What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

1 minute ago, VtwinStorm said:

"MOTO-GUZZI

01.46.64.03" is all it says.

It is a BITCH to resize images for the forum, so that is why it isn't so easily read. My apologies.

No it has the the date matrix on it as well. See my posted image an explanation. 

Ciao

Interesting topic on date codes, I have a spare cowl  and it has the dots for 99,00 and 01.

99-May and Nov.

00-Jan, Mar,Jul,Oct and Nov.

01-Jan,Mar and Dec.

I bought it used and have no idea on the real date.

Paul B :bier:

3 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

Scored a good used driveshaft assembly on TLM's webshop. Unexpected and probably wasn't up long. 

2 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

Care to say how much it cost? Since I have a used one I'd like to sell And could use some guidance on the value.

AFAIK, the rear drive of the V11/6speeder series (1999-2005), and also the driveshaft, are not the same between the last of the 1100 Sport-i/5speed (late '96-'97)?

34 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

Thankyou for your expertise Docc.. I'll be sure to not sell to anyone with a V11.

what I have is a DS from a Centauro

Ah! Yeah, pretty sure that is the same that @Pressureangle just scored for his 1100 Sport-i.

Check my work on that, though . . . .

• Like 2

On 10/3/2021 at 4:01 AM, paulnaz said:

Interesting topic on date codes, I have a spare cowl  and it has the dots for 99,00 and 01.

99-May and Nov.

00-Jan, Mar,Jul,Oct and Nov.

01-Jan,Mar and Dec.

I bought it used and have no idea on the real date.

Paul B :bier:

Yea not sure of the exact methodology they use but I think the likelihood of the them being made in 2021 is about zero. I've had parts shipped to me with the same thing on a sticker. I assume they use a generic sticker and the date applied is the stocking date or some such thing.

Ciao

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yea not sure of the exact methodology they use but I think the likelihood of the them being made in 2021 is about zero. I've had parts shipped to me with the same thing on a sticker. I assume they use a generic sticker and the date applied is the stocking date or some such thing.

Ciao

This makes more sense, honestly.

I wonder if as they do a moulding run of covers they just add to the previous date matrix so in effect the latest year and dot is applicable to the part in your hand and all the previous markings are from the previous moulding runs. That would be Italian logic and methodology.

Ciao

16 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

Care to say how much it cost? Since I have a used one I'd like to sell And could use some guidance on the value.

~$230 + $30 shipping. 32k kilometers. Even if I have to replace the u-joints they're unobtanium. This shaft is for Daytona/Sport 1100, the exposed external spring type. 
Once it's in hand I'm going to present it to a CV joint/shaft manufacturer to see if they can make one with the required specs to refit. I'm sure if it can be done it won't be cheap, but that's just the kind of guy I am. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1