What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

6 hours ago, Kane said:

Very nice collection of V11s, Guzzimax!
Does each one serve a different riding purpose for you, or are you obsessed and just can’t help yourself?

How about of a nice family pic or two?

Your silver Sport looks fabulous.

Cheers!

It was never planned, I was going to stop at a red frame sport, a black frame sport, & a Rosso Corsa…apart from the silver & greenie sports, they’re all subtly different 

This pic is of 4 x V11’s and a Griso 

3817FF40-2B48-4F8C-898E-FA1F80CF2239.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I recently removed the rear wheel and swing arm plastic shroud, and today followed-up by removing and painting the battery tray that had suffered corrosion, and installing a Ghezzi-Brian CF rear mudguard. Ghezzi-Brian is still in business, and Bruno (Brian) is a very nice person to deal with.

5914569C-3BEE-4B4F-A54B-692FBB3E91E7.jpeg

8A3F3A3B-006F-457D-ADAE-E1A5EB1C6F66.jpeg

A9CBE8FF-F258-4A38-93CC-E44EE6E941F7.jpeg

• Like 5

Ghezzi Brian - He’s proud of those CF hugger mudguards, price wise, but they are nice.  I have one and those same pipes on Red… nice look.  Which crossover is that?

“Today” on my v11 i wrapped up Red’s winter maintenance, and swapped the greenie project up onto the work stand.  I say “I’, meaning my dad and i, as I’ve still got the mostly useless right arm, so credit goes to my dad in his mid-80’s gettin’ er done. 

I’m slightly embarrassed and pleased with a fix on the front lemans fairing on red, the last thing i had to do to her for the winter maintenance list.  I know there’s a simple reason for this issue but i still haven’t figured out why on Red the whole fairing can wiggle up and down about 1/8+ inches.  I’ve disassembled it and looked it all over, compared it to Goldie which does not have the issue, and just don’t see why Red does it and Goldie doesn’t, except that the bolt holes on the upper part of the mounting bracket are just slightly oversized for the bolt that slides through.  I wouldnt think the hotes are oversized enough to allow that much vertical “wiggle”, but its all i can find that was amiss.  Still a little bit of an unsolved mystery. But i wrapped the whole unthreaded part of the bolt with one wrap of aluminum cut from a pop can, to take up some slop/space, then wrapped the unthreaded part of the bolt head end a 2nd time, and then same on the nut side but on the nut side had the aluminum extend a little over the threads, so that as i tightened the nut it crushed and expanded the aluminum wrap, which did the trick of filling the gap.  Jury-rig crush washer.  No more wiggle, and its all “removable” modification, and invisible.  It’s hokier than I’d prefer, but works and I’m thinking theres no real downside.   Anyone else have this issue and know what might be missing or amiss to cause that? 

• Like 3

Wow, sounds like a busy and productive day!

That’s a Mistral crossover. Still running the stock head pipes. I took out the Db killers when I changed the crossover. She runs and sounds great, but I do now get that metallic whistle thing when coming off the gas.

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Wow, sounds like a busy and productive day!

That’s a Mistral crossover. Still running the stock head pipes. I took out the Db killers when I changed the crossover. She runs and sounds great, but I do now get that metallic whistle thing when coming off the gas.

That's the Mistral mufflers. I ditched them for that reason. I'm afraid I have to say that rear hugger is horrible. I've seen those before and cant imagine why you would mount a rear hugger like that. A rear hugger needs to be mounted close to the tyre or it looks weird. I'm not totally in love with my hugger but it looks more rational then the Ghezzi Brian effort. What were they thinking. 

Ciao

• Confused 1

The Ghezzi Brian rear fender can be mounted closer to the tire. The one I ordered recently has a longer bracket than the one I got several years ago - the modified bracket makes it possible to lower fender until it touches the tire - so you can choose whatever size gap you want.

DD22CDD5-3F9D-40DF-A04D-E907DF68DA0F_1_1

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Scud said:

The Ghezzi Brian rear fender can be mounted closer to the tire. The one I ordered recently has a longer bracket than the one I got several years ago - the modified bracket makes it possible to lower fender until it touches the tire - so you can choose whatever size gap you want.

Thats how mine is mounted… I could choose the mount angle on my GB.  Though its mostly about looks, as the practical difference is very small.  I live on a gravel road, and the fine “mud line shadow” thats clearly illustrated when I’m caused to come home when the road is wet (muddy) paints a clear picture in fine mud of the exact protection area of the hugger, based on the size/length and angle of the hugger (i have a couple different ones for the multistrada I’ve messed with over time).  My only complaint, and its pretty only for those who are as abusive as me by living on a gravel road, is that i wish the GB hugger was a little longer.  But thankfully my V11’s are pretty much sunny day bikes for me, so not a big deal.  But the optional longer hugger i mounted on my multistrada makes an obvious difference, and it does get ridden in all weather, and on more than a little gravel/dirt. 

• Like 1

I don't have a V11, so I did this instead; 8 lbs of Crayfish, four sausage links, potatoes and corn in a "sauce Louisianian" with crêpes, because Mardi Gras, no?

_DM35841

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Scud said:

Yea that look better.

Ciao