What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

They are unbelievably inexpensive. I bought 5 for less than $5, but had to wait for the boat from China. Surprisingly, the first one is fine at the 2-year mark. They have a blink-rate adjustment screw between the pins, and a tab so they will pop into the OEM rubber mount. These at the Amazon link are horrendously expensive - almost $3 ea., but you get five of them tomorrow.

https://smile.amazon.com/Adjustable-Electronic-Flasher-Relay-Signal/dp/B07JYY6H3W/ref=sr_1_13?crid=1E2W3F33YJIFM&keywords=adjustable+led+flasher+5x&qid=1650760934&sprefix=adjustable+led+flasher+5%2Caps%2C132&sr=8-13

IMG_3289.JPG

So, a monkey paw trap full of spare Osrams and flashers for the journey!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Here's a night shot of the B/LT setup. Also, another shot from about 30º to the right, showing that the light, for me, is still plenty visible.

Screen%20Shot%202022-04-23%20at%2011.44.

IMG_3292.JPG

• Like 1

A perfect spring day for a ride out

3F7575CB-C144-41F2-8FE6-0F6123ED89AC.jpeg

• Like 6

On 4/21/2022 at 11:42 AM, FreyZI said:

In other news, I finally landed on a center tank pad to cover up PO's crookedly applied pad and subsequent discoloration.  The new pad hasn't completely resolved the problem, but it's better than how it was.  Another benefit is that we know for certain what gender this bike is now. ;) 

image.jpeg

I like the look of that pad and how it follows the tank curves!

Is it some sort of faux carbon finish?

Would you mind letting us know where you found it? Thanks!

On 4/22/2022 at 4:42 AM, FreyZI said:

In other news, I finally landed on a center tank pad to cover up PO's crookedly applied pad and subsequent discoloration.  The new pad hasn't completely resolved the problem, but it's better than how it was.  Another benefit is that we know for certain what gender this bike is now. ;) 

image.jpeg

This is why I never run anything other than clear scratch pads. Even if you can't use an identically shaped replacement it doesn't matter as there will be no fade line. I guess you could always source some material and make the shape to suit the fade lines.

Ciao

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

This is why I never run anything other than clear scratch pads. Even if you can't use an identically shaped replacement it doesn't matter as there will be no fade line. I guess you could always source some material and make the shape to suit the fade lines.

Ciao

Good point!

16 hours ago, Speedfrog said:

The center pad is an Eazi-Grips universal type B "Pro" pad.  Ironically, I called in my order and the guy who took it misunderstood.  I had asked for the universal"E".  Oh, well.  I agree that it matches the contours of the tank pretty well.  The universal products, as well as bike specific pads and grips, are offered in Evo, Pro, and Silicone.  Evo has pretty significant raised domes for more aggressive/track riding.  The Pro has some tactile relief.  The silicone, I gather, is smooth -- the website photos don't really give a great sense.

This will please @Lucky Phil:  Many of the shape and grip options are available in clear.  Too late for Bubbles, though. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Speedfrog said:

Oh, BTW, it's just black rubber with texture; not faux cf. See https://www.eazi-grip.com/eazi-grip/. I ordered from U.S. distributor https://www.orientexpress.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I did exactly what I didn't want to happen; I cracked part of the black plastic barrel of the ignition switch. 🤯 Then I started to see if I could buy a new one: not available. The hunt for a Zadi pl336 begins...

On 4/25/2021 at 6:51 PM, docc said:

MySport's been parked for over a month leaking fork oil into a catch pan while my "other bike" is on the lift. Pretty sure the fussy Italian girl just had to pitch her hissy-fit. I have the seals in the pile, just need the lift. But the little Honda is waiting on a NOS cam. From Israel. Gonna be a minute . . .

So, I decide there is nothing to be lost by using the SealMate® that @Mikkosent me a couple years ago. Without any real hopes, the left fork went 118 miles today and stayed dry! Shocked! So, I cleaned the right and feel like we're back on the road. Thanks @Mikko ! ! :thumbsup:

IMG_4825.jpg

I just now had to repeat this procedure on the left fork after one year and 5,000 miles/ 8.000 km.

This time, my buddy @Josh suggested putting some white grease at the cleaned seal and bounce the forks several times so that any dirt gets trapped in the grease. I used the (amazing) Shin Etsu rubber grease. The seal stopped weeping over the last 24 hours. We shall see . . .

IMG_4825.jpg

Matlock again today, here’s my silver V11 Sport next to a Ducati Scrambler

0E95729E-7AD9-4ADA-A7C7-4825E8EF26C0.jpeg

• Like 3

And a Redditch built Royal Enfield

7C8E4FAA-CCF4-40E5-A54B-5F7D449FA721.jpeg

• Like 3

Mounted 2 Ghezi B CF fenders today, 1more to go. Quality pieces for sure. Good deal for 3. Bruno has delivered.
Anybody having a hub for a MGS 01 laying around?
Cheers Tom. 11bed30d13b73b5e2f7c0855c4e413ec.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

• Like 2