What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Managed to replace the lower fuel vapor hoses today which attach to the throttle bodies, a bit of a challenge getting a hand wedged in the middle on the left hand side to release them from the plastic T-section and twist off the tubing...which was heat rotted and cracked on both sides and quite stiff.  Virtually impossible to reach this from the right hand side.  

First set of replacement tubes I had purchased were inadvertently vacuum hoses instead of fuel line and just a shade too large on inner diameter, when I looked at what was on there originally it was labelled fuel line, so I replaced those and they snug on perfectly to the T and throttle bodies.  Oddly enough though, after replacing these lines, I don't really notice the bike running any differently...not better or worse.

Have managed to file down the nuts on the Napoleon mirrors, now to shave down some of the plastic so I can rubber mallet these mirrors into the bars...easy enough to remove the existing bar end weights.  Have to do all that tomorrow and then take it for a spin up to watch Moto GP on Sunday in Austin. 

After the fail at the DMV yesterday I met up with a buddy to catch a quick ride before kid duties kicked in.

c66be93713340e7050a229e10eb3f897.jpg

c666803669fec6b2dd8d280939b31b41.jpg

9b0d544f7956aac9c3391e43daca1fe4.jpg

62a17d7716ca3463aef94c7994d1de73.jpg

9cc87678b32fe409e2fdf87968b5a3be.jpg

On the way home the after some "spirited" riding the fuel light went on. I got a few miles from home and it started sputtering. I didn't think I'd make it to the nearest gas station. I wiggled the bike and it kept going. I almost had to push it to the pump. I put on 5 gallons, by far the most I've put in so far. According to my gas app I'm make around 35 mpg (US). I was hoping for more but I'm thinking it will go up after some tuning.

The custom painted Panigale sounds as wicked as it looks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Found me anow OEM carbon fiber kit and split it between the Scura and the Lemans. Scura obviously needed the nose fairing and the Lemans got the Fender and alt cover.... Not sure what I'm gonna do with the dash plate since both mine already sport carbon...FB_IMG_1492918965423.jpg

Getting ready for the Carolina mini Spine Raid, I installed my favorite grips, some old Napoleon mirrors and a throttle lock that Fotoguzzi said he liked..

34087109881_c6abb3eaf8_c.jpg2017-04-23_09-09-39 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

I haven't gotten used to how it looks yet, but in the midwest it's more important to see what's behind you (Cop?) than to have the narrowness of lane splitters. :oldgit:

34087088381_15aa1171d1_c.jpg2017-04-23_09-08-46 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

Found me anow OEM carbon fiber kit and split it between the Scura and the Lemans. Scura obviously needed the nose fairing and the Lemans got the Fender and alt cover.... Not sure what I'm gonna do with the dash plate since both mine already sport carbon...attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1492918965423.jpg

So, did you take a stock black flyscreen off the Scura? swooshdave has been trying to hunt a screen down . . .

Found me anow OEM carbon fiber kit and split it between the Scura and the Lemans. Scura obviously needed the nose fairing and the Lemans got the Fender and alt cover.... Not sure what I'm gonna do with the dash plate since both mine already sport carbon...attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1492918965423.jpg

So, did you take a stock black flyscreen off the Scura? swooshdave has been trying to hunt a screen down . . .

It might be in a box on it's way already...  :ninja:

I'm tempted to take the dash plate too.

• Like 1

Gave mine a tune up, just for fun. It hasn't seen much love recently since I contracted a case of Tonti-mania. 

The V11 barely needed any adjustment and is running really nicely. Still the most grin-inducing bike in my fleet. Definitely the best sounding.

I noticed a bit of fuel smell after the bike was parked in the garage for a few days after coming back from Moto GP last weekend. I found a small fuel leak on the left hand throttle body, took the clamps off, reseated everything and all was good.  Also appears that one of the small bolts holding on the black flat metal bit on top of the throttle body has gone missing, so I'll need to get a replacement for that and the second one was quite loose...but luckily not lost.  The bike seems to like rattling bolts around a bit!  Spent a bit of time going around the bike with the various allen wrenches and checking all other easily accessible bolts.

Next step:  Attached Guzzidiag and ran thru errors and live values and settings:  Found the CO setting at +31, reset to 0, all good.

Voltage reading on Guzzi Diag showing me 11.88 which seems quite low to me, although the bike starts w/o fail every time and runs w/o problems so I'm guessing maybe I have an alternator problem or eventually a failure.  Will have to check if the battery itself is any good now.

3 error codes were registered:

Throttle sensor

Battery Voltage

Coil Right

Off to read the archives here, review the detailed Workshop Manual and plan next steps.  I have to say, the bike is running way better now with the CO reset to zero and the throttle body properly positioned with no leaks.  Also upticked the low idle 2 turns and it's now idling perfectly even at start.  Throttle feels much lighter, easier to rev, instantly responsive with no flat spots all the way to redline, significantly less engine braking, and although I'm sure it's my imagination, even sounds better!

Love the Scura... :)

Voltage reading on Guzzi Diag showing me 11.88 which seems quite low to me, although the bike starts w/o fail every time and runs w/o problems so I'm guessing maybe I have an alternator problem or eventually a failure.  Will have to check if the battery itself is any good now.

I assume it's reading it at the ECU which I don't think it directly connected to the battery.

Getting ready for the Carolina mini Spine Raid, I installed my favorite grips, some old Napoleon mirrors and a throttle lock that Fotoguzzi said he liked..

34087109881_c6abb3eaf8_c.jpg

The plastic cruise controls will break. When they do you'll get the aluminum ones.

I assume it's reading it at the ECU which I don't think it directly connected to the battery.

Quite possible Dave...good idea!

I have put the battery on an overnight trickle charger to see what I read on the battery in the morning once it indicates fully charged w/o running,  and then test with a voltmeter at the battery when running to compare results.  

The plastic cruise controls will break. When they do you'll get the aluminum ones.

Naa, I'll get a NEP. Ugly, but effective. Been using them for years without issue on my touring bikes. Just thought I'd try one of these for the trip. Thanks for the warning. :)

Back from a 601 mile weekend touring the lakes and waterways on the TN-KY border.  Love this bike, "turned over" 102,000 miles 165.000 km. :wub:

• Like 3