Jump to content
IGNORED

What did you do to your V11 today?


Scud
 Share

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Grim said:

Yes, I got the whole lot, it certainly neatened up under the tank getting rid of the pump and filter!

Nice.  You taking her out on the staffies rideout tomo grim? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Grim said:

Ahhh, can't tomorrow, is that a club ride?

Dunno details man, it came up on the faceache page, folks heading to a cafe at Fradley.  I was toying with the idea of going myself but after riding today i have an oily left boot 😠.  So poss got a loose oil line or split breather hose to investigate.  Still need to clean out the ignition too so tomo will be a spannerin day i’m thinking.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just back from a 1000 miles trip with the LeMans over 11/12/13, the plan was to do all the remaining MGToT stops to get me to 50.

Unfortunately, it did not pan out as planned as I ran into my first V11 technical issues.

I only got back last night late, and I will post the usual report under the dedicated thread.

I have now 13,000 miles on the odometer, starting from the initial 8865. Of course, I did ride the bike before the odometer was fixed, and there is no telling how long that odometer had been disabled for.

Still, I did in 7 months much more than the bike had allegedly recorded from 2004 until 2020 when I purchased it. Hopefully, I will still be able to add much more...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just back from a short 80 mile ride around the Derbyshire hills this afternoon, stopped in Matlock for fish n chips, parked the V11 next to the old red telephone kiosk 

C65EE1D8-A543-4D2E-8C24-153BFC10639C.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

Just back from a short 80 mile ride around the Derbyshire hills this afternoon, stopped in Matlock for fish n chips, parked the V11 next to the old red telephone kiosk 

C65EE1D8-A543-4D2E-8C24-153BFC10639C.jpeg

They have removed all the telephone booths in Paris; admittedly they were never as landmarkish as those UK ones.

But when it rained, they were still useful!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Guzzimax said:

Just back from a short 80 mile ride around the Derbyshire hills this afternoon, stopped in Matlock for fish n chips, parked the V11 next to the old red telephone kiosk 

C65EE1D8-A543-4D2E-8C24-153BFC10639C.jpeg

It won't be long now before the only one left will belong to Dr. Who.  ;)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nihontochicken said:

It won't be long now before the only one left will belong to Dr. Who.  ;)

oh, that's right! you can purchase these and put them at home....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had one 17years ago, worth their weight in gold or something,, extremely heavy in cast iron :rasta:

Cheers Tom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Summer is here! Time to check out the TI cans and ECU. For some reason it runs better with more response in the low to mid rev range on the TI map than the Meinolf map. Suitably impressed with exhaust note now. The bike has had the "full tune up" process from this forum and runs very well.

cafe sport small.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, billgreenman1 said:

Today I stared at it for about 2 minutes and started thinking about getting more heat to the garage...

Love it.  My annual debate with myself is on the same topic.  Wood stove in the shop is great, but takes an hour to really warm things up.  Various propane and electric heat options all fall short for various reasons.  Need a mini split, but that means upgrading electrical service.

I did replace the fuel pump on Goldie a week or so ago, and now she starts and runs, but something is amiss…as if it’s running on one cylinder. Both exhausts are hot, and it runs semi smooth, but with an odd vibration and it doesn’t rev up like it used to.  Will have to explore more when there’s time.

Removed the fuel tank from greenie, to get it to bead blast guy as prep for new paint, due to the bubbling clear coat.

Red needs the left TB rebuild, and I have Phil’s write up on that, for when I get into it in a few weeks.  Once the wood stove is cranked up….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gmc28 said:

Love it.  My annual debate with myself is on the same topic.  Wood stove in the shop is great, but takes an hour to really warm things up.  Various propane and electric heat options all fall short for various reasons.  Need a mini split, but that means upgrading electrical service.

I did replace the fuel pump on Goldie a week or so ago, and now she starts and runs, but something is amiss…as if it’s running on one cylinder. Both exhausts are hot, and it runs semi smooth, but with an odd vibration and it doesn’t rev up like it used to.  Will have to explore more when there’s time.

Removed the fuel tank from greenie, to get it to bead blast guy as prep for new paint, due to the bubbling clear coat.

Red needs the left TB rebuild, and I have Phil’s write up on that, for when I get into it in a few weeks.  Once the wood stove is cranked up….

Really? A 3.5kw split system here is the biggest you can plug into a 10amp power point but will easily heat and cool a 6MX6M workshop garage, even much bigger in reality. They come pre gassed and all you need is some piping and a simple vacuum pump for $50 and do it yourself. Piece of cake.

Ciao 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve only got a small elec service in that shop.  I’m out in the country, and my father many years ago ran the line out there, and he was cheap about it (love the man, but that was how he did things)…. It tax’s things now to run the lights, compressor, a few other things, then god forbid i try and run a very small wire feed 110v welder.  Yes, I should just run a proper electrical service out there, but its more than plug-and-play to run the lines that distance.   That said, its what I’ll have to do at some point.  A good friend of mine in southern Oregon (restoring an old Moto Parilla, and an unusual antique aircraft) was in same situation, finally bit the bullet and ran a new service for a mini split, and he’s rubbing my face in it…

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...