What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

13 minutes ago, Mikko said:

I have one... they are pretty neat. @docccan tell us about them too!

Cool thing is they will set up custom voltages for the color and flash changes. I made a table of what I would prefer for the Odyssey PC545 AGM, but never made the order from SparkBright. They're in the UK, yah?

• Like 1

I've had a Sparkbright on my V11 for about 5 years. Thing to watch out is if you are colour blind it makes it a bit differcult to make out the different colours. Me I have trouble between yellows & green :wacko: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Went thru the needle hole today, licensed in squarehead country )( KGB is a piece of cake ) D IPA time.
Cheers Tom 1e9c9ad581ba12b6556b3533e08cff9a.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

• Like 9

I feel like there might be paint over this rust...

oEmKWpz.jpg

At least I cleaned up the driveshaft and greased the notorious front UJ. I should have taken before shots of the back one, was unrecognisable.

dNonZOr.jpg

• Like 1

That is a very pretty thing!

(Seems you might consider loosening the connection of the oil return line to the sump and rotate it away from the contact with the exhaust and re-tighten to hold it closer to the gearbox.)

• Like 2

Thanks, guys. I'm planning to mount a steel angle behind the 6mm nut and fastening the hose with a stainless steel-rubber clamp to keep the line away from the crossover. 

Next up is to mount a SparkBright Eclipse voltage monitor. I did that for another V11 owner today after replacing his defective regulator with a direct connected Shindengen MOSFET regulator. Made a 12mm hole in his carbon instrument panel beneath the rev-counter.

On my Greenie I will try to fit it in the original charge lamp place, but the red plastic with the charge sign must be removed because of the auto-dimming feature. Behind the red plastic, the LED will dim too much. It needs to see daylight:)

Edited by hammershaug
Added URL to video
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

...something I should have done the first time I used the kickstand; Cut the dang post off the ridiculous self-retractor.

x_tkXJzE49PMsARC3I6Sn9zvfF94O6BmspmclmOW

Hmm, no image for me, again. What's up with that?

12 hours ago, docc said:

(Seems you might consider loosening the connection of the oil return line to the sump and rotate it away from the contact with the exhaust and re-tighten to hold it closer to the gearbox.)

Yes and soon.

Ciao

• Like 1

13 hours ago, docc said:

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yes and soon.

Ciao

35 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Like NOW !

@hammershaug, very simple to loosen the connection nut for the oil return line at the sump and rotate the AN fitting/line to deflect the line away from the exhaust, then tighten the nut to hold the line in place. It might be helpful to "groom" the line along the gearbox behind the starter for the best routing . . .

IMG_6702.jpg

• Like 2

Since buying the bike, I have been making small changes that better suit me. Motobits pegs are in a box, as are the H&B bags and rack. Brought the bars down, added some Ken Sean bar-end mirrors and adjustable shorty levers. LED headlamp and signals - the taillight was LED when I bought it. But the Staintunes were at the stock height and width - good for passengers and bags, but a little vulnerable in slow maneuvering and backing. So, examining the lead-in pipe, it appeared to me that the cans could be slid a little further onto the X-over and then the entire unit rotated up and in at the rear. Did a test repositioning and it looked plausible. Kinda mid-mount. This pic shows the difference.

IMG_3176.JPG

For hangers, what I settled on were some M5 stainless marine closed body turnbuckles. Rated at 900 Kg/1980 Lbs, I figured they were up to the task of suspending a 4 Lb can. A little cutting, grinding, heating and bending, enlarging the mount holes from M5 in stages to M7.5 and hand filing with a round file so an M8 bolt would just slip through, leaving a bit more meat around the bolts. Then dug out the white buffing compound and shined them up.

IMG_3182.JPG

Snugged them up and the install leaves the bike looking a little cleaner, and lighter (almost ANYTHING will do that!). A less homely rear hugger is next.  Overall, I'm pleased and I can even hear the music slightly better now. 

IMG_3175.JPG

• Like 5