What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

I’m not sure how many were registered when they were in production. I’ll have a trawl around and see what I can find. For years all Guzzi’s have never been big sellers here. That is until the V85 which seems to be selling well, but even so the numbers are tiny compared to Triumph, BMW and Hondas sales 

1 hour ago, VtwinStorm said:

Only 254 V11s left in the UK? That is heartbreaking...

The database that I’ve found only goes back 20 years to 2001. From 2001 to 2007 there were 150 V11 Sports registered, and 81 V11 Le Mans, Tenni’s RC’s,  NC’s, Cafe Sports etc registered, so from 2001 ~ 07 a total of 231 registrations. From another database I found there were 90 red frame Sports from 1999 & 2000 registered when new, so that makes a total of 321 new registrations from 1999 - 2007.

So 254 bikes surviving out of a a total of 321 sales seems a reasonable survival rate. It demonstrates that they never sold in serious numbers when new, hence seeing any V11 these days is a rarity…..

Contrast that with the 524 registrations of V85’s in the UK Since 2019….

Or the 17641 BMW R1200 GS’s that have been registered in the UK

There’s hours of entertainment looking at these statistics, but I only have the UK data and not worldwide. I would have thought Guzzi sold far more V11’s in the US ?

• Like 3

The Dealer network in the US was inept. When I bought my greenie, the local dealer was just a tiny little place on a side street strip mall. They wanted it sold so badly I paid I think at the time $7,000 brand new and sold it for the same price +/- couple years later.

Unless it’s been wrecked and dismantled, I see plenty of them still for sale today. They are time tested, reliable and fun bikes that you won’t see a dozen of at your local Sunday morning coffee shop. 

• Like 2

G'day

Sadly all I can do is look at her at the moment..

Between work/home chores and being crook there for a few days I haven't gotten out for a ride in 6 bloody weeks!

Might just take the ole tart for a run to my niece's place on Christmas day, ha ha be a present for us both.

Cheers Guzzler 

1 minute ago, guzzler said:

G'day

Sadly all I can do is look at her at the moment..

Between work/home chores and being crook there for a few days I haven't gotten out for a ride in 6 bloody weeks!

Might just take the ole tart for a run to my niece's place on Christmas day, ha ha be a present for us both.

Cheers Guzzler 

Pressie for me and the bike that is...

Ha ha 

6 hours ago, Guzzimax said:

The database that I’ve found only goes back 20 years to 2001. From 2001 to 2007 there were 150 V11 Sports registered, and 81 V11 Le Mans, Tenni’s RC’s,  NC’s, Cafe Sports etc registered, so from 2001 ~ 07 a total of 231 registrations. From another database I found there were 90 red frame Sports from 1999 & 2000 registered when new, so that makes a total of 321 new registrations from 1999 - 2007.

So 254 bikes surviving out of a a total of 321 sales seems a reasonable survival rate. It demonstrates that they never sold in serious numbers when new, hence seeing any V11 these days is a rarity…..

Contrast that with the 524 registrations of V85’s in the UK Since 2019….

Or the 17641 BMW R1200 GS’s that have been registered in the UK

There’s hours of entertainment looking at these statistics, but I only have the UK data and not worldwide. I would have thought Guzzi sold far more V11’s in the US ?

Guzzi's US distribution has always been spotty... I'd guess, running V11s in the USA at under 2k machines. I'm probably being optimistic. It's probably way less than that.

Wonder how many V11s were built per year?

2 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:

Guzzi's US distribution has always been spotty... I'd guess, running V11s in the USA at under 2k machines. I'm probably being optimistic. It's probably way less than that.

Wonder how many V11s were built per year?

Yep

Many an enquiring mind would like to know this....

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 2

Well, I didn't do much today other than sigh that it's going to be snowing tomorrow...and daydreaming about riding my V11 Sport in the Spring...I envy my friends in Australia and the Mediterranean...Le Sigh.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Well, I didn't do much today other than sigh that it's going to be snowing tomorrow...and daydreaming about riding my V11 Sport in the Spring...I envy my friends in Australia and the Mediterranean...Le Sigh.

Right? Seriously looking to our Southern Hemisphere brothers to get us through the Season of Mice and Ice.

Time to revive this thread:

This one from @mcgregor168 , May 2021: (NO STOPPING! --->)

d260acadd94ad51e81b8d46e6b821a41.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas has been & gone, resulting in much Turkey & sausage consumption. It’s rained most days for the past 2 weeks. As an antidote to the post Christmas torpor I ventured into the garage today to do my first Roper plate installation on the silver V11

I found the lower sump stuck fast, gentle manipulation with a rubber mallet and wooden drift produced no movement. So searching v11lemans.com I found the suggestion of painting nitromors stripper onto the gasket. Sure it removes the paint from the sump, but I’m getting the upper & lower sump powder coated as the original paint is flaking off. The paper gasket absorbs the nitromors, and after 2 ~ 3 applications and leaving it for an hour, I inserted a craft knife blade into the gasket, gently tapped it in and the sump simply fell off, great result

Now to get the powder coating done, and reassemble with 3 new gaskets, then repeat the roper plate installation on my greenie . . .DEDC5158-7770-4FBA-945A-DE14CF7DCF95.jpegBAADBFB8-F0DC-4FD0-B02D-2E599C70571A.jpeg

Roll on spring 😊

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

Christmas has been & gone, resulting in much Turkey & sausage consumption. It’s rained most days for the past 2 weeks. As an antidote to the post Christmas torpor I ventured into the garage today to do my first Roper plate installation on the silver V11

I found the lower sump stuck fast, gentle manipulation with a rubber mallet and wooden drift produced no movement. So searching v11lemans.com I found the suggestion of painting nitromors stripper onto the gasket. Sure it removes the paint from the sump, but I’m getting the upper & lower sump powder coated as the original paint is flaking off. The paper gasket absorbs the nitromors, and after 2 ~ 3 applications and leaving it for an hour, I inserted a craft knife blade into the gasket, gently tapped it in and the sump simply fell off, great result

Now to get the powder coating done, and reassemble with 3 new gaskets, then repeat the roper plate installation on my greenie . . .DEDC5158-7770-4FBA-945A-DE14CF7DCF95.jpegBAADBFB8-F0DC-4FD0-B02D-2E599C70571A.jpeg

Roll on spring 😊

Living the Guzzi dream, baby!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, docc said:

The hammer, in clear view, is proof positive! :luigi:

Only used to tap a blade into the gasket to loosen the pan, honest 😇😇

the sump itself was remarkably sludge free, but I’ll wash out the gauze mesh as well as fitting a new HiFlo filterFA3192A3-B36D-4ED2-9AA9-AC161BBAE2D9.jpeg

• Like 2

Living the dream, apart from grovelling around on the cold garage floor, as there’s no space for a bike lift at the moment12F68D3A-0061-4BAC-A533-F770CF6530F8.jpeg

• Like 2