What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

8 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

Only used to tap a blade into the gasket to loosen the pan, honest 😇😇

the sump itself was remarkably sludge free, but I’ll wash out the gauze mesh as well as fitting a new HiFlo filterFA3192A3-B36D-4ED2-9AA9-AC161BBAE2D9.jpeg

Clean is the name of the game.

Clean, clean, clean!

2 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

Living the dream, apart from grovelling around on the cold garage floor, as there’s no space for a bike lift at the moment12F68D3A-0061-4BAC-A533-F770CF6530F8.jpeg

Two V11s... pretty nice!

2 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Two V11s... pretty nice!

There’s two more hidden under covers behind the silver & the grape ape, plus the MT01. I’m living the dream😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

There’s two more hidden under covers behind the silver & the grape ape, plus the MT01. I’m living the dream😇

Yes you are.

2 hours ago, 2Stroke-Racing said:

cooling down after the ritual end of year one hour fun ride :race:

20210902_201401.jpg

We have sister black w/red frame V11s! I have the Mistral conical cans on mine, though. Great choice.

sister ?  :D

it is a hard working brother (1999 first series) without much modifications other than parts, broken by crashes on mountain roads within the last 15 years.

• front wheel, brakes and exhaust collector donated from centauro
  • review mirrors and handlebars- street legal after market parts
  • steering damper from a later Le Mans

In it´s younger days it was a nearly mint example but 14 years later ...

•  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 2Stroke-Racing said:

sister ?  :D

it is a hard working brother (1999 first series) without much modifications other than parts, broken by crashes on mountain roads within the last 15 years.

• front wheel, brakes and exhaust collector donated from centauro
  • review mirrors and handlebars- street legal after market parts
  • steering damper from a later Le Mans

In it´s younger days it was a nearly mint example but 14 years later ...

•  

I call all motorcycles by female adjectives. :D

Very cool collection.

2 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

I call all motorcycles by female adjectives. :D

germans usually do the same - hence the difference for BMW - she the bike / he the car

but i tend to give certain bikes male names - if they are outstanding hardworking pieces of engineering as this V11 !

It was my first italian bike that was a true brother :helmet:

7 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Very cool collection.

Compared to your collection and the other amazing machines shown in this community most of my bikes are daily rides or just goofy memories with the exception of the old gp maico.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, 2Stroke-Racing said:

germans usually do the same - hence the difference for BMW - she the bike / he the car

but i tend to give certain bikes male names - if they are outstanding hardworking pieces of engineering as this V11 !

Compared to your collection and the other amazing machines shown in this community most of my bikes are daily rides or just goofy memories with the exception of the old gp maico.

Well, an Aprilia RS is nothing unremarkable!

1 hour ago, 2Stroke-Racing said:

Welcome @2Stroke-Racing! Now we know who the NĂźrburgring "Moto Guzzi vs Others" rider was made after ! :race::grin:

small.866601368_Maico_RS_2_(1970)_Solitu

• Like 4

hilarious :D 

especially the overtaking of the bus ! That is so Nordschleife NĂźrburgring !

Seriously - i would never dare to ride there with my skills i would be dead crashing the infamous bus or some wannabee jeremy clarkson in his car.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

and thanks for the warm welcome 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Part 2 is even better - [you need to switch Caption to automatic english translation]

and yes i always kiss the holy ground after i jumped ship successfully

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Discovered why my dash mounted voltmeter wasn't working. While there was a brief moment of triumph, it was quickly displaced by :homer:

20220117_125929.jpg

• Haha 1

Finally found a guy who would agree to material blast my blistered (clear coat) greenie tank.
I then cleaned it up with some careful wet sanding, and it’s my painters shop now, along with the “recipe” from House of Kolor off this forum from years ago, but most likely they’ll just use their star-trek style camera analyzer deal to create some paint match samples.
Also got the fly screen from Italy, Stucchi, so it’s slowly coming together.
This greenie only has a little over 1000 original miles, but it was a rough 1000 miles, including bad storage. So cosmetic work is the obvious thing that needs attention in this case, then will go through the mechanical stuff, “decent tune up”, though it actually runs pretty well so hopefully there won’t be any “whammies” discovered in that process.

Red is up on the stand, awaiting time for me to go through her, for her annual “check up”. Time is always the issue. Every year I figure “I have all winter, easy.” But then late January I haven’t even started the work, which is the needed panic and motivation I need…

• Like 3