What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Leroy,

You're in Neosho?   I am not sure if we've met.  Do you ride with Guzzi John, Dusty or Rocker on Wild Guzzi?

I am usually heading to Ozarks a couple of times a year.  Probably will go to the RAT Raid in Jasper Ark in April.  Perhaps we can catch a ride together and you can show me some new roads?

John L

Hi John-

Yes, I'm in Neosho north of town out in the sticks. I met someone from WG at the Undercliff (Tipton Ford, closed and for sale BTW) early last year. I was on the Duck, and the gentleman I was talking to was on a..well...delightfully ratty MG.

No, I haven't met the "local" gang yet...just acquired the MG at the end of last summer. I am planning on heading up to Cedar Vale in April but if you're around/about the area I've got a 100 mile loop which always makes me smile no matter what I'm riding. Spare bedroom/bath too for logistical support. 417-434-0867

LeRoy S.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a new starter, old one was hanging and burning the fuse. Ordered also the throttle body rubber hoses,old ones were cracked.

Hi John-

Yes, I'm in Neosho north of town out in the sticks. I met someone from WG at the Undercliff (Tipton Ford, closed and for sale BTW) early last year. I was on the Duck, and the gentleman I was talking