What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

What I did to my V11 today? I replaced, and inspected, the original starter.

All the magnets were still intact! While the "planetary" gears spun freely, the motor shaft felt rather tight and grunchy. I tried cleaning it, new grease, but I don't think I can save it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Humph. Sounds like a warranty issue to me..

I think it has been hard on my (4th) Odyssey PC545. It only lasted seven years. I put the twelve year old, #3, back in from swampee®, the CubCadet, where it has been suffering these last seven years.

• Like 2

FWIW, mySport also suffered a sustained regulator failure and another stator wire failure (resolved in August 2020) that destroyed my Hi-current OMRON relays. That was probably hard on my PC545/#4, as well as the aging starter.

• Sad 1

Eh, no. My battery light flickered at idle starting back in 2017.

Three years later, I finally replaced the regulator (#4) and the replaced the stator (#3) before discovering the relay damage. 

Then this Battery/Starter fail set.

Seems some of these fail systems are at the same party . . . :wacko:

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 11:47 PM, Guzzimax said:

I love these front wheel chocks, easy to use, just roll the bike in, and save a lot of garage space 

BCBC0F55-A548-4D3B-9687-223E053A7F2C.jpeg

Yes these are perfect! But a word of warning as I notice you have placed it onto cartboard. The stability relies on the rubber grips gripping the floor. If someone were to bump into the handlebars, the chock may turn easily as the cartboard slides over the floor underneath it, causing the bike to lean and fall over.

How I know this? I was just in time to catch mine...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tinus89 said:

Yes these are perfect! But a word of warning as I notice you have placed it onto cartboard. The stability relies on the rubber grips gripping the floor. If someone were to bump into the handlebars, the chock may turn easily as the cartboard slides over the floor underneath it, causing the bike to lean and fall over.

How I know this? I was just in time to catch mine...

Thanks for the helpful reminder about the cardboard. That could turn into a very bad day. Some trials I did comparing the slippage of the rubber grips on the concrete floor, compared to carpet, showed less slippage on the carpet, (my garage floor has very smooth concrete surface), the chock grips would slide on the smooth concrete, but when placed on a large area of carpet, the grip was good without slippage

E3028252-5C06-4347-9AB5-27079D6F9747.jpeg

• Like 1