What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

18 hours ago, Chuck said:

unusual antique aircraft?

Thats the bird, and the shop with new mini split.  Corbin Super Ace, with a Model A engine.  This is a V11 forum, so I’ll say that my V11 is just out of eye-shot in the picture….

The moto parilla is upstairs in pieces, with the motor about done, but the frame still to go.

7D045E6C-E83D-431F-9D12-5FE7863D7B8D.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

I think I see a black Ferrari.  

i think that old MGB would be flattered to hear that

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Thats the bird, and the shop with new mini split.  Corbin Super Ace, with a Model A engine.  This is a V11 forum, so I’ll say that my V11 is just out of eye-shot in the picture….

The moto parilla is upstairs in pieces, with the motor about done, but the frame still to go.

7D045E6C-E83D-431F-9D12-5FE7863D7B8D.jpeg

MGB, Guzzi, Corbin and Parilla? Well, he's certainly got the fringe covered. What he needs next is an Aero Sport powered by a Ford flathead V8 with a reduction gear.

1 hour ago, po18guy said:

MGB, Guzzi, Corbin and Parilla? Well, he's certainly got the fringe covered. What he needs next is an Aero Sport powered by a Ford flathead V8 with a reduction gear.

Well, no guzzi…. That’s mine.

But there is a T-craft outside, and he’s the main pilot that flies the warbird collection of the owner of our company (candy store of P-38’s, corsairs, spitfires, etc).  And a gem of a human being, but now I’m getting way off the guzzi reservation!  But will add for those of you semi local to add the Madras warbird collection (Erickson museum) to your itinerary if you’re out riding in central Oregon.

Back to guzzi biz, Stopped by the shop of bead-blast fellow today, the only guy I can find locally to agree to take on the job of blasting a nylon tank.  Didn’t think it would be a big deal, but everyone I’ve called seems afraid of the job.  For this fellow I need to wait till he finishes the metal work he’s doing so he can change over his media.  May be a while.

The House of Kolor “recipe” from an old post on this forum is what i guess I’ll use to try and match the green.

E0E4A289-7097-42CC-9D55-253467889E5F.jpeg

366614C0-99D2-4C7F-A795-1F929D3164AE.jpeg

• Like 1

Couple of thoughts. Consider contacting a body shop - maybe one that specializes in Euro cars. Their painter normally has excellent eyes for paint match (if a code is available). Some of the paints are diabolically difficult to match, having a few drops of several different tints in them to arrive at the finished color.

A fellow in the UK (BikecoloursUK) does a lot of motorcycle paint match work and sells commercially:  

6 hours ago, po18guy said:

Couple of thoughts. Consider contacting a body shop - maybe one that specializes in Euro cars. Their painter normally has excellent eyes for paint match (if a code is available). Some of the paints are diabolically difficult to match, having a few drops of several different tints in them to arrive at the finished color.

A fellow in the UK (BikecoloursUK) does a lot of motorcycle paint match work and sells commercially:  

I’m open for all that, but I’ve asked a handful of local shops, including a couple that come highly recommended, and they’re all scared of trying to match that paint.  I’ve got one guy that says he’ll try, but doesn’t give off a confident air about it.  No paint code that I know of for the guzzi green (or the red), based on my inquiries in the past on this forum.  Just that old House of Kolor blend laid out on this forum about 10yrs ago, where a couple folks said that it worked well for them.  Those colors seem to still be available.

I think phil had a guy in Australia do a match that worked out, but I’d just need a paint guy here who would commit and deliver.  Of course If I painted all the green bits it wouldn’t be as critical,  but would rather not.

36 minutes ago, Gmc28 said:

I’m open for all that, but I’ve asked a handful of local shops, including a couple that come highly recommended, and they’re all scared of trying to match that paint.  I’ve got one guy that says he’ll try, but doesn’t give off a confident air about it.  No paint code that I know of for the guzzi green (or the red), based on my inquiries in the past on this forum.  Just that old House of Kolor blend laid out on this forum about 10yrs ago, where a couple folks said that it worked well for them.  Those colors seem to still be available.

I think phil had a guy in Australia do a match that worked out, but I’d just need a paint guy here who would commit and deliver.  Of course If I painted all the green bits it wouldn’t be as critical,  but would rather not.

Yea that was on my frame side plates which was a solid colour. Having said that the side covers on my bike are resprays and are a perfect match to my tank and tailpiece. It can be done.

Ciao

Just had a spare front fender resprayed.
Legnano green and white base. Some say silver base. Only cost me 60$. I say it's looks very simular. I might do it again with silver base.
Lighting will fool you. IPA time .
Cheers Tom 3d4a6e93a01b3d69b56a914b54da6848.jpg4fca0e8e5b9cab51b7953668f292037c.jpg95ce9c9f358f23ed8cc8444d22e2ef8d.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Took the V11 out for a 50km ride around the lakes here in Rotorua NZ. With the TI map and the decent tune up I cannot fault it. Purrs like a cat and when you want growls like a tiger with that torque and the sound of the TI Cans. I honestly cannot fault it. It is running superb thanks to the information on this forum.

I had my bike lift close to the garage doors which was a bit of a pain getting the bikes around the lift to exit the garage. Also have to think about an addition to the two bikes. So in goes the lift with bikes not on the lift closer to the open doors of freedom!

Been looking around for a third bike with the criteria being it needs to be old (40 years old is about 1/10 of the annual registration fees here.) From $520 down to $50. Love an old guzzi but prices are rising super fast. I will know when the right one comes along.

So what did i do to my V11 today? Gave it a new position in the garage :D

new layout.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Just had a spare front fender resprayed.
Legnano green and white base. Some say silver base. Only cost me 60$. I say it's looks very simular. I might do it again with silver base.
Lighting will fool you. IPA time emoji482.png.
Cheers Tom 3d4a6e93a01b3d69b56a914b54da6848.jpg4fca0e8e5b9cab51b7953668f292037c.jpg95ce9c9f358f23ed8cc8444d22e2ef8d.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

Greenie V11 Sport... with the MAGNI fairing...a true unicorn. 

What a damned elegant machine. Much respect, Tom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1