What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

4d01742e85391bea59f627e68e7c6c18.jpg

Got the bike in the air in preparation to get a new front tire on.

9465c609984de365b45c7f7a9fdbd043.jpg

Great chance to look under the bike and see what's what. Side stand switch bolt bent. I'm surprised it still worked. Adding that to the list.

e1dafd0fb77f95522c610724dd7f6264.jpg

More serious is the loose seal. I see the forks coming off in the near future.

33785736c018ad55d1deb9f6ca9e59a4.jpg

Workshop manual says use special kit to get front spindle out. Great. Take off the plug and see a giant hex. Fortunately over the years I've collected a lot of tools and had the exact right size.

Still waiting for the lift to show up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha... the manual can be vague... :huh2:  I think it's referring to a little hex thing that comes with the tool kit - then you're supposed to put a box-end wrench or socket on the hex thing. A proper hex wrench, as you have there, is much better - works for the rear axle too.

Consider adding an angled valve stem when you change the tire - makes checking pressure and adding air much easier.

That little mushroom-capped bolt on the side-stand typically bends if the bike goes down on the left. It should have a lock-nut as well (see parts diagram).

Haha... the manual can be vague... :huh2:  I think it's referring to a little hex thing that comes with the tool kit - then you're supposed to put a box-end wrench or socket on the hex thing. A proper hex wrench, as you have there, is much better - works for the rear axle too.

Consider adding an angled valve stem when you change the tire - makes checking pressure and adding air much easier.

That little mushroom-capped bolt on the side-stand typically bends if the bike goes down on the left. It should have a lock-nut as well (see parts diagram).

I tried to straighten the bolt a little and then it didn't hit the switch with the lock nut on. So I took it off. It's in my growing box o' Greenie parts.

The Sidestand Switch feeds current to the Run Switch while the bike is in gear. Without a connection there, you will not be going down the road.

Carefully check all the fasteners that anchor the Rube Goldberg sidestand bracketry. One of the V11's Achilles' heels.

DSCN2894.jpg

• Like 1

Aye. What he said. Pay special attention to the large shoulder bolt going into the bracket. It actually threads in there a bit. Then tighten up the nut on the backside. A lot of stress on that bolt/bracket.

• Like 1

I installed a set of StainTune mufflers on my Ballabio.   Thanks to BigBlock -- a great seller who moved on to a pair of Ti on his V11.

Staintunes on Ballabio_resized_2 (600 x 337).jpg

• Like 2

Got the bike vertical, read all the threads on oil filling methodology (picked the one in which the filler cap just begins to engage the threads and filled to near the full mark) . . .

A formula for overfilling the sump?

Stay tuned.....

Well Docc, you're right.....the pressure built up so much that it popped my speedo bezel and rubber gasket off the bike....ugh!

Seriously, about 250 miles total of high speed running and no parked drips or telltale signs of unwanted seepage.

Equally seriously, the speedo bezel..the circular thing with a number of extremely small diameter posts about its perimeter which fit into equally small holes in what I think is the outer face of the speedo did pop off as I was coming up my somewhat washed out gravel driveway. Goes right back on, but pops off easily. The tach bezel doesn't budge. Going to search the archives and see if this needs nothing more than some glue, or whether I'm missing some other mystery piece which keeps this in place.....

Equally seriously, the speedo bezel..the circular thing with a number of extremely small diameter posts about its perimeter which fit into equally small holes in what I think is the outer face of the speedo did pop off as I was coming up my somewhat washed out gravel driveway. Goes right back on, but pops off easily. The tach bezel doesn't budge. Going to search the archives and see if this needs nothing more than some glue, or whether I'm missing some other mystery piece which keeps this in place.....

I just got some paint and was thinking about opening those on purpose to paint the needles orange again.  This thread might help you too:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16407&hl=%2Bveglia+%2Brepair

I just got some paint and was thinking about opening those on purpose to paint the needles orange again.  This thread might help you too:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16407&hl=%2Bveglia+%2Brepair

Thanks Scud. Didn't run across that thread when I searched, but it convinced me that it's nothing more than a bonding operation.

After I drain out some oil, of course.... :grin:

Thanks Scud. Didn't run across that thread when I searched, but it convinced me that it's nothing more than a bonding operation.

After I drain out some oil, of course.... :grin:

My Sport seems to find ways to drain out its own oil . . .  :whistle:

ba63f45feadb0b2c6b66e1eb43226672.jpg

I got the new Michelin Pilot Road 4 on the front. Extremely sticky. Can't wait to try it in the wet. Actually I can wait...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, my! Look at all those tiny-little-rubber-extensions-that-are-called-by-another-name!  :o:huh:

There is nothing like riding on fresh tires! :thumbsup:

Just got through fine tuning my shifter linkage after all the improvements.  I actually did all of the hard work last winter while I was waiting for engine parts.  Now that the bike is on the road the eccentrics needed to be adjusted so that it would actually shift properly and not hang up.

Look at all those tiny-little-rubber-extensions-that-are-called-by-another-name!  :o:huh:

Sprue.   :nerd: