What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Ha!

I have never ridden anything that modern, but I briefly owned an 07 gixxer 750 and it was exactly how you describe it. Definitely less power but sooo stable and like you said the shifting to chassis interference almost nada.

Somehow though the challenge of riding a more analog machine is more romantic in my pea size brain...

Fun though these hyper machines nonetheless, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Wow, how many Go_Winkies is that thing gonna need in ten years? :blink:

No kidding. And.. will that $2000 module still be available?  

I know.. it's progress.. but the reason I ride a motorcycle is to enjoy "operating the machine." I want to be the guy that matches rpm, decides how much throttle and brake to apply, etc. Not some silicon based organism.. they'll take over soon enough.  :oldgit:

• Like 1

My friend with the S1000RR also has some very fast cars. He's really into the cars and just dabbles with the bike on the track. He liked all the traction control and electronically modulated stuff because it helped him go faster and reduce the risk of operator error. I think he's also fascinated by the technology - and I must say, it is very interesting. I was just in awe of the BMW and the clutchless, rev-matching shifting. On the other hand, there are so many switches on the handlebars, and so much information on the dash that there's quite a learning curve. But hey, I'd love to have a "miles till empty" number on my Guzzi dashboard.

I think the motorcycle manufacturers who add all this technology are also aware of people (like us) who want to control the bike. The BMW allows you to turn off most of the electronic assistance. Ironically, you could save your programmed "user mode" to use the least amount of tech features.

It was a cool experience to ride that BMW, but to me, the V11 is still more satisfying as an all-day sport-touring mount.

• Like 1

My '08 Norge is the most "modern" bike I have owned or rode in many years.  Prior to that I had a '95 Suzuki RF900 which I felt was very smooth and plenty enough go power. But pretty much your basic rice rocket, liquid cooled in line four with carbs.

When I first purchased my '03 Haga Replica Aprilia, I discovered how much suspension and engine technology had advanced.  With the Olins suspension I was riding on air and the power from the V-twin would pull like a freight train and all the way well past the 160 MPH mark which was plenty fast enough for me.

Several friends with 750 crotch rockets begged to ride it so we switched rides.  Sure it was impressive to see the tach needle jump past 14,000 RPM, but the fours just felt "buzzy" to me and I really missed the torque and grunt coming out of sweepers and turns.

The Norge has plenty enough gadgets for me, ABS and electronic hand warmers, only used on the trip to Canada, and they certainly are not building the new bikes to be worked on by their owners.

I enjoy seeing the advancements in technology but is it all really necessary.  At some point in time those relays and sensors will need to be repaired or replaced.  And like Chuck says, will they still be obtainable.  Look at the problems we have just finding the proper relays, switches, etc. for our old tractors.   I ride to get away from all the techno gadgets.   

• Like 2

Saturday, took the mighty Scura up to an Arizona Airheads campout.  After all, the Scura is technically an airhead, even if the jugs are bent up 45 degrees.  And yes, if you are looking closely, those are raindrops on the bikes.  Summer in the Arizona mountains !  And no, I didn't strap on a bunch of camping gear, I just visited for the evening then did a night ride home.

IMG_0008.jpg

• Like 1

Finally got my bellypan from the paint shop . I spent 2 weeks looking at this determining red or grey...

IMG_20170719_232700_318_zps2fbpl1un.jpg

And I went grey... Not too shabby, eh?

20170815_163606_zpsgiqrnrcb.jpg

20170815_163623_zpscblf7rge.jpg

• Like 3

Washed the chook.  :grin:  She'd been complaining about bugs in her feathers since the Carolinas mini Spine raid. When she clucks, I listen.. she's kept me safe for many thousands of miles. :oldgit:

35819773424_1f4c2f8cfe_c.jpg2017-08-18_03-06-47 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

I hated to tell her she's going bald with age.

• Like 1

She was installed by Todd at MPH (RIP) when Pete had it shipped out of N.H. to do the dual plate clutch, and many little things. She'll be there as long as I'm the keeper of the Mighty Scura..  :oldgit:

• Like 2

Some people have trade mark helmet and leathers, Chuck has a naked bird!