What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Here's to March in Indiana :bier: !   "In like a lion," indeed! :luigi:

But "grey" alternator covers? "Black" alternator covers? WOT? No zinc chromate?!? :rolleyes:

But "grey" alternator covers? "Black" alternator covers? WOT? No zinc chromate?!? :rolleyes:

You're in a class all of your own Docc

heh! "Out (there) standing in my own field" :whistle:

That's a fair day's work, for sure. The grey cover goes with the tailpiece, but I agree that black would be better.

So you use the HF tire changer without the top arm? That's a good idea. I always fight with that thing. Off with it...

I decided "what's the point of that?" the first time I used it. :huh2:

The horns were totally brown with rust. Bead blasted and painted them, along with the alternator cover that had been sand blasted by the front wheel. Painted it with Aero engine grey, and don't like it. I'll probably pull it and paint it flat black like the horns. Took a stainless toothbrush to the regulator, and made the corrosion fly.

32399399613_789917586f_c.jpg2017-03-02_04-49-47

Surrender to the dark side, Chuck.  :ninja:

IMG_5888.jpg

Here's to March in Indiana :bier: !   "In like a lion," indeed! :luigi:

Woke up this morning and ...

32428368653_1633a4296a_c.jpg2017-03-04_08-10-47 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

Good. I can get something done on the Scura today. :grin:  I don't know how Scud does it. I'd never get anything done if it was sunny and 70 every day. Back to work. Moved the vise on the HF lift. It was too far forward. Repaired the RF turnsignal. Installed a new front tire. I'll install the real Lucky Phil shifter extender ™ (instead of the original prototype)  yet this afternoon, and that'll do it for the day.

• Like 2

I woke up this morning and...

IMG_5907.jpg

...watched some sea otters in the ocean near San Luis Obispo (Avila Beach).

Then I met Plexiform and got to see his most excellent stable of bikes and a Porsche.

Then followed him on his Scura-Italia out Highway 166 through impossibly luscious green rain-soaked hillsides.

IMG_5918.jpg

Then continued solo for about 100 miles of high-speed sweepers, wide open spaces and one of my favorites climbs into Los Padres National Forest. I desperately wanted to ride Highway 33, but it was closed due to landslides.

IMG_5916.jpg

I visit the snow. The snow doesn't visit me.

IMG_5919.jpg

Then I paid the price with about 40 miles of lane-splitting through Los Angeles on the way home.

• Like 2

Thanks Scud for letting me join your excursion for a short stretch and reminding me I need to get out on my bike more.  

Thanks for the pix, Scud.. like I said, I'd *never* get anything done. :) In all the years I've been going out there, I've never seen it so green. That rain dance I did in December was a little more effective than I had planned. Must have had something to do with the bear and California.

32418920524_2d89ab4db6_c.jpg2017-03-05_07-29-14 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

I *assume* you've been on 33? It's fairly nice. :rasta:

Oh yeah, the Southernmost section of 33 is amazing. Been on it several times from Ojai all the way to Coalinga. But it's over 150 miles of mostly lane-splitting slab just to get to it. So it's a real treat when I can get close to it AND have enough time to enjoy it. However, daughter #2 will be going to college in San Luis Obispo starting next year. 33 and many other enticing routes await college visitations. I thank you, Chuck, for the rain... and I thank my daughters for choosing to go to school in interesting places.

Plexiform - you gotta ride 33 when it re-opens. Till then, go have lunch at Pine Mountain Pizza Company. It's only 6,000 vertical feet away from you.

LeMans' tires are toast...

In all the years I've been going out there, I've never seen it so green. 

This was in San Luis Obispo. All the coastal hills and valleys look like they've been carpeted - just endless green rollers... should have take more pictures. This doesn't do it justice.

IMG_5915.jpg

We're expecting a massive wildflower bloom this year.

http://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/ca.html

Good to see the drought got "mostly" taken care of with the latest storms!  Green and beautiful, no more parched hillsides in Cali!