What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Bummer! Is that insulation around the fuel pump?

I put foil tape over my intake temporarily for winter. Surrounded my bike with mouse traps and even threw some rat poison in there for good measure. Then I built a moat and surrounded my shed with feral cats.....

• Like 2

I think it's a cultural thing amongst mice. You know how we associate Pasta with the Italiens, potatoes with the Irish.

The mice in my shed prefer clean rags with chamois when they can get it, but thankfully no wiring. Cos over the past 5 winters they have had plenty of opportunity.

New tyres, new brake pads, all lines bled and calipers cleaned, bodywork waxed. Ahh.

Do the Germans have a massive word that represents "That lovely feeling when many small fettlings combine to result in hightened satisfaction"?

• Like 1

I fitted a pair of MASS Tromb Titan mufflers and they look great. They are a bit louder and have a bit darker/gruntier sound. No adjustments were needed. Without the DB killers they are much louder and adjustments are definitely required.

MASS_uitlaat_20170225_154324_klein.jpg

MASS_uitlaat_20170225_154349_klein.jpg

• Like 5

Got a good start on damage control :whistle: from the Mighty Scura falling off the jackstand.

Installed Scud's brake reservoir and lever. Thanks, Scud.. you rock..

33057555512_2cae2540e6_c.jpg2017-03-02_04-48-56 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

I should buy a lottery ticket. When I took the old lever off, I said to myself, "Chuckie.. there's going to be ball bearing in there that will want to run away and hide.. watch it." Caught it, thought, meh. I'm bad.. Cleaned everything up, had the little ball between my fingers, thought if I put a dab of grease on it.. it would stay in it's little cubby hole while I installed the lever. Reached for the grease, and dropped it. :homer: Heard it hit the stand, then the floor. I thought, no need to look for it, it'll have rolled into another dimension, never to be seen again. Round stuff just does that. Looked down, and it was sitting right beside my foot. (!) Put a little grease on it and installed the lever.

The horns were totally brown with rust. Bead blasted and painted them, along with the alternator cover that had been sand blasted by the front wheel. Painted it with Aero engine grey, and don't like it. I'll probably pull it and paint it flat black like the horns. Took a stainless toothbrush to the regulator, and made the corrosion fly.

32399399613_789917586f_c.jpg2017-03-02_04-49-47 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

Spent a fair amount of time cleaning the drywall stuff off the tail piece. I was sick, it looked horrible. Had a big gob of drywall stuck on it with white scratches through the Scura decal. Thought.."It's water soluble. I'll apply lots of soap, water, and elbow grease." It came off. :thumbsup::grin:  All of it. Took some rubbing compound and rubbed out the paint on the entire bike. Looks lots better.

33086366001_fb81231560_c.jpg2017-03-02_04-49-22 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

Used my manly pink HF tire machine to install a new rear tire.

32399403393_cc2af84190_c.jpg2017-03-02_04-50-13 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

Whew! A good day for an old fart. :oldgit:  Well, I did paint the stuff yesterday..

I'll change out the front tire tomorrow, and do little nickle and dime stuff.

• Like 2

That's a fair day's work, for sure. The grey cover goes with the tailpiece, but I agree that black would be better.

So you use the HF tire changer without the top arm? That's a good idea. I always fight with that thing. Off with it...