they are supposed to have screw caps. This similar to the 2v set up? I’m not home to peek at mine.

Putting a finger over the missing one on the other side I can feel a very hot vacuum. 

43696-F72-D2-AB-433-D-B710-F8-F3173-C5-B

Still haven’t finalized what I want to do with the exhaust. Having traded my complete system for the QD, I no longer have the nice crossover. I did manage to find what appears to be the last new crossover that agostini mandello had on their website.

Looks to have the provision for a O2 bung also, that’ll be helpful as I think I will keep the fuel injection set up. It’s good to have options anyway so having this in my Pile ‘O Parts never hurts...

I have a MYECU coming and now I can pull these throttle bodies off to be bored. I was going to to do that with my 2v but the 4v already has 50mm TB’s so getting them rebuilt, bored and new butterfly’s would be the better choice as this is the engine I will use.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Picked up the Scura yesterday, after a long wait for a voltage regulator. Finally, it runs again (been sitting for over 2 years, maybe 3). Took it on a romp, and remembered how much fun this bike is. WOT at 6,500 RPM up a long, curvy grade... just lovely.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Shindengen 847 - connected

Bolted on the Shindengen 847 MOSFET regulator today. Charging 14.5V. Yes, I can finally go for a ride:)

No more charging light. No charging light ever(?) because the blue and red/black wire to the charge lamp(reference voltage) has no connection with the new regulator. Is there a way to get it back, or do I have to look for another type of voltage monitoring?

EDIT: I like simplicity. This is simplicity: SparkBright Eclipse

No-brainer?

Edited by hammershaug
  • Like 4

G'day mate

I 've had a Shendengan Reg/rec on my bike for about 10 or more years!

Yep they are good!

Anyways I don't have the battery light on mine as I remember Brad ( mechanic ) mentioning that this couldn't be connected!! Something about 3 wires and only 2 connections?Or something along those lines. 

I look at it as a small price to pay for not having to worry about reg/rec's again.

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, guzzler said:

G'day mate

I 've had a Shendengan Reg/rec on my bike for about 10 or more years!

Yep they are good!

Anyways I don't have the battery light on mine as I remember Brad ( mechanic ) mentioning that this couldn't be connected!! Something about 3 wires and only 2 connections?Or something along those lines. 

I look at it as a small price to pay for not having to worry about reg/rec's again.

Cheers Guzzler

Good evening mate! Regarding the «3 wires something», the V11 has a single-phase stator while the Shindengen regulator is made for 3-phase. Jack from Roadstercycle confirmed it works with both systems.
Just to cut and crimp one of them - and use any 2 of the 3, he told.

The original Ducati R/R has a connection for reference voltage, which connects to the charging light. No such on the Shindengen. That's why the lamp died for good I guess:) No lamp - no problem... haha!

• Like 1

G'day( or good evening in the Northern hemisphere ) mate !

That sounds right ( I'm not that well versed in these matters ).

It was Brad Black ( Brad the Bike Boy), a well known ( world wide actually ) Ducati mechanic who suggested putting it on when my original one gave up the ghost many moons ago.He swears by them so I figured if he recommends them they must be the way to go!

Never had cause to even think about it again and I ride year round here in Victoria ( well Covid lockdowns excluded ) and don't ever charge the battery.

Anyway mate you shouldn't have to think about your reg/rec again so hopefully you can get out there and enjoy your summer riding season.

Cheers Guzzler

Ps we've just had a once in 10/20 years storm come through which wiped out the power for 3 x days!

We had a lull in the storm where the winds and rain stopped and I thought maybe I'll sneak out on the greenie.Wife insisted we take the car and charge her phone ( our only connection to the world ) whilst we're driving.

Wow, very very glad I left the bike at home!

Also BLOODY GLAD  to be reconnected to the V11 world again!!     

• Like 2