What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

On 5/16/2022 at 8:19 AM, Joe said:

New Ventura EVO Bike-Pack System. :bike:

IMG_4816.jpg

Expand  

New Pirelli rear arrived to fit to my silver Sport

the problem is how do I transport this tyre on the bike to the fitting shop, a journey of around 12 miles. I have no “steamer trunk” sized luggage system !

Don’t really want to bungee the tyre to the pillion seat either. Maybe devise some way of carrying it on my back ? 

Any ideas?

C6E7EC88-23B1-422C-A1E9-AA1B2C92E931.jpeg

IMG_0576.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

They don't call it 'a spare tire' for nothing lol

GK12aB5JRlLoS7srTxurvYf2YwDMTVLYpgYJWsYY

Lol, brilliant. I should be able to squeeze into a 17 inch tyre despite excessive pie consumption 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've only owned the bike for a short time but I think the Rosso Mandello is gorgeous version of the V11. Ventura recommends facing the bag forward for weight distribution and aerodynamics. Clearly it looks like I need to order a smaller EVO bag, but I like the fact that the mounting system design lets you see the bike when used. I don't plan on using a tank bag for the same reason. I sport toured back in the day on a brand new silver 2001 V11 Sport with Techno bags and large tank bag, in a new season I guess. 

674446651 (002).jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Joe said:

I've only owned the bike for a short time but I think the Rosso Mandello is gorgeous version of the V11. Ventura recommends facing the bag forward for weight distribution and aerodynamics. Clearly it looks like I need to order a smaller EVO bag, but I like the fact that the mounting system design lets you see the bike when used. I don't plan on using a tank bag for the same reason. I sport toured back in the day on a brand new silver 2001 V11 Sport with Techno bags and large tank bag, in a new season I guess. 

674446651 (002).jpg

I’ve got a Ventura rack on my MT01, but I’ve never attached such a huge bag, I just bungee small soft luggage to the rack

1BCF1770-7517-4CE4-9D11-FE1639BCB738.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Joe said:

674446651 (002).jpg

My wife did manage to fill a suitcase as big as your steamer trunk case, and get it aboard the P&O Britannia on a recent cruise, but that was a 150,000 ton cruise ship, so about the size of a Harley bagger, but probably with a better turning circle 

76A1E6EB-35BF-4C9E-B664-A0F11788A955.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Shakedown begins for the Eighteenth South'n Spine Raid, less than four months out now.  :race::luigi:  :drink:

Fresh front tire (#26 + 35 rear + the two that came on it =  tire #63 for this Sport), new front wheel bearings (only the second replacements), cleaned the calipers/ pistons, silicone greased pins, fresh brake fluid (in 20 months went from <1% water to >3 %).

IMG_7499.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

those caliper look like new Docc

Thanks, my man! I've always tried to keep them "wiped down" and especially when I do the brake fluid bleed. This time I went with a new method and used hot water, brush, and the SuperClean degreaser that I learned about from @Chuck. Thorough rinse with hot water and the brush, then compressed air. Finished up with a rag and BrakeClean while I cleaned and rotated all the pistons.

Thanks, again, for noticing and commenting! I thought they came out great! :sun:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, docc said:

I should have done a "before" picture . . .

This is about as "before" as it gets. Day One: August 3 , 2000 . . .

IMG_7502.jpg

• Like 10

What a beautiful bike! No wonder you've kept it all these years.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, docc said:

This is about as "before" as it gets. Day One: August 3 , 2000 . . .

IMG_7502.jpg

You knew then you had some sort of catharsis going on !

3 hours ago, gstallons said:

You knew then you had some sort of catharsis going on !

That young lad really had no idea what he had gotten his hands on!  :mg::race::drink:

Gotta say, riding mySport today about 100 miles/ 160 km, the improved braking feel and power after cleaning and rotating the front brake pistons (plus fresh fluid) is really pleasantly noticeable. :race:  :thumbsup:

So worth doing with every tire change!

DSCN4898.jpg

• Like 3