What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

On 9/27/2021 at 8:36 PM, VtwinStorm said:

So pretty. I prefer seeing the spark plug wires, but those look so good.

I think the real star of the show is those headers. Yowza!

Nice machine, Grim!

Thanks, I think the headers are just standard Guzzi items?!

One thing I have noticed is there is a new kind of harmonic resonance using these valve covers, in the higher rev range there's a new kind of nice engine thrum noise (hard to explain).

Maybe just more volume to resonate?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grim said:

Thanks, I think the headers are just standard Guzzi items?!

One thing I have noticed is there is a new kind of harmonic resonance using these valve covers, in the higher rev range there's a new kind of nice engine thrum noise (hard to explain).

Maybe just more volume to resonate?

They look polished.

Yes, there may be more volume under the valve covers, allowing a different sound/resonance.

Slight sound changes because this or that is it's own thread. There is a science to it well beyond me.

I really love the Mistrals on my V11. They sound the business. Would make Pavarotti blush with inadequacy.

• Like 1

...installed a voltmeter while I had the tank off. It's grounded to the fairing frame, takes keyed power from an unknown unused plug in the fairing, and zip-tied to the ignition switch housing.

Vmeter

• Like 2

Yesterday I got my NOS single seat cowl rubber pad from a nice person in Italy.

Today, I got my black OEM V11 seat cowl from AF1 Racing in Austin, TX. It is heartening to see the build date sticker on the cowl: Feb '21. So they find it in good business to keep making plastic for a 20 year old Guzzi... probably in batches when the order is large enough to justify running the machines.

Thank you, Guzzi and Acerbis!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:

Yesterday I got my NOS single seat cowl rubber pad from a nice person in Italy.

Today, I got my black OEM V11 seat cowl from AF1 Racing in Austin, TX. It is heartening to see the build date sticker on the cowl: Feb '21. So they find it in good business to keep making plastic for a 20 year old Guzzi... probably in batches when the order is large enough to justify running the machines.

Thank you, Guzzi and Acerbis!

Sticker shimicker, this is the only way to tell the manufacturer date. Left column top to bottom 98,99,00,01,02.

Columns to the right divided into separate divided blocks representing the months of the year. There's 2 dots one will be the month of 1999 and the other I'm not sure about, one may be the cast date and the painted date. Someone here smarter than me may be able to advise. So this one was definitely made in 1999 in either May or November, probably May.

Lets see a casting image image of you 2021 labelled seat.

Ciao

DSC01462.JPG

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Sticker shimicker, this is the only way to tell the manufacturer date. Left column top to bottom 98,99,00,01,02.

Columns to the right divided into separate divided blocks representing the months of the year. There's 2 dots one will be the month of 1999 and the other I'm not sure about, one may be the cast date and the painted date. Someone here smarter than me may be able to advise. So this one was definitely made in 1999 in either May or November, probably May.

Lets see a casting image image of you 2021 labelled seat.

Ciao

DSC01462.JPG

Will take a pic resize and upload after my shift this morning.

I'm just overjoyed to get a new, OEM seat cowl in the correct black... and it was only around $170.00 or so...

9 minutes ago, VtwinStorm said:

Will take a pic resize and upload after my shift this morning.

I'm just overjoyed to get a new, OEM seat cowl in the correct black... and it was only around $170.00 or so...

Cool. I'll be amazed if it's a 2021 manufacture.

Ciao

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Whats the casting date say, I cant read it it too low res?

Ciao

"MOTO-GUZZI

01.46.64.03" is all it says.

Sticker says "12 Feb 2021" on packaging.

It is a BITCH to resize images for the forum, so that is why it isn't so easily read. My apologies.