Jump to content
IGNORED

What did you do to your V11 today?


Recommended Posts

Yes. It is commonly accepted knowledge that the stock air box is preferred. Guzzi put a lot of work into making the flow optimal, a long time ago. It's not just a box, it's an integral piece of the intake system. It is surely the 'tuner friendly' way to go.

That said, Dr. John Wittner, who was instrumental in development of the spine frame, succeeded in putting Guzzi back in the racing limelight for a short time in the 80's, certainly used V stacks on at least some of his bikes. It can be done right, I just don't care enough to do it. I'd be interested in reading anyone's outcomes using pods if they care to post them.

Moto Guzzi's Dr. John | Moto guzzi, Moto e Veicoli

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Celebrated twenty years with the Sport today.   

Roper sloppage plate, LP extender, and Scud's spring.  All finally in.   And new rubber too! 

Fitted the new carbon rear hugger and at the wifes suggestion went for a ride on a nice sunny day. Ciao

Posted Images

On 3/13/2021 at 2:36 PM, cwr said:

Got it tagged this week and went for a spin today.  I think I have a fuel delivery issue as it is sputtering/burping/hiccuping under slight throttle under load...about 3k rpm +/-.  It doesn't seem to do it under heavy- full throttle, while idling, or when I rev it neutral.

Off to view the "Technical Topics" and FAQ sections to seek wisdom and guidance. :-)

 

Well it ended up being the TPS.  The new one came in, installed it, and went for a spin.  It was wonderful!

 

The sputtering/burping/hiccuping has been eliminated and the bike did great on a 20 mile loop under varied loads and speeds.

 

Time to enjoy the bike!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today (and yesterday):

  • Proper cleaning
  • Installed a pair of Angel GTs (with my new hitch-mount NoMar tire changer)
  • Flushed clutch fluid and both brakes (I thanked myself for installing speed bleeders a while ago)
  • Cleaned the brake calipers and pistons
  • Changed transmission oil and rear drive
  • Dropped the pan during oil change since it had been sitting idle so long.

For entertainment, here is an easy way to bleed the rear caliper (while you have the wheel off).

IMG_1413D.jpeg

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 1:41 PM, footgoose said:

Yes. It is commonly accepted knowledge that the stock air box is preferred. Guzzi put a lot of work into making the flow optimal, a long time ago. It's not just a box, it's an integral piece of the intake system. It is surely the 'tuner friendly' way to go.

That said, Dr. John Wittner, who was instrumental in development of the spine frame, succeeded in putting Guzzi back in the racing limelight for a short time in the 80's, certainly used V stacks on at least some of his bikes. It can be done right, I just don't care enough to do it. I'd be interested in reading anyone's outcomes using pods if they care to post them.

Moto Guzzi's Dr. John | Moto guzzi, Moto e Veicoli

 

+1 on the airbox comment. Max flow with zero turbulance. A lot of homework. 

I wanted to scrap mine but thought of the nightmares of air turbulance on jetting on  my old CB750. Made it run like sh!t at high speed. Decided to go open airbox. Best of both worlds. More air, smooth flow.  

 

@Scud I'll be bleeding mine soon. Just did my CB which reminded me how much of a mind numbing bother a tiny air bubble can be. But got it. Brakes are not so bad. But something about doing the clutch...😂 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2021 at 8:00 PM, Rox Lemans said:

+1 on the airbox comment. Max flow with zero turbulance. A lot of homework. 

I wanted to scrap mine but thought of the nightmares of air turbulance on jetting on  my old CB750. Made it run like sh!t at high speed. Decided to go open airbox. Best of both worlds. More air, smooth flow.  

 

@Scud I'll be bleeding mine soon. Just did my CB which reminded me how much of a mind numbing bother a tiny air bubble can be. But got it. Brakes are not so bad. But something about doing the clutch...😂 

The 8mm bleeder from motion pro worked like a champ for me on the clutch:

https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0482

The 10mm ones were a disaster for the brakes...and I did the clutch first so can't point at a learning curve issue. Wound up using an earlier version of this which got the job done.

https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0143

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Took the Rosso Corsa out this morning  a nice 150 mi round trip ride from San Francisco North up the coast on Hwy 1 to Bodega Bay and back, she needed to get out and run a tank of gas through her and stretch her legs.. ....she ran beautiful, the weather was sunny and in the low 70's...almost no traffic all the way up!!   I'm breaking in some new gloves though...my thumbs are numb...!!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some gorgeous country!  Had to race past central cal on last trip north a week or so ago, and it truly hurt to be on I-5 instead of over on hwy 1.  

2 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

Took the Rosso Corsa out this morning  a nice 150 mi round trip ride from San Francisco North up the coast on Hwy 1 to Bodega Bay and back, she needed to get out and run a tank of gas through her and stretch her legs.. ....she ran beautiful, the weather was sunny and in the low 70's...almost no traffic all the way up!!   I'm breaking in some new gloves though...my thumbs are numb...!!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

72575141-D126-488-D-8075-3692-DFE04-B56.
 

Finally getting my donor Centauro  delivered sometime this week. Should be fun to check out and take for a spin.

The parts pile has been growing exponentially!  Sorry I haven’t been on here a lot. Been working hard and I have a couple of other non Moto projects also.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it’s a ‘98... I should be getting the title in the mail in the next few days. I honestly can’t remember...it wasn’t a big deal to me, as far as I know there wasn’t much if any changes to the hard parts. 
 

Just variations of the same theme.. I’m using this engine for my V11. Not sure what we will do with the 2v engine and this bike once we are done.

I’ll know for sure as I need to find out what kind of electronics are in it. I’ve been tossing around the idea of pulling the injection and going carbs.

Never expected this to be a mega horsepower project. I’m past that for the street. I’ve had my share of those and they are not as fun on the road. 
 

It’s more of the historical quality and race heritage of the original 4v... Picked this up as a consignment from a ex Moto Guzzi turned Vespa dealer in Daytona Beach Florida. Allegedly a one owner from what I remember as I made this deal last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just variations of the same theme.. I’m using this engine for my V11.


Interesting. Is the engine block identical to the V11? Different bore, but else?

Sorry for my laziness. I can search for it:)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...