What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

10 hours ago, p6x said:

When I look at the threads, thread pitch mismatch comes to mind.

The worn threads were short of the nut plate, and the pivot bushing was riding on them. I'm not surprised it killed the bushing, but a bit surprised it killed the bolt threads. But it was the second lever to wear on it, ~35k miles.

• Like 2

Collected the silver V11 from Twiggers in Loughborough today, new Diablo Rosso II rear tyre & throttle bodies balanced. It’s a national holiday here today in the UK, so spent part of the afternoon giving the Rosso Corsa & Silver Sport a good clean, 

7888062C-F21E-4320-8A2E-D83972E96438.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Guzzimax said:

65730EF5-567D-4701-BF05-225BA10A1F7B.jpeg

Did you change the t/signals to the early Ducati Monster oval ones on your silver?? I put them on my silver 2000 a couple months back & love the new look. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SFTripod said:

Did you change the t/signals to the early Ducati Monster oval ones on your silver?? I put them on my silver 2000 a couple months back & love the new look. 

Those look like original 1999-2001 Sport signals to me . . .

How about an image of your Sport, @SFTripod? :pic:

I know these Italian-made signals were also used on the Buell. Were they also used on the early (1990s) Monster?

13 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

The worn threads were short of the nut plate, and the pivot bushing was riding on them. I'm not surprised it killed the bushing, but a bit surprised it killed the bolt threads. But it was the second lever to wear on it, ~35k miles.

I have seen so many screws and bolts damaged like the one in the picture. A lot of the equipment we used had mixed imperial / metric fasteners. With bad housekeeping, it is very easy to try to screw the wrong screw into the wrong hole. The worse being hose connections. NPT, BSP....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Guzzimax said:

65730EF5-567D-4701-BF05-225BA10A1F7B.jpeg

I love that red fish. I could make my Le Mans similar. Painting the valve covers in red and the plates from grey to red too.

11 minutes ago, p6x said:

I love that red fish. I could make my Le Mans similar. Painting the valve covers in red and the plates from grey to red too.

FWIW, sir ( @p6x), I find your Le Mans quite fine the way it sits . . .

The way the valve cover, side cover, and tail fairing look like charcoal to the fire of the front fender, fairing, tank, and trailing flame of the seat panel ~ > ~ > ~ ~ ~

Magnifica !

52093928077_7ca610a412_b.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, docc said:

I know these Italian-made signals were also used on the Buell. Were they also used on the early (1990s) Monster?

+1 - lets see a pic of the silver sport with the nifty turn signals!  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, docc said:

2003-2005 Aprilia Tuono's use them as well....:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I replaced the crankcase vent tube.
 It was disintegrating on each end and leaking bad enough to let me watch the hot oil run down the right side of the crankcase and onto the hot exhaust. Smoky.

I had done it on my silver bike and recalled that it was a bit of a struggle, but this time, oddly, I enjoyed the struggle.

494420EC-FD6E-4F92-8356-89717029CDEC.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I’m fortunate to have the best riding buddy ever, she rides the Honda CB 400 Super Four, which an awesome bike, & I’m on the Cafe Sport. We went camping down to the south west of Western Australia for a few days, it’s winter over here so it gets chilly in the evenings, we needed rain gear at times, but that didn’t put us off. The roads down here are lovely & bendy, the scenery is great & with a wood fire plus roasted marshmallows in the evenings., it was just the best. Another trip is currently being planned..

• Like 10

Went out Sunday after church for a ride w Kale and his silver V11Sport. We ran into a delightful road in Central KY HWY 53 to 433. It’s Bluegrass HWY to Willisburg, then Mackville to eventually Perryville. I got in a great rhythm of riding in 3rd gear around 5k and revving up to 8K rpm. Corner to corner with out much braking at all, just engine brake to set my speed. Needless to say we rode back the same way to enjoy the day. When we came to a stop I noticed oil leaking. I almost panicked but decided to limp home and reevaluate. Turns out the cover over the old ignition was loose letting oil drip out over the top of the transmission, 🆘 avoided. Pic of V11 Sport & my old T3.

Same block?

CD954F80-BBD5-422C-8948-7D528559216B.jpeg

DD91F784-6E7C-4A2C-99AA-B8FD049302EE.jpeg

• Like 1

Yep, IIRC, there is in an O-ring and a smear of gasket sealer to care for that vestigial structure . . . (the distributor blanking plate).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, docc said:

Yep, IIRC, there is in an O-ring and a smear of gasket sealer to care for that vestigial structure . . . (the distributor blanking plate).

Docc,  is the 1064 the same block as my 850?