What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

The mounting racks can be "groomed" by altering the placement of the attachment points and length of the top-front spacer.

I so want to build new racks to bring my Tekno further forward and down lower. (No passengers for me.)

nIce meet-up with some folks for a lot of chat and a little spin. The Veglia odometer starting rolling again just to tease me as any spurned Italian girl would. B)

GPS says I rolled 99.9 miles . . . Sport felt great!  Speedhuts in the works . . . :luigi:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe she's ever shifted so good! Completed the Lucky Phil shift improvement procedure this weekend and have to admit I was a little skeptical about the minor adjustments but very glad I did it. Thanks guys!

I bought some very low mileage gauges from eBay this winter and it looks like there might be an issue with my tach as it seems to react a little slow. I'll keep an eye on it hoping it smooths out with some miles....Ha!

• Like 1

Took the beast for a nice 110 mile ride thru the North Georgia mountain roads.  From Hiawassee over thru Wolfpen Gap to Suchess only to find Two Wheels of Suchess closed.  Not a problem as a few other bikers came drifting in.  From there took Ga. Hwy60 north up to Morgantown then east on Hwy76 back to Hiawassee and home.  Cloudy, overcast with a threat of rain but it FELT SOOO GOOD to be out on the LeMans for the first time in months.  Hardly any traffic and some of the best twisty roads thru the mountains, whats not to like!

Jerry

• Like 2

Took the beast for a nice 110 mile ride thru... ...some of the best twisty roads thru the mountains

Pics or it didn't happen.  :grin:

Ok, for all you non-believers(Scud), check out ADVRider.  Day Trippin, Two Wheels of Suchess.  Seems to be a pretty nice picture of a LeMans posted there.

Jerry

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, yesterday I took her out and rode a little over 100 miles. It is a unique machine. It is a good thing that the speedometer overestimates the true speed, because I looked down and it said 100 mph. And that was just in my driveway. No, just kidding. But fortunately, no police around at the time.

Hey, I get to play in this thread now!

d9e9be718b41b56ae2d7a45a49843923.jpg

eb88cb46c94380786df1c982fccd91ac.jpg

In case you hadn't been following along, I removed the luggage rack.

Am I suppose to find shorter bolts now?

eb88cb46c94380786df1c982fccd91ac.jpg

In case you hadn't been following along, I removed the luggage rack.

Am I suppose to find shorter bolts now?

The rack comes with longer bolts, but they won't interfere with anything if you leave them on. If you might re-install the rack, leave the long bolts on. If you think you're going to sell the rack, go find some shorter bolts so you can include the mounting hardware.

She looks in great condition. How was that area of concern on the paint on the tank?

She looks in great condition. How was that area of concern on the paint on the tank?

Dirt because it's hard to clean under the rack! Between kids, editing the video, taking off the rack and playing with the GuzziDiag I haven't had time to clean it!

I thought I was weird looking at pics of my bike while I am away.... I get it though.

Ha ha. Truth is that I had previously offered this part to anybody who would try to retro-fit it to a red-frame. The 2002 and later V11s had significantly stronger subframes and seem to be less likely to have cracked transmission cases. So... it just so happens that I am staying here in NY just 3/4 of a mile from where another member keeps his red-frame V11... and the subframe is already delivered. Now there are no motorcycle parts in my hotel room. I guess I'll have to look at pictures instead.

• Like 1