What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

1 hour ago, po18guy said:

Since buying the bike, I have been making small changes that better suit me. Motobits pegs are in a box, as are the H&B bags and rack. Brought the bars down, added some Ken Sean bar-end mirrors and adjustable shorty levers. LED headlamp and signals - the taillight was LED when I bought it. But the Staintunes were at the stock height and width - good for passengers and bags, but a little vulnerable in slow maneuvering and backing. So, examining the lead-in pipe, it appeared to me that the cans could be slid a little further onto the X-over and then the entire unit rotated up and in at the rear. Did a test repositioning and it looked plausible. Kinda mid-mount. This pic shows the difference.

IMG_3176.JPG

For hangers, what I settled on were some M5 stainless marine closed body turnbuckles. Rated at 900 Kg/1980 Lbs, I figured they were up to the task of suspending a 4 Lb can. A little cutting, grinding, heating and bending, enlarging the mount holes from M5 in stages to M7.5 and hand filing with a round file so an M8 bolt would just slip through, leaving a bit more meat around the bolts. Then dug out the white buffing compound and shined them up.

IMG_3182.JPG

Snugged them up and the install leaves the bike looking a little cleaner, and lighter (almost ANYTHING will do that!). A less homely rear hugger is next.  Overall, I'm pleased and I can even hear the music slightly better now. 

IMG_3175.JPG

That angle of the cans is perfect. The oval has a slight cant but the line flows and it works! Nice job with the hangers. Looks great

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, footgoose said:

That angle of the cans is perfect. The oval has a slight cant but the line flows and it works! Nice job with the hangers. Looks great

Thank you. The mid-pipe being welded on, it was the most I could get out of it without major mods. Next up some shorter M8 bolts. Was going to shorten them myself, but I'll just snag a few from Monster Bolt. There's riding to be done!

Since buying the bike, I have been making small changes that better suit me. Motobits pegs are in a box, as are the H&B bags and rack. Brought the bars down, added some Ken Sean bar-end mirrors and adjustable shorty levers. LED headlamp and signals - the taillight was LED when I bought it. But the Staintunes were at the stock height and width - good for passengers and bags, but a little vulnerable in slow maneuvering and backing. So, examining the lead-in pipe, it appeared to me that the cans could be slid a little further onto the X-over and then the entire unit rotated up and in at the rear. Did a test repositioning and it looked plausible. Kinda mid-mount. This pic shows the difference.
IMG_3176.JPG
For hangers, what I settled on were some M5 stainless marine closed body turnbuckles. Rated at 900 Kg/1980 Lbs, I figured they were up to the task of suspending a 4 Lb can. A little cutting, grinding, heating and bending, enlarging the mount holes from M5 in stages to M7.5 and hand filing with a round file so an M8 bolt would just slip through, leaving a bit more meat around the bolts. Then dug out the white buffing compound and shined them up.
IMG_3182.JPG
Snugged them up and the install leaves the bike looking a little cleaner, and lighter (almost ANYTHING will do that!). A less homely rear hugger is next.  Overall, I'm pleased and I can even hear the music slightly better now. 
IMG_3175.JPG

Nice hangers on a beautiful bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Today, we ride.

Carefully, until we get home. Then we drain the fuel, change the filter and hoses, clear the tank top drain, and get a new cap gasket to keep the water out.

13 hours ago, plexiform said:

06168152-0B98-45C1-A098-FB60BBCB22F2.jpeg

C56E8743-0B28-46B1-81FE-05F67D5E07E4.jpeg

What’s the story behind that setup?

8 hours ago, hammershaug said:

Nice hangers on a beautiful bike!

Thank you! It's now a Ballabio monoposto.

3 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

What’s the story behind that setup?

Just changed the cover out for a carbon fiber one from Italy.  The little Metal loop is to keep the wire from swinging around.  Previous owner had the wire zip-tied to the bolt.  The loop will probably work fine.  

• Like 1

277 mile/ 447 km shakedown ride for the South'n SpineRide nine weeks out. Trying to sort the high-end Garmin sat-nav that remains an aggravation. Slow rolling through a town at around 3,000 rpm, I kept feeling a blast of air against my left knee every time she stumbled.

Sometimes we replace the intake boots just because they look cracked, but aren't really split. This split was obvious and didn't look anything like the common, worrisome cracks - 13 years/ 62,000 mile/100.000 km . . .

IMG_5301.jpg

• Like 6

Today, I rode the Scura around while testing my new Cardo Pack Talk Bold communicator. Just solo today, but it is a mesh communicator for multiple riders, and I got a pack of two communicators. I made and received some phone calls, played music (Black Sabbath on shuffle), and asked Siri for directions.

I had been thinking about a motorcycle-specific GPS, but decided to just try the voice-navigation from my phone for a while. Normally, I just memorize where I am going, so having on-board navigation is quite a luxury. The people I called had no idea I was on my motorcycle till I told them - they didn't hear wind noise, which is nice, but they were also denied the thunder of the Ti Racing exhaust, which I enjoyed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, docc said:

277 mile/ 447 km shakedown ride for the South'n SpineRide nine weeks out. Trying to sort the high-end Garmin sat-nav that remains an aggravation. Slow rolling through a town at around 3,000 rpm, I kept feeling a blast of air against my left knee every time she stumbled.

Sometimes we replace the intake boots just because they look cracked, but aren't really split. This split was obvious and didn't look anything like the common, worrisome cracks - 13 years/ 62,000 mile/100.000 km . . .

IMG_5301.jpg

2 minutes ago, KINDOY2 said:

just cant find parts tha last these days...13 yrs?

Looks like I replaced the originals at 60,000. They had those suspicious surface cracks and I was chasing a "Nasty Hiccup."  Today, I simply put one of the originals back on to replace the one that is truly split. Going to rebalance the throttle bodies and air screws tomorrow. No wonder that left air screw had to be turned in much further than the right . . .