What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

36 minutes ago, footgoose said:

ACF50, a new-to-me product. Seems brilliant. Thanks. I watched a video on application and this guy sings it's praises. I will bee trying this out soon.

Standard aircraft stuff for years..

Perhaps overkill in some cases, but good stuff.  Our aging v11’s may benefit from some use of it.  I use it on targeted areas where it’s clearly beneficial on lots of my older equipment. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, footgoose said:

found it best price at Aircraft Spruce but shipping nixed it for me. Amazingon Prime is 6buks less.

on the way...   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G42NR7G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2X7K0J2CFON0V&psc=1

Aircraft spruce are shipping rip off artists. They'll ship for free with a $350 order, though. :rolleyes: They wanted $140 to ship a piece of 1/32 X 48 X 48 plywood. :o I called them and said they could roll it and put it in a cardboard box. Only $46 for that 3 lb. box. :angry: What are you gonna do? They pretty much have a monopoly. Fortunately, I can get 4130 tubing in Indy. and ACS can kiss my.. oh never mind..

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nobleswood said:

I have a constant fight with the moisture here in the mid west, trying to keep rust from etching into my ferrous tools. Would ACF-50 be a solution ?

I would think so.

Several mentions of the benefit to electrical bits. One shot shows them filling connector plugs. Is this an alternative to DeOxit?

I wouldn't think so. :D It's a corrosion inhibitor, not something that removes corrosion as far as I know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Put on some Breva valve covers, I think it tidies up the spark plugs and leads. I stripped them and used a buffing wheel to brush the aluminium.

That paint was surprisingly stubborn!

jmf7PMQ.jpeg

3au6fZk.jpeg

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Grim said:

Put on some Breva valve covers, I think it tidies up the spark plugs and leads. I stripped them and used a buffing wheel to brush the aluminium.

That paint was surprisingly stubborn!

jmf7PMQ.jpeg

3au6fZk.jpeg

So pretty. I prefer seeing the spark plug wires, but those look so good.

I think the real star of the show is those headers. Yowza!

Nice machine, Grim!

• Thanks 1