What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Mmmmmmm, black powertrain, red bodywork, shiney zorsts, that's a fine looker!

I also am in a Good Mood: Replacement of the breather hose has sorted my leaky oil munchkin out! H'rayy! Or... it's dry....

Let my friend from Austin use the V11 and we did a day loop around the Devil's Highway.  Might have a new convert to the V11 fold.
At Morenci mine overlook.
DSC00603.JPG

Yours truly in front of a mine truck tire.
IMG_6956.JPG

On the way up the hill.
DSC00606.JPG

DSC00609.JPG

Caught some monsoon storms in the mountains.
DSC00611.JPG

Bear Wallow Cafe in Alpine, AZ.
DSC00612.JPG

• Like 2

Started work on replacing the seat with a classic style cafe racer type seat.
I'll be using bits of the old subframe.

IMG_0123-klein.JPG

not quite today but.....

Took her in for the annual MoT sunny day expecting fun all afternoon, but got a puncture on the way..... bike now at the MoT station minus back wheel, wheel at the tyre shop awaiting fresh rubber.

Sun shining and I'm doing the gardening. Not quite as I'd planned :bbblll:  

Started work on replacing the seat with a classic style cafe racer type seat.

I'll be using bits of the old subframe.

Walterg,

It would be great to see you post the progress of your new seat in this thread:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19683&hl=custom+seat

Sure Docc.

Due to having no time at all and having to work outside under the carport progress is slow but if there's anything to post I'll post it in the Custom Seat thread.

• Like 1

Saturday night Scura canyon/lake loop... broke shifter spring about 5 miles from home. Made it back in 2nd.

Sunday... replaced the spring. Here's the little bugger stuck to the magnet on the tranny oil drain plug. At least I know it's not in the gears. 

IMG_6386.jpg

This was a new spring less than 2,000 miles ago.  :bbblll:

Well, that sucks, Scud. Since tuning up the Mighty Scura's transmission, new springs, Lucky Phil extender, surface grinding, etc. I'd forgotten about this. I haven't had the first issue.. no sticking when shifting down.. nothing. 

And now you're telling me I need to worry about it when I'm 1000 miles away from home? 

Grumble grumble..

:)

Yeah - after all the work I did recently on the Scura, I figured I was good for many trouble-free miles. Fortunately, I had a spare new spring on hand and was able to make the repair in just a few hours. I'm scheming on a proper ride soon - glad it happened close to home. There was no warning whatsoever - just happy happy happy then no shifting.

Yeah - after all the work I did recently on the Scura, I figured I was good for many trouble-free miles. Fortunately, I had a spare new spring on hand and was able to make the repair in just a few hours. I'm scheming on a proper ride soon - glad it happened close to home. There was no warning whatsoever - just happy happy happy then no shifting.

It's not the dreaded 16mm (oversize) shift arm boss?

I didn't measure it. But I do remember noticing that the spring I installed had a very short length after the 90-degree bend (as compared to the original). I think the oversized boss causes a failure at a different location on the spring. I'm gonna chalk this up to a manufacturing flaw. But if I have to open it up again I think I will try that modification with the long spring that pulls the lever down - that Japanese kit that's no longer available... 

What a sinking feeling Scud. I know it. You're supposed to carry the spare so you won't need it. That's where mine broke and I had the 16mm boss. While mine is apart I'd love to figure out that coil spring mod while doing the rest of the shifty shifter upgrades.

Seems belfastguzzi did a thorough step-by-step on the pawl spring complete with roadside repair . . .

That's was quite a while ago, though, and photo links tend to die out.

I think Chuck is suggesting a step-by-step on the modification with a coil spring - not a how-to on replacing the original spring, which is well-documented. In fact, if someone were so-inclined, they could buy 50 springs and whatever other bits are required and sell us all some upgrade kits for a tidy beer-money profit.   :bier:

• Like 2