Jump to content

What did you do to your V11 today?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Celebrated twenty years with the Sport today.   

Today I finished the new motor transplant and took it for a nice long spin! Fresh oil lines and a sweet new roper plate     

Changed out the stock mufflers for these nice Mistrals. These have a bit more rumble and pop than the stock mufflers. I really like the sound of the stock pipes, a rich deep tenor and smoother than th

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, docc said:

A scant three days later and she "stabbed me for no reason at all" . . .

Reason? Docc.... after 20 years have you not learned that Italian women are as cunning as they are beautiful? They need no reason... it’s part of that whole Mediterranean blood thing.. it’s part of their DNA. As a almost full blooded Italian, I can attest from personal experience the Jekyll and Hyde duality...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I rode to Astech and they didn’t have time to do the custom leather work I planned. So I’ll be shipping my seat to them later. The modifications did seem to help. I had them scoop out the seat so you aren’t cantilevered at such a forward angle. They also added their proprietary 11 herbs and spices of foam and gel.

It feels better.. I ran a whole tank before stopping. The price was a reasonable $220. I’d only recommend having this done by being there with the bike. They took the time to let me sit on it and give them feedback during the process. They contoured the front and took out the sharp edges. Trimmed the passenger pillion so the cowl fits better.

Nice people... It took about 3hrs from start to finish. There was a couple other guys there also and I must say, if I got a dime for each time someone said  “A Moto Guzzi! I used to own one years ago“ mhmmm.....

I’d solve this national coin shortage real quick.....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What I did with the v11 is selling it . I bought a Norge instead. I wanted to travel in comfort with my wive. I miss the v11. It was running well. But when I sit on the Norge, everything is so easy. Great driving, handling well in the corners. Have some things to do on the Norge but that is how I like it. 
c649ef6ad533121cdf0920fea2bf277e.jpg


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a Norge and a V11 (Scura), well and a Griso in the garage, each does its thing well.  But agree, the Norge is a mileage muncher and much more comfortable for the passenger!

I see you bought the proper Silver color as well...Enjoy!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

Having a Norge and a V11 (Scura), well and a Griso in the garage, each does its thing well.  But agree, the Norge is a mileage muncher and much more comfortable for the passenger!

I see you bought the proper Silver color as well...Enjoy!!!

Sounds like a proper nice garage!

When the Norge first came out I had reserved one to rent from Agostini’s, and was pretty excited.  Plane broke down in Detroit on the way over to Italy, and I spent my “work vacation” in Wichita getting the plane fixed.  A painful memory. 
 

Rode Red to work today, during this brief interlude from the hot summer temps (I know.... hot is all relative).  Was about 50F in the morning, and the cool clear air along with a fresh throttle body sync helping to lift both our spirits, she purred like a kitten. Love it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Changed out the stock mufflers for these nice Mistrals. These have a bit more rumble and pop than the stock mufflers. I really like the sound of the stock pipes, a rich deep tenor and smoother than these. These are more open sounding, and they suit the V11’s rough and rowdy ways very well. The bike seems to like it, she’s running with a good spirit, like riding a Mustang horse if-ya-know-whadda-mean!

Also: the stock mufflers weigh 9.89 lb each, total pair is 19.78 lb.

These Mistral conical carbon fiber mufflers weigh 4.65 lb each, total pair is 9.3 lbs. 

9BFFC1D7-C680-4A5A-B9F8-1680E5346DBF.jpeg

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Replaced the mix of Chinese relays that were in the bike with new U.S. made OMRONs. The OMRON relays are no longer made, but there are still about 2500 available from onlinecomponents.com (https://www.onlinecomponents.com/omron-electronics/g8he1c7trdc12-42670683.html   Thanks docc!)

One thing that I discovered is a suspect socket in position #4 (counting from front to back). If I wiggle the #4 relay the fuel pump goes on and off. I suspect that this has been like this for a while, and I’ve never had a problem, but I think I’ll pull and check out the relay base.

 

FBF20006-E643-41E3-B53E-E10D46A880B0.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kane said:

Replaced the mix of Chinese relays that were in the bike with new U.S. made OMRONs. The OMRON relays are no longer made, but there are still about 2500 available from onlinecomponents.com (https://www.onlinecomponents.com/omron-electronics/g8he1c7trdc12-42670683.html   Thanks docc!)

One thing that I discovered is a suspect socket in position #4 (counting from front to back). If I wiggle the #4 relay the fuel pump goes on and off. I suspect that this has been like this for a while, and I’ve never had a problem, but I think I’ll pull and check out the relay base.

 

FBF20006-E643-41E3-B53E-E10D46A880B0.jpeg

I'd confirm that your diagnosis about #4 socket is correct given my Greenie experience.    Wiggle it, spray some contact cleaner, play musical chairs with the relays.  If you're religious, prayer might work.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kane said:

Replaced the mix of Chinese relays that were in the bike with new U.S. made OMRONs. The OMRON relays are no longer made, but there are still about 2500 available from onlinecomponents.com (https://www.onlinecomponents.com/omron-electronics/g8he1c7trdc12-42670683.html   Thanks docc!)

One thing that I discovered is a suspect socket in position #4 (counting from front to back). If I wiggle the #4 relay the fuel pump goes on and off. I suspect that this has been like this for a while, and I’ve never had a problem, but I think I’ll pull and check out the relay base.

 

FBF20006-E643-41E3-B53E-E10D46A880B0.jpeg

You may have a problem with the wiring connectors in each socket . You should remove each connector and tighten each one .

