What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Public holiday here in Melbourne ( although I'm in regional Victoria, the company is based in Melb ).

So before the heat kicks in and every man and his dog starts heading back for work tomorrow.

I fired the bike up and went to see Dad and my brother for the first time since late June...!

Bloody Covid.

Neat 200 k ish round trip, great ride and virtually had the good road to myself on way in and only hit light traffic 10 or so kays from home... WooHoo!

Anyway the temp is creeping up now and looks all set for the first dip in the pool since last summer...

So Dip and Sip, Dip and Sip ... repeat till  wobbly boot sets in and time to retire to the balcony...

Not a bad caper this!

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, guzzler said:

Public holiday here in Melbourne ( although I'm in regional Victoria, the company is based in Melb ).

So before the heat kicks in and every man and his dog starts heading back for work tomorrow.

I fired the bike up and went to see Dad and my brother for the first time since late June...!

Bloody Covid.

Neat 200 k ish round trip, great ride and virtually had the good road to myself on way in and only hit light traffic 10 or so kays from home... WooHoo!

Anyway the temp is creeping up now and looks all set for the first dip in the pool since last summer...

So Dip and Sip, Dip and Sip ... repeat till  wobbly boot sets in and time to retire to the balcony...

Not a bad caper this!

Cheers Guzzler

Just received new fuel pump from MG cycle for Goldie, and hope to install this weekend, though it will pretty much still just sit even when fixed till next summer with the weather change here, and the fact that Red is my go-to rider…

Guzzler, we’re (our company) just about to finish a deal to buy a plane from a company in Melbourne.  Was hoping to weasel into getting over there to bring it over to the US, but the covid rules, although loosening now, are still tricky, so we’ll probably just get a crew from over there to bring it to us.  Would love to rent a bike over there and poke around for a day or three, during your spring.  Fun to think about riding down there as i look outside at the gray/rain each morning now…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Just received new fuel pump from MG cycle for Goldie, and hope to install this weekend, though it will pretty much still just sit even when fixed till next summer with the weather change here, and the fact that Red is my go-to rider…

Guzzler, we’re (our company) just about to finish a deal to buy a plane from a company in Melbourne.  Was hoping to weasel into getting over there to bring it over to the US, but the covid rules, although loosening now, are still tricky, so we’ll probably just get a crew from over there to bring it to us.  Would love to rent a bike over there and poke around for a day or three, during your spring.  Fun to think about riding down there as i look outside at the gray/rain each morning now…

G'day mate

Yep we've had some of the worst Covid restrictions here in Victoria, but they are loosening now as you mention.

I can imagine it would be a logistical nightmare to get in here at the moment still though !

The weather's been pretty crazy of late but definitely getting better slowly and we have some great riding just out of Melbourne eh!!

Would've been a hoot to catch up and show you some of them...

Cheers Guzzler

Ps I hear you about the rain, we've had plenty of it too ha ha  

• Like 1

The look from the rear annoyed me with the driveshaft side pipe sitting out  further than the left hand side once the TI exhausts were fitted. Whipped up a spacer last night. happy with the look now. Now if only the rain would stop.

pipes.jpg

Spacer.jpg

• Like 6

Autumn is well and truly here in the UK, today was cold but dry, and after spending the past 2 weeks away on an overseas business trip, I managed to get out for a ride up to Matlock Bath. The bike next to my V11 is a 1962 Enfield 500, one of the last UK made 500 singles before production was transferred to India

D6C744FD-F0C7-4288-ADEE-159F2698D716.jpeg

• Like 3

Well, here's what I STILL HAVEN'T done to my Scura:

1. Figure out the "thin" clutch engagement / feel at the lever. Related to below .... ? Some say poor adjustment due to hydraulic master, but can't suss that out.

2. Get off my ass and commit to inspecting / replacing the clutch / clutch plate or give it to someone who can get there. Looking at the plate is more of of a sense of comfort than a redline requirement, I suppose. 

3. Repair / replace the shift spring and pawl bits. 

4. Cam chain tensioner upgrade.

I'd hoped to have done this last winter, but just waffled. Everytime I come back to the forum and the related threads, I get the overhelming sense that a guy needs to be a master machinist with an M.E. to get to the finish line. I fear that I'll end up with boxes of parts and a roller in the bed of my truck headed somewhere to correct my errors. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 11/7/2021 at 4:18 PM, roktbox said:

I'd hoped to have done this last winter, but just waffled. Everytime I come back to the forum and the related threads, I get the overhelming sense that a guy needs to be a master machinist with an M.E. to get to the finish line. I fear that I'll end up with boxes of parts and a roller in the bed of my truck headed somewhere to correct my errors. 

Boy, do I know that feeling sometimes!

Well, I stopped by Seacoast Sport Cycle (love these guys!) last week to drop off my Roper Tray which they will install for me. All seems to be well with my V11 Sport. Should be done this month and dropped off with a totally dry fuel tank for my Winter storage.

Their report is all the fluids before draining were really clean, except the brake and clutch fluid. Those were a wee bit dark. Fork oil was changed, seals on them were good. Drive shaft was greased, as were the chassis/swingarm bearings. No signs of terrifying glitter in the bevel box, trans, or oil, so...a big whew at that! New Pirelli DIablo Rosso IIIs got installed. All fuel and vacuum lines were also changed (they were 20 years old). There was a breather hose/valve on the engine that needed replacing, so they replaced that. Valves were adjusted, new plugs, and throttle sync is the next job w/the Roper Tray and a quick road test before I get her delivered back. They did say the tank swelled a little bit but drying it while empty out over WInter will let it shrink back into place.

I am relieved I didn't buy a pile of junk. She has just under 13k miles, and the speedo and odo drive both still work.

All in all, they said I got a great machine that needed hardly anything. I should have her delivered to me by the end of the month.

Come Spring, I will top her off with some new 93 octane, put in the charged battery and start really riding her. I am so excited to finally have a Guzzi V11.

April/May can't come soon enough!

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Mikko said:

@Grim

You do the “in tank” fuel pump also? That’s one of big reasons I went with the new style, along with the omission of the “Cheek Pad”

Yes, I got the whole lot, it certainly neatened up under the tank getting rid of the pump and filter!