What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

4 hours ago, po18guy said:

OK, so other than OEM, what have you done? What survives?

My go to material for muffler hangers over the years is 4mm 6060 aluminium flat bar. Strong enough, will take anodising, formable and weldable. Has always worked for me. For a really long bracket I might use 6mm thick.

Phil 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Readying for the South'n Spine Raid '22. Went 200 miles yesterday, 55-65mph mostly. All good, 41.5mpg temps in the 90's and sunny. Running up the bridge on the way home, got a couple misfires so today was WTF day. I pulled the spark plugs and realized that I don't remember having new ones since I bought it... they look the part of 25k-ish, and on the 70% dark chocolate side of brown. Huh...I spent a lot of time working out my map on my 10k when I bought it. However, I thought that since the thing runs so much better with Caruso's gears than the chain, I should have a revisit to the fuel map- I installed the map I originally downloaded from the Jeffries website when I first installed the MyECU. The map (Raz's, if anyone's asking) was too lean pretty much everywhere at first and I added 5-15% to it where it needed it. So today, with a new set of plugs in, I snapped in the original unaltered Raz map and well what do you know... it's very smooth and feels perfect so far, with only a teeny leanness while 'coasting' in first gear at 5k rpm. I'll have to leave the heavy throttle testing for the 'Raid. But so far, so good.

My partner is joining on her '21 Enfield Himalayan. That was the most of WTF day; since new was hard starting and cold blooded with a tendency to stall at stops. An improved ign switch connector helped, but yesterday after 195 miles it quit without ceremony in the middle of 3rd gear, with zero fuel pump even this morning cold. The slow bulldozer of science determined that there was some sort of unidentified (and undiscovered) debris in the fuel pump- drawing 6.5amps not starting, 2.5a when running, and after disassembly, flushing and reversing now starts every time and draws only 1.5a while running. 

Now to figure out how 3 are going on the trailer tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Ha - good reminder on the plugs. Sometimes simple stuff is the answer. 

Hope y'all have a great weekend. Mine has rain in the forecast, which we desperately need.

Fitted a new regulator, an Electrosport 515 unit which was supplied by KGB motorcycle distribution.  Much like their russian namesakes they were surprisingly efficient and I had it in hand within 48hours of ordering it. 

Wired it up fine despite my lack of knowledge… and it seems to be functioning… although i do wonder what that white wire is for 😐 … any clues anyone?

17 minutes ago, stewgnu said:

Fitted a new regulator, an Electrosport 515 unit which was supplied by KGB motorcycle distribution.  Much like their russian namesakes they were surprisingly efficient and I had it in hand within 48hours of ordering it. 

Wired it up fine despite my lack of knowledge… and it seems to be functioning… although i do wonder what that white wire is for 😐 … any clues anyone?

If I am not mistaken, this goes to the "Battery" / charging indicator light in the gauge cluster (for those early V11 that do not have both right and left turn indicators.

26 minutes ago, docc said:

If I am not mistaken, this goes to the "Battery" / charging indicator light in the gauge cluster (for those early V11 that do not have both right and left turn indicators.

Ah ha!  Of course! 😬

Thanks man, I have a koso combined clock that only has one warning lamp.  I had decided to wire it up to the oil warning rather than the battery warning.  So naturally i was not warned when my reg failed haha.

I think i’ll pop a lamp somewhere to wire it up to.  For me, every day is an eleckrickity-learning day.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The electrical messing about continues 😀.  

I really was getting fed up struggling with the 4 wires to each battery terminal.  So I fitted 2 busbars (is that the correct term?  Terminal blocks?  Battery blocks?) to allow a single wire to each of the battery terminals.

Handmade from bits of this and that and cobbled together.  They fit on either side of the frame, inside the rear fairing ‘wings’.

Battery disconnects/re-connects really quickly and easily now- bit like my monza ha!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, stewgnu said:

Here’s the doings, could groom the wires a wee bit more maybe, but it was a fun little project.

My buzz-blocks are mounted inboard of the frame rails. The early rear fairing wings are enclosed and I don't know that there is space to mount outboard.

Are the later rear faring wings "hollow" with enough space to re-tighten connections as necessary?IMG_3349.jpg