What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

+1 more...  and I see the side stand is down. Hopefully this means it was hit while parked and you were not on it at the time. Let us know when you can. 

+1 more...  and I see the side stand is down. Hopefully this means it was hit while parked and you were not on it at the time. Let us know when you can. 

Side stand could have been knocked down from the impact, which looks to be substantial.

Thanks everyone.

Car pulled out in front of me with no chance to maneuver.

Two broken arms and some ribs but all the gear saved me.

Now I have some metal implanted in me and looking forward to see my TSA friends. :grin:   

Finally got to take a test ride to see how my newly found M4s sound on the Scura. They sound pretty good. Not as good as the Mistrals in my opinion but thankfully if I want to ride a v11 with Mistrals I'll hop on the LeMans.

I also got to rebadge the Scura with OEM Scura decals. Oh, the Aprilia days... Paid 35$ for factory decals and theyre slightly a different size than the ones the bike originally had in 2002... lol

20170516_112036_zpsoxelpptp.jpg

20170516_112120_zpsjk8oungj.jpg

20170516_112046_zps3wjdntic.jpg

• Like 1

Useful riding mod:  I now carry a compact pair of black wool/slight bit of spandex arm warmers that I slip on under my leather jacket whenever it gets a bit chilly.  A small thing to carry but can have a huge difference on your body temp in cooler climates or in the mountains.  Just passing the tip along FWIW.

Thanks everyone.

Car pulled out in front of me with no chance to maneuver.

Two broken arms and some ribs but all the gear saved me.

Now I have some metal implanted in me and looking forward to see my TSA friends. :grin:   

Ouch. Glad to hear you had on the appropriate gear to minimize injury. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. 

Sorry to hear about your accident, heal fast.  Glad you were wearing the proper gear.  I'm a firm believer of ATGATT.

Yeah, me, too. I've had one unexpected get off in.. uh.. 50 some years of riding, and was basically unhurt. The skin grafts from sliding 50-60 feet on chip and seal might have been a bit painful.