What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

8 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

The gearbox output shaft has around 1-1.5mm end float, thats normal. The output shaft bearing floats in the end cover.

Ciao

Upon close inspection (you shouldn't see my workspace) it's the driveshaft yoke sliding on the output shaft. It's not 'loose' but it slides with a plug fit. I'm sure this is why they put a spring on the slip splines. 
Still, I have this box to assemble and might install it anyway just to get inside the straight-cut one.

18 hours ago, FreyZI said:

What a difference a little piece of plastic makes:

image.jpeg

20220415_182403.jpg

The aluminium one is going to the powdercoaters to get the candy apple red treatment with the pork chops for the Tenni.

Like to see how that turns out when done at powdercoater’s…

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 8:15 PM, MartyNZ said:

Is that the Verner radial engine? How about a picture of it?

Here's the back when I was making the engine mount..

IMG_20220117_161124674.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Easter Sunday ride around Derbyshire. Meeting at the Matlock Bath Pavilion 

EE32AA9C-F08C-4989-8E4A-C23776900D1E.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Apart from my V11, this 8V Stelvio was the only other Guzzi I saw today

4C1E7035-1C72-44CF-BFBA-768CC785F302.jpeg

Back home, Lily the cat keeping an eye on the sliver V11

1D898665-44B2-4142-A7BE-3EA60501BF2D.jpeg

Ha ha true

But you can't complain about the weather yesterday mate...

An absolute beauty for this time of year, 28 degrees and sunny no wind...perfect

So for only the second time all year dragged the cover off the ole girl and got out for a ride.

Gassed up in Warragul and backroads through to Yarragon,Trafalgar up into the Strezlecki's ( Ranges ) a coffee in Mirboo North... Great riding through here and down to Meeniyan and on to Port Albert on the coast ( supposedly the best fish and chips in the state).Well being Easter long weekend and stunning weather it was packed! 

So we decided to head on into Yarram and lunch at one of the pubs.

Headed for home back over the Strezlecki's via Gormandale and into Traralgon.

Weather too good to drone down the highway so more backroads to Tyers /Yallourn Nth/ Willow Grove and home to Drouin.

Left home 9.30am and got back at 4.30pm LOTS of great twisty roads, bike went well and the rider wasn't too rusty either!

Cheers Guzzler

Ps only downside is not having ridden much I really started feeling the bumps in the last hour..

Only cure for that is to get out more....ha ha 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2022 at 11:16 AM, docc said:

This makes mySport seem positively sane . . .

IMG_20220118_102925719.jpg

Oh, I dunno, Docc. My biggest worry when riding is some brain dead texting (or playing games on their phone!) driver running me over. I'll be 4 or 5 hundred feet above those idiots with the breeze blowing up my shorts. :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Holiday here in the UK today, took the opportunity to do some workspace tidying, consequently no riding only pushing bikes in and out of the garage

E69CC467-AC45-4772-A0BA-E44B89BB7359.jpeg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

Holiday here in the UK today, took the opportunity to do some workspace tidying, consequently no riding only pushing bikes in and out of the garage

Sounds like my holiday yesterday. Pushed the Moto Guzzis around and got the Husky and a friends KTM ready for a trip to the Sierra Nevadas.

Just got a great little used Kendon trailer - can carry two street bike or three dirt bikes. And it folds up and stores vertically on the side of the house. 

• Like 1

Buttoned up the Scura late last night and took it for a run - all working perfectly.  Over the last couple of weeks I've managed to replace quite a few items, let me see if I can remember them all:

1.  Replaced fuel petcock - old one was crusty, leaking and when I pulled it out of the tank had quite a bit of sediment accumulated about 1 cm high.  I had this item on my bench for several years, finally decided to replace it. 

2.  With the tank off, it was obvious I needed to replace the fuel sending solenoid - prices had doubled on this just recently, but the wires on mine were broken and not repairable, it was crusty also, so a fresh one was installed.  A bit tricky at first to install it so gas wasn't leaking, I put a little white grease in a thin layer on the threads...no more leak.

2a.  Flushed tank out with extra gas to ensure no more sediment stuck anywhere else in the tank.  Happy to report the tank went back on with no issues, just a slight push, and back in place, so no swelling to report.

2b.  Fresh button hex head screws and washers on both the petcock and solenoid mounting brackets, as they were a mixed batch I believe from the prior owner.

3.  Replaced all rubbers, fore and aft of the throttle bodies/airbox...snugged up easily.  Replacement was quite easy.

3a.  Thorough cleaning of the throttle bodies/butterfly valves, got a lot of crud removed from the walls of the throttle bodies and flaps closing snugly and completely.

4.  Cleaned the airbox, small amount of oil at the bottom (normal), replaced air filter.

5.  Installed new green shift lever that I had bought several years ago, love the feeling of the new shifter, feels a tad more precise.

6. On back order is the clutch extension line recommended by Scud to make clutch bleeding easier (like on my Norge/Griso) with a speed bleeder.  

7.  Changed spark plugs - right one had a bent electrode, how does that happen, both plugs looked quite decent, but fresh ones are always good.

8. Disconnected all electrical connectors, sprayed, cleaned and dried.  Ensured plug wires properly and deeply connected in, rubber boots in good condition.

8a.  Removed battery mounting bracket tray, scrubbed, sanded and painted it Black Cherry just to add some hidden color in the bike.  :)  Fresh rubber battery tray as well installed.

9.  Have to put some Vaseline on the battery connectors and do a Carbtune TB synch now to fine tune it.

10.  Late last night I saw that something is loose in my headlight, looks like a hexagonal piece of plastic, I assume it's the light deflector, but will see if that's possible to fix, or if I need a new headlight, I hope not.

11.  Removed valve covers, replaced gaskets with the upgraded rubber REAL Gaskets from Tennessee, did a valve check, no adjustment was needed. 

Well, that's all I can remember, looking forward to more miles...always feels good to do the maintenance and get into the guts of the machine.  

I'd like to thank all of those who have helped contribute to the Tank Off Checklist, maintaining it, and also for those inventors on the site who make good replacement parts  that are better than OEM (Upgraded Fuel line, green shifter, bleeder line).  Much appreciated.

• Like 7