What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

20 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Mounted 2 Ghezi B CF fenders today, 1more to go. Quality pieces for sure. Good deal for 3. Bruno has delivered.
Anybody having a hub for a MGS 01 laying around?
Cheers Tom. 11bed30d13b73b5e2f7c0855c4e413ec.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

What is that? "A hub?"

• Like 1

Marvic magnesium rims shoud be available, quoting Bruno at Ghezi Brian, but need to find a hub for a MGS01, connecting piece wheel-rear drive :rasta:

Cheers Tom.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Marvic magnesium rims shoud be available, quoting Bruno at Ghezi Brian, but need to find a hub for a MGS01, connecting piece wheel-rear drive :rasta:

Cheers Tom.

You could make one from a V11 Hub GU01335230. It would involve some cutting and machining, but the MGS01 uses the V11 bevel box.

image.jpeg

MGS01 BevelBox&Wheel.jpg

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, MartyNZ said:

You could make one from a V11 Hub GU01335230. It would involve some cutting and machining, but the MGS01 uses the V11 bevel box.

image.jpeg

MGS01 BevelBox&Wheel.jpg

I've looked at that and the V11 drive plate isn't robust enough (too thin a section) and has a tapered face. You could machine off the original plate and weld on a heavier one and machine it to true it up I guess or machine up a whole new unit and get the splines cut. The V11 drive bore is also different to the MGS-01 unit.

Ciao

• Thanks 2

I finally got a decent ride out of the old girl today!

I was putting a speedbleeder in the clutch piston, and after removing the swingarm I found the bearings were seized solid 😠.  Like totally solid.  The pivot nubs must’ve been rotating independently within the races.

You try and do one little job eh?

So, once more unto the pluckin breach then!  Those bearings are b*stards straight from satan’s worse dreams.  I had forgotten I’d done this job on my last v11; must’ve blanked it for sanity’s sake…

But, new bearings in (lovely fag ones- fags are so nice haha) and blow me down but i think the rear suspension is actually working as it should now.  I kept wondering why I wasn’t feeling confident in the corners before but now we’re back in business!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I unloaded this new companion  to my good old black buddy. Hope we all age gracefully togetherlarge.20220508_122022.jpg

Black buddy will get some nice carbon parts and a new Lightscreen to feel proper next to T078.

large_v113.jpg

• Like 6

Picked my Rosso Corsa up from Twiggers in Loughborough today, following throttle body balance & fixing a slow puncture that was due to a leaky valve. Great ride back home, with the bike more responsive than ever 

9E2815FF-A122-4D31-BFEA-9E7AE9F887D8.jpeg

• Like 6

Rosso Corsa in Matlock Bath today, parked by the old red telephone kiosk as usual

2037619A-E5A1-41FB-943E-E845350C0503.jpeg

• Like 6

More pics....:pic: May have gotten the wrong size bag, looks like a steamer trunk from rear view. :huh:

Has anyone ever taken off the body work and had the matte finish clear coated or freshened up? Clearly I can't remove the Rosso Mandello logo's and such, but spraying it would maybe erase the scratches and scars from 21 years and preserve it.  Thoughts................... 

IMG_4817.jpg

IMG_4815.jpg

6 hours ago, Joe said:

More pics....:pic: May have gotten the wrong size bag, looks like a steamer trunk from rear view. :huh:

Has anyone ever taken off the body work and had the matte finish clear coated or freshened up? Clearly I can't remove the Rosso Mandello logo's and such, but spraying it would maybe erase the scratches and scars from 21 years and preserve it.  Thoughts................... 

IMG_4817.jpg

IMG_4815.jpg

V nice Mandello, nice CF fender.  Racks and moonreaching luggage,  sorry not for me.  Turbulence can be nasty. 

Cheers Tom. 

• Like 1

I’ve taken the body work off, 

8 hours ago, Joe said:

IMG_4817.jpg

IMG_4815.jpg

I’ve taken the body work off, had it resprayed & clear coated, plus sourced a new Le Mans logo, but that was a gloss finish, a professional paint shop should be able to handle refinishing the matte finish

That’s one heck of a steamer trunk, should be good for at least a 2 week Caribbean cruise 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Joe said:

IMG_4817.jpg

IMG_4815.jpg

The Graphics  can be found in this forum..the paint is very difficult to match, cost me 

$500 us..but it looked perfect.

Not today but yesterday...

Took the bike to work at one of our suburban branches again to help out.....

Uneventful drone down the freeway on the way in but about 11am the bloody rain starts, then it clears then it's on and off rest of the day and cold and windy too!

So the best laid plans of a run thru the fun stretch from Lang Lang to Drouin out of the question at knock off time ( 2.30pm ) and back to  the Freeway it is!

Wet/ windy/roadworks everywhere/ very heavy traffic/lane splitting to get away and just when I get to clear open road, the heavens decide to really let rip....

Of course being the eternal optimist regarding the weather I only put my wet weather leggings on ( I hate getting togged up in them as takes ages ) and of course I've got dry legs and feet BUT just as the water threatens to get into my leather jacket it stops and I dry out in the cold wind jeez even my glasses have stopped fogging up and I have clear vision again!

Ha ha I couldn't care I'm bloody well enjoying it eh...

Bike's running great and although the roads are drenched the bikes handling is just planted and secure hell I'm even warm and it's just one of those days where it should be CRAP... but it's not.

As I approach my wee town the weather looks like it's got one more surprise for me and the rain gets harder again, you bastard I thought here we go a soaking in the last 2 kays from home.

Ha ha whoever the weather god is he/she was on duty in Drouin yesterday arvo and it held till I got home.I would've been home 10 minutes and down she came BIG TIME.

After I peel myself outa my riding gear have a nice hot shower and tea ( Dinner ) I retire to the lounge with a cuppa and stand by the fire looking out the floor to ceiling windows at the wild weather and chuckle to myself...ha ha this time I won!

There's a certain pleasure in cheating the elements eh..

Cheers Guzzler   

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Joe said:

New Ventura EVO Bike-Pack System. :bike:

IMG_4816.jpg

New Pirelli rear arrived to fit to my silver Sport

the problem is how do I transport this tyre on the bike to the fitting shop, a journey of around 12 miles. I have no “steamer trunk” sized luggage system !

Don’t really want to bungee the tyre to the pillion seat either. Maybe devise some way of carrying it on my back ? 

Any ideas?

C6E7EC88-23B1-422C-A1E9-AA1B2C92E931.jpeg