What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

K, fixed the problematic Panopticon photo failure and deleted the posts. 
For your viewing pleasure.

I wasn't going to inspect the rear gears, but the little voice said 'Dooo Eeeeet'. So I do it.

I've looked as closely as possible through the fill hole in the past, and didn't really like the surface finish I saw on the ring gear. No idea what was in it when I got it, probably the factory lube. I've always run RedLine shockproof in this one, and surprisingly I think the surface finish is better now than it was before. 
For this reassembly, I'll be using Liqui-Moly because I can't get Chevron Delo ESI. L-M also has borate additives, so should be as good. 

Ah yes, we'll be having the transmission out as well, due to enormous end play in the output shaft.
I have a helical gearbox on the bench nearly ready I meant to swap in a long time ago, I guess I know my next move.

0414221334.jpg

0414221508.jpg

0414221506.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Those are some fine looking “pressure angles” . . .  ;)

[ I had to move my silly comment to match. I'll clean up the unnecessary comments related to the images. Thanks to all for reporting the issue. And thanks for reposting, @Pressureangle ! ]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a difference a little piece of plastic makes:

image.jpeg

20220415_182403.jpg

The aluminium one is going to the powdercoaters to get the candy apple red treatment with the pork chops for the Tenni.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

I wasn't going to inspect the rear gears, but the little voice said 'Dooo Eeeeet'. So I do it.

I've looked as closely as possible through the fill hole in the past, and didn't really like the surface finish I saw on the ring gear. No idea what was in it when I got it, probably the factory lube. I've always run RedLine shockproof in this one, and surprisingly I think the surface finish is better now than it was before. 
For this reassembly, I'll be using Liqui-Moly because I can't get Chevron Delo ESI. L-M also has borate additives, so should be as good. 

Ah yes, we'll be having the transmission out as well, due to enormous end play in the output shaft.
I have a helical gearbox on the bench nearly ready I meant to swap in a long time ago, I guess I know my next move.

0414221334.jpg

0414221508.jpg

0414221506.jpg

They are like this std.

Ciao

7 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

0414221334.jpg

0414221508.jpg

0414221506.jpg

I'd be interested in what and how you fixed the photo problem.

9 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

I'd be interested in what and how you fixed the photo problem.

Downloaded them from the Panopticon, uploaded them to imgbb and inserted image from URL via the 'other media' radio button. 
More work than I'd like.

Uhh.. Docc's kid runs Imgzeit.. it's 11 bucks per year, unlimited uploads. Load it there, select "direct" and there ya go. No fooling around with "free" sites, losing your pictures, etc. Photoblockit can KMA. :angry2: Right down the middle.

Project progress..

20220407_155428.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FreyZI said:

What a difference a little piece of plastic makes:

image.jpeg

20220415_182403.jpg

The aluminium one is going to the powdercoaters to get the candy apple red treatment with the pork chops for the Tenni.

G'day

That's much better mate...!

I had the same issue with mine when I first got the bike and it really annoyed me.

It just made the whole bike look a bit rough.

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pressureangle said:

Downloaded them from the Panopticon, uploaded them to imgbb and inserted image from URL via the 'other media' radio button. 
More work than I'd like.

:huh2: 

Cheers Tom.

55 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Uhh.. Docc's kid runs Imgzeit.. it's 11 bucks per year, unlimited uploads. Load it there, select "direct" and there ya go. No fooling around with "free" sites, losing your pictures, etc. Photoblockit can KMA. :angry2: Right down the middle.

Project progress..

20220407_155428.jpg

Hear, Hear!!! Super-easy, super fast and super options for copying and pasting.

• Like 2

And how about another picture, story about the Guzzi propelled engine hanging from the roof :bier:

Cheers Tom.

6 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

like wot? The output shaft end play? I hope not! Or do I hope so? 

The gearbox output shaft has around 1-1.5mm end float, thats normal. The output shaft bearing floats in the end cover.

Ciao