What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

• 3 weeks later...

Installed this MRA taller windscreen. Much easier to tuck into the clean air now and excellent visibility through the shield. And I think it might even look a better than the stock one. I like the tint along the edges next to the fairing.

IMG_5472.jpg

Installed this MRA taller windscreen. Much easier to tuck into the clean air now and excellent visibility through the shield. And I think it might even look a better than the stock one. I like the tint along the edges next to the fairing.

attachicon.gifIMG_5472.jpg

Very nice Windscreen. Do they make a taller one?

I tried a MRA on Rosie with mixed results. A little better protection it seemed, but caused buffeting and noise. Of course aerodynamics are different for every rider/helmet etc. The Mighty Scura is more comfortable (for me) with it's fly screen.  :huh2:

Last night I just went out for fish tacos - including a few miles on the slab to see how it performed at speed. I need to give it a proper, long-distance test, but my first impression aligns with Chuck's statement - that there was less wind at the shoulders while sitting upright and probably a bit more at the helmet. I like to get into a mild tuck on open roads at higher speeds - which means I can now get under the wind without laying all the way down on the tank. Under the wind bubble, there is a beautiful mechanical symphony.  :D

I think MRA offers only one style/size (but there are color options), the MRA is a few inches taller than stock. As for an even taller option, there's the Laminar Lip, but I have not tried one. It's a windshield extender. Chuck also knows about extending things...  ;)

Scud - do you have a link to the MRA website or the retailer you bought yours from?

I tried a MRA on Rosie with mixed results. A little better protection it seemed, but caused buffeting and noise. Of course aerodynamics are different for every rider/helmet etc. The Mighty Scura is more comfortable (for me) with it's fly screen.  :huh2:

I tend to agree. As I described on another 'taller windscreen' thread, my MRA (3") combined with my particular riding position/helmet, created a turbulence that moved my head around a bit too much.

I love my Stucchi.  :wub:

Makes me understand why Superman keeps that one fist out ahead of him in flight . . .  doesn't take much, it's just gotta be in the right place. B)

5380539-31jkdqo.jpg

• Like 1

Didn't know when or if the PO replaced the breather hose on the Greenie, so when I was doing some tank off maintenance I found this.  Replaced it with a new one so everything is good for while.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

The Sport was really only down a couple days while I whacked into its electrics (again). It threw me a couple curves trying to start it back up, but once rolling it acted like a huntin' dog cut loose after all summer in the pen. Just happy-happy-happy!

I can't tell if the bike really ran that much better or it was something in my brain . . . :grin:

Today I found out that a relay can *click* but still be faulty.

I had just performed a valve adjust, replaced the plugs (again), reset the base tps (again), and charged the battery. Was feeling saucy so i drilled out the xorst baffles too. Went to start her up and .... *clik*, nowt.

A few swappings of the relays brought her back to life and a timely find of a vid on youtube prompted me to check all my relays (plus all the spares i got off Harry Boyle).

If anyone is interested, you can do this by attaching the relay to a spare battery, then use a multimeter to check for resistance across the circuit. It's a great tip as i had thought, in my leccy-naivety, that a click meant all was well. It don't.

Oh and the mivvs, sans baffles, are appallingly loud. I spent all afternoon today pissing off the inhabitants of Sheffield by rorting about like a twat.

• Like 2

Oh yeah , the relay coil pulls the contacts together performing one step . The contacts have to be in perfect condition to allow the flow of current through them to the device they are powering or grounding. This is where most of relay failure takes place .

The relay is a mechanical switch . e.g. the relay does what a horn button would do . The relay allows a greater current than what the horn button would or would before it burned up .