What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

10 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Broke my damn arm again, just at the dawn of riding season.  Sigh.

But working at half speed to get Red off the winter tune bench, and wrapped up the valves, new valpolini gaskets, plugs, TPS baseline, and TB sync today.  Have not re-checked CO trim, as it means firing up that old windows machine i use for that.  I wouldn’t think CO trim would “meander” on its own, or am I just wishful thinking?  

Will pull left side TB off this week hopefully, and start going through Phils process of getting her tightened up so she doesn’t “drool”.   And get those tank vent lines joined and with a properly placed union down lower so its a quicker R&R of the tank. 

Then will get her off the stand and Greenie up there so i can pick my way through getting her gone through for the first time, for mechanical and cosmetics.  Probably something to mess with this summer while i daydream about riding…

No, the CO Fuel Trim doesn't wander (like the Throttle Body Balance and the TPS).

Sheesh, bud, sorry to hear about your injury. Fractures heal in 5-6 weeks (something with a surgical repair, perhaps out to ten to be very conservative). Surely, you won;t miss the entire riding season!

1 hour ago, docc said:

No, the CO Fuel Trim doesn't wander (like the Throttle Body Balance and the TPS).

Sheesh, bud, sorry to hear about your injury. Fractures heal in 5-6 weeks (something with a surgical repair, perhaps out to ten to be very conservative). Surely, you won;t miss the entire riding season!

Thx Docc.  I may skip firing up the old B Gates laptop for now then, though greenie will need it.

the broken bone needs to be “upgraded”, due to deeper issues.  Steve Austin style is what I’m hoping, or maybe Sara   Conners nemesis? Probably a month or more till they start, then lots of healing time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, docc said:

It takes a very special peace with the Universe to find this comforting . . .  :sun::luigi:  :drink:

1be5780652a0911902f3835878de4d9d.jpg

Don't feel alone, Brother!

B68859E4-01A4-47D6-A897-7C16648ABDA7.jpeg

That’s my “grape ape” V11 in the lower photo, minus tank, seat and bodywork etc. Unfortunately I don’t have a lift (no space in garage currently), so I have to spend too much time groveling around on a cold concrete floor:(

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What kind of prices around for svingarm bearings, just wondering? Up here full price 4 bearings around 550$. Paid around 300$.
Bearings in, and started on the regulator and cable upgrade.
Cheers Tom. 08952c4f9127d8adcb1e0ee2796d5924.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

• Sad 2

These bearings had the special unobtainium solid gold races and 99.9% silver balls?? 

Seriously, I don't know.. but that sounds crazy to me. (?)

For the actual bearings, or the price installed? If those are US Dollars, that is rather stinging money. :blink:

If it includes the removal and replacement, I totally understand.

"Special Practices May Apply" . . .

IMG_2688.JPG

• Haha 2

Had a realy long face today picking up the bearings, have the reciept to show.
Normaly bearings around 20$, that's why I asked. They are quite wide, but but.
2 bearings in the freezer, and heatgun to 90+C on the frame. Misses bringing 1 and 1 bearing and instaled.
Cheers Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Had a realy long face today picking up the bearings, have the reciept to show.
Normaly bearings around 20$, that's why I asked. They are quite wide, but but.
2 bearings in the freezer, and heatgun to 90+C on the frame. Misses bringing 1 and 1 bearing and instaled.
Cheers Tom

Wow! I sourced some bearings from a local bearing shop for less than $50. Mine came out quite easily. No drama at all :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tomchri said:

What kind of prices around for svingarm bearings, just wondering? Up here full price 4 bearings around 550$. Paid around 300$.
Bearings in, and started on the regulator and cable upgrade.
Cheers Tom. 08952c4f9127d8adcb1e0ee2796d5924.jpg

$300, they didn't see you coming, they sent for you.:lol:

Ciao

• Haha 3

Answer achieved :rasta: TESS is a fairly big company up here, hydraulic, bolts bearings, tools + and fair prices. Usually no sense shipping 4 bearings. FAG bearings it was.  I figured like Nico said around 40$, i'l find out.   No one was hurt in the experience, but hell that's  a lot of grain. 

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Answer achieved :rasta: TESS is a fairly big company up here, hydraulic, bolts bearings, tools + and fair prices. Usually no sense shipping 4 bearings. FAG bearings it was.  I figured like Nico said around 40$, i'l find out.   No one was hurt in the experience, but hell that's  a lot of grain. 

Cheers Tom.

I just hate people getting screwed really badly for price on something like this.

Ciao

• Thanks 2

I just bought a pair of swingarm bearings for my Nero. For some reason, these double-thick bearings were hard to find. Most sites show "not available" and I saw some priced at about $150 each. Finally ordered (and received) them from Harpers. Less than $100 for the pair. I felt like that was a bit high, but it was the lowest price I could find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Scud said:

I just bought a pair of swingarm bearings for my Nero. For some reason, these double-thick bearings were hard to find. Most sites show "not available" and I saw some priced at about $150 each. Finally ordered (and received) them from Harpers. Less than $100 for the pair. I felt like that was a bit high, but it was the lowest price I could find.

What brand if I may ask ?

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

The swingarm bearings are SKF.

FYI - I got All-Balls wheel and steering bearings. Those were under $20 each.

• Thanks 2