What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

I've been playing with lining up my rear cowl too. I added some thick washers under the front bolts by the gas tank. Not sure if it helped much if any but my bikes a 10 footer anyway.

• Like 1

In the process of getting my porckchops powder coated, Jugs, rear sets, pax pegs, also the triple tree, headlight bucket, and light trim. Installing some smaller gauges from Dime City black. KPH of course, on the fence about also installing a voltmeter. A friend is going to do some fabricating for the new look of the gauge cluster area. I have a cool idea for redoing the reservoirs on both sides. that will be a surprise, but will post pics as soon as  I can. I am also on the fence since my electrical controls are so faded, I am debating going with these motogadget handlebar buttons. If anyone has any experience with them I would be happy to know. http://www.dimecitycycles.com/motogadget-black-housing-m-switch-control-switch-with-3-black-push-buttons-for-1-handlebars.html

After watching a video on youtube I am certain I can make my own LED turn signals front and rear and position them a little better. I did spend a few dollars getting the smoked covers for my guzzi last year so those will be going up for sale soon enough. My tidy tail is also going to get a make over and be even tidier after looking at some other options. Not sure what to do with the car brake light. working on something there. I even though if installing the brake light between the rear seat fairing and the seat assembly itself......working progress. It is the first of 2-3 major moves I plan to give the V11 a refresh.

I will eventually be looking for new clip ons, completely repaint the engine this winter. and likely move to Stacks for intake and clean up that whole inside. Lots of good motivation here to push me to do these do these myself and good direction on how to do them as many things have already been done. 

Pics soon! 

• Like 1

czakky- with all the updates your doing on your bike, has the cork been replaced?

No JRD it hasn't. I thought that was an upgrade?.... If I have to replace it I guess I will.

Anything with a cork will do. I believe it's from a bottle of Chianti (the only thing Italian my wife drinks).

Any recommendations?

I vote you leave it!  Definitely gives your bike Italian character not to mention the originality!

• Like 1

Took it for a ride. What a cracking bike. Had a few missed shifts due to my confused foot--a complication of Multiple Bike Syndrome. Pulling into my driveway I noticed an odd knocking sound. Fearing the worst (whatever that might be), I inspected the bike.

What I found is a milestone for me in my Guzzi ownership--my first part that vibrated itself free!

kA7FFZD.jpg

• Like 3

I finally got my first ride in of the year! Just 100 miles, but man was I happy to be back on the old girl!

This winter I've done a lot but it all came to a crescendo yesterday. The list includes:

new upper sump ring and side stand bracket (no more chunk of wood to stop my bike from leaning 45degrees).

Reworked forks courtesy of Todd @ Guzzitech.

New Hyoerpro shock courtesy of Klaus @ EMP performance.

New home brew Integrated rear light/license plate bracket. Not quite done but close enough.

Front turn signals and mirrors to replace the cheap integrated ones I had before.

I found a seemingly inevitable crack in my FBF x-over. So that's off to the welder and the stocker is back on.

Yeah so I got a lot done yesterday. But I've still got a little more to do. But she's rideable, life is good....

• Like 3

Great news. Get some pics when you fee like you're "done" enough. Did the FBF crack at the weld? I've got an unused one that I intend to try on my LeMans - but having read many cases of these cracking, was thinking about having it reinforced somehow first. Is your welder going to try to strengthen it as well as repair it? If so, would love to see a picture of that.

Yeah it cracked at the weld... Also across the center horizontally... Top and bottom. The horizontal crack might be from a little too much elbow grease though. I think the best thing is to make some sort of a support. Which I plan on coming up with something. Pics coming soon.