What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Got the freshly painted tank and fly screen back this afternoon.  I’m happy, both to have it done and with the results. 

As known, the paint is tricky to match, not being a basic color, so i was only cautiously optimistic about how it would turn out, and I’d say it met or slightly exceeded my expectations, and is a “win” overall.  When turning the newly painted tank, or the old side covers, at different angles in different light you get a real different look to the paint, part of what makes it neat, and hard to match.

As noted earlier, the side covers i bought used and have some UV aging, the pilion cover and fenders are stock on my bike but were exposed to more UV and other bad things than they should have been, and now the tank and fly screen are new paint.  They all match nicely, especially when considering all that.

I’ll post the paint code for anyone interested. But first some pics (apparently i still haven’t figured out the proper way to post pics… but here we go:)   Notice how even the pics look different, in the same place with same light but taken at different angles.

125FA0E2-CF3F-4A64-A88F-58FEB80C0316.jpeg

19E744E4-4B08-4332-8528-5204D9CBEA8E.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

And the paint code formula.  My boys used Spies Hecker, but it can be easily translated to Dupont or others.

2C1EC460-CC49-46CB-9906-6BC00A60C502.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

16 minutes ago, Gmc28 said:

Got the freshly painted tank and fly screen back this afternoon.  I’m happy, both to have it done and with the results. 

As known, the paint is tricky to match, not being a basic color, so i was only cautiously optimistic about how it would turn out, and I’d say it met or slightly exceeded my expectations, and is a “win” overall.  When turning the newly painted tank, or the old side covers, at different angles in different light you get a real different look to the paint, part of what makes it neat, and hard to match.

As noted earlier, the side covers i bought used and have some UV aging, the pilion cover and fenders are stock on my bike but were exposed to more UV and other bad things than they should have been, and now the tank and fly screen are new paint.  They all match nicely, especially when considering all that.

I’ll post the paint code for anyone interested. But first some pics (apparently i still haven’t figured out the proper way to post pics… but here we go:)   Notice how even the pics look different, in the same place with same light but taken at different angles.

125FA0E2-CF3F-4A64-A88F-58FEB80C0316.jpeg

19E744E4-4B08-4332-8528-5204D9CBEA8E.jpeg

I've always liked this colour. Even looks great on a car.

Ciao 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Gmc28 said:

And the paint code formula.  My boys used Spies Hecker, but it can be easily translated to Dupont or others.

2C1EC460-CC49-46CB-9906-6BC00A60C502.jpeg

Cross posted this to "How to . . ."

Too great not to try and archive! Thanks, :notworthy:@Gmc28!

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 10:10 PM, guzzler said:

I love how she GLOWS in certain light eh!

Really is a special colour scheme....

Cheers Guzzler

Apart from V11’s and the 1973 V7 700, has this paint been available for any other Guzzi ?

FA12B788-4722-4698-9D24-62EC86661A48.jpeg

I’m not so sure the original V7 Legnano green was the same formulation as the V11. It doesn’t seem to have quite the luster and brilliance from photos I’ve seen….

Seems there is a modern (small block) V7 with this sort of green? Neither does it seem to *pop* like the V11. :huh2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docc said:

I’m not so sure the original V7 Legnano green was the same formulation as the V11. It doesn’t seem to have quite the luster and brilliance from photos I’ve seen….

Seems there is a modern (small block) V7 with this sort of green? Neither does it seem to *pop* like the V11. :huh2:

I’ve just searched for green V7 and there was a 2015 special edition Verde Legnano for the Nth American market only 

Yeah, you know, maybe that Verde Leganano is identical to the V11 . . .

th?id=OIP.PW_IF13oGb6m1gIqR-FrkgHaE7%26p

Even the 70's V7? They would have to be sitting side-by-side in the same light . . .

1-1576682464818@2x.jpg?1579721287000&f=1

• Like 1

Just installed a KiwiRoy auxiliary-high-current-fabadoo relay!  Works a dream, thanks Roy.

Starting troubles be gone damn you!

One particularly nice touch was that wee unused bracket sited next to the ecu proved to be a perfect place to attach the relay- it just, only just has enough clearance for the seat base.  Without this, I couldn’t see an alternative handy place- there’s not a deal of room under there.

One particularly irritating point is having 4000 wires hooked up to the battery.

• Haha 1

12V planet.uk has som sturdy connectors, sure to be found elsewhere to.
Cheers Tom. 3ab170cabdf6a1add1c36b8d954efed4.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

• Like 2