What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Replaced the breather hose. Possibly unnecessary as the old one looked ok... That oils comin from somewhere though...

While i was incrementally disassembling stuff to gain access/cut down on cursing, i backed the preload right off as i'm right fed up of smashing over bumps, cleaned sone nasssty gunk outa the airbox, cleaned the gunk outa the butterflies... errr wot else... oh and fecked about with the rear brake- bled it a bit (i'll bet much fine gold on there still being air in it), and the b*stard's still rubbing on the disc anyway. Maybe the seals are bollixed. My car's broke too. And we got burgled yesterday. My cat's nice though!

Sorry buddy. We need to get some good juju in this thread.....

After owning my v11 for around five years I think I finally managed to get a couple of squirts of grease in that front U-joint!

• Like 2

I've been commuting on my LeMans all week. There are few choice curves between my home and work, although they are not on the most direct route between those two points. The Dunlop Roadsmart III tires are great - very stable, sticky, and predictable.

Well, its been a while since I posted here..... I built a house, aged several decades and shed loads of money. Brilliant! However, the Project survives and is just about complete. 

beastiecrop_zpspegfqvif.jpg

As I retained the iaw15m ecu, the fuelling wasn't quite right, particularly at small throttle openings making urban use a bit of a pain. My original plan was to re-use a PCIII that used to live on my Centauro, but a trip to the dyno to get it set up revealed that it was u/s and kept crashing the computer whenever changes were attempted. 

So Guzzidiag it is then. Today, the cables arrived from Lonelec and Guzzidiag, reader and writer were downloaded. A few hours reading the guzzidiag thread then connect up to the bike. A couple of headscratches to get the software to recognise the ecu and we are away!

• Like 3

Gritman, I think your motorcycle deserves its own thread

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah... If you feel inclined to retell the story of your project I'd read it. For example, I'd be curious to know what forks are on the bike and what it took to install them.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I should update the thread I started a few years back - before I got distracted by other activities and events. You guys deserve it, this forum is a great resource and has helped in a major way for me to build the Guzzi I really really wanted. A special thank you to the members who have provided parts - from all around the world! - and good technical advice. Hopefully I can pass on some of the lessons I learned along the way....

She's been a road legal rolling project for 3 years now, but the last 2 seasons were setting up; now she is just about right and I'm looking to doing some serious miles. At the dyno shop, we did manage a baseline run and with a couple of fuelling flatspots and just not getting enough at WOT, she was putting out 92bhp. I reckon theres a couple more ponies hidden away in there somewhere. When I've got to grips with Guzzidiag and sorted the fuelling I will get a printout  to post here. My first Guzzidiag excursion has been to follow docc's advice and zero the CO trim; took a ride today and i'm pleased to report a noticeable improvement in tractability in urban use. Thanks again docc!  Theres always the 1225 conversion if I want to get really carried away, but somehow I doubt it, I already have trouble finding the space for her to stretch her legs and she feels nicely balanced now. Having declared a finished build i fully intend to resist the temptation for more upgrades and just enjoy the machine. I'm not disappointed! :thumbsup:  

Yup, owned lots of Guzzis, and loved em all, but that 4v motor? No disrespect to the very fine 1064 2-valver in the V11, but the V10 motor has very different characteristics that I find impossible to ignore. Why MG stopped producing it and why they are not building MGS01's completely baffles me! Its the looks of the V11 that really stand out. the tank/seat unit lines and old school stance is just spot on. The build quality is excellent too.  :mg:

Ciao!

• Like 1

Gritman, I think your motorcycle deserves its own thread

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah... If you feel inclined to retell the story of your project I'd read it. For example, I'd be curious to know what forks are on the bike and what it took to install them.

Hey Scud, the forks are the stock White Power items off a Centauro. Yokes are from a 2000 V11 cos they have 4mm less offset, thus improving turn in. That did cause an issue with yokes striking the tank, but I will detail that elsewhere. Mudguard from Redmax Speedshop, an excellent builder and purveyor of quality performance bikes of style -  if you are in the southwest UK - stays self built. 

FINALLY got around to bolting on my Stucchi bellypan after buying it with brackets i later discovered were broken. Thankfully Gordon at MGCycles was able to order me brackets . It make the Scura look pretty organic..

FB_IMG_1495592120473_zps10ivsr1t.jpg

• Like 1