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally drank the relay Kool-Aid.

omron-G8HE-1C7T-R-CD12-small.jpg

I've decided to hold onto all 10, though, as I like the idea of having spares on-hand, and eventually doing pre-emptive replacements at some point down the road.

__Jason

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

New battery, new fuel pump, new relays, first ride, second ride, third ride.

Funnily enough, relevant to posts above, took advice off here to buy omrons, and tried to start it with new fuel pump before I put them in. Could hear bosch relay clicking away, but pump not working put new ones in and all peachy. Took a while to clear injectors out, but a tank full of clean gas and some gentle throttle and it soon cleared up to steady tickover and smooth running thru the rev range, after about ten minutes all the stutters gone. Was going to put it away as paperwork etc, but it was such a nice night I had to take another spin to make sure clean fuel thru, then thought I should take it out again just to make sure.

First impression, surprisingly flat at low revs, but stonking over 5k. Rolling chassis is gorgeous, quite shocked I am, at least the gear change is kind of notchy going into first to remind me what I am riding.

Reckon the Cali is going to be getting jealous.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well not today ( Saturday ) but yesterday.

I was going to post yesterday but got sidetracked!

Anyways been locked up at home during the lockdown for weeks then work decided I should work from home.So the 5 week holiday ( ?) came to an end.Quick trip into the office to get the laptop/phone etc not Friday but the previous one.Well I forgot a particular file that I need so email to the CFO to get a Travel permit, Yep!To go back to the office and get it.

So yesterday I did a couple of hours work at home and got togged up for the ride into the office.Nice enough morning,bloody unreal to be on the bike again after 3 weeks I can tell ya.Got to the office and got the file.Head for home.

The weather has gotten even better so decide to take the GOOD way home and enjoy some twistys.All is good until I come off the highway just before the roadblock.The cops pull me over as think I'm trying to escape the Metropolitan stage 4 lockdown.Fair enough too.Both the cops were super friendly and we had a good chat.Afterwards they waved me off before giving me the lowdown on roadworks on the road about to travel.This was on one side of the wee town of Lang Lang.I got stuck behind a 4wd and truck so overtook them.Unbeknownst to me the highway patrol saw the whole thing( on the other side of Lang Lang ) and in hindsight probably thought eye eye heres someone trying to escape the ring of steel ( Vic govt term for the border around Melb metro and regional Victoria ) and gave chase!Saw the blue flashing lights and thought SHIT  here we go, how much is this gonna cost and how many points?Anyways they did the checks, same again never had to show my papers ( sounds like something out of  a second world war escape attempt doesn't it!) as they asked a few questions and they could tell by number plate recognition that I was legit.A quick breath test and they too waved me on my way.Same again bloody good cops!

Well a little jittery after my close encounter with the long arm of the law but no fines/loss of points, I set off home.

The suns out, the wind has dropped right off, the roadworks the original cops told me about were on the other side but I did look out for the crap on the road advised about and had a GREAT RIDE HOME!

The ole bugger run and handled fantastic and the 32 kilometres was just the mental therapy needed.

Well got home and  scoffed some lunch and did another couple of hours at work then turned the laptop off and joined my wife on the balcony for a glass of shiraz!

A bloody eventful but great day!

Cheers Guzzler. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guzzler said:

Well not today ( Saturday ) but yesterday.

I was going to post yesterday but got sidetracked!

Anyways been locked up at home during the lockdown for weeks then work decided I should work from home.So the 5 week holiday ( ?) came to an end.Quick trip into the office to get the laptop/phone etc not Friday but the previous one.Well I forgot a particular file that I need so email to the CFO to get a Travel permit, Yep!To go back to the office and get it.

So yesterday I did a couple of hours work at home and got togged up for the ride into the office.Nice enough morning,bloody unreal to be on the bike again after 3 weeks I can tell ya.Got to the office and got the file.Head for home.

The weather has gotten even better so decide to take the GOOD way home and enjoy some twistys.All is good until I come off the highway just before the roadblock.The cops pull me over as think I'm trying to escape the Metropolitan stage 4 lockdown.Fair enough too.Both the cops were super friendly and we had a good chat.Afterwards they waved me off before giving me the lowdown on roadworks on the road about to travel.This was on one side of the wee town of Lang Lang.I got stuck behind a 4wd and truck so overtook them.Unbeknownst to me the highway patrol saw the whole thing( on the other side of Lang Lang ) and in hindsight probably thought eye eye heres someone trying to escape the ring of steel ( Vic govt term for the border around Melb metro and regional Victoria ) and gave chase!Saw the blue flashing lights and thought SHIT  here we go, how much is this gonna cost and how many points?Anyways they did the checks, same again never had to show my papers ( sounds like something out of  a second world war escape attempt doesn't it!) as they asked a few questions and they could tell by number plate recognition that I was legit.A quick breath test and they too waved me on my way.Same again bloody good cops!

Well a little jittery after my close encounter with the long arm of the law but no fines/loss of points, I set off home.

The suns out, the wind has dropped right off, the roadworks the original cops told me about were on the other side but I did look out for the crap on the road advised about and had a GREAT RIDE HOME!

The ole bugger run and handled fantastic and the 32 kilometres was just the mental therapy needed.

Well got home and  scoffed some lunch and did another couple of hours at work then turned the laptop off and joined my wife on the balcony for a glass of shiraz!

A bloody eventful but great day!

Cheers Guzzler. 

 

I know that Lang Lang checkpoint, just on the southern side of the round about. Was in Lang Lang last week for my Mother in laws funeral. My son in law has just got the call up for training in the Vic Police. He's 30 and a really nice bloke, hope he stays that way.

Ciao 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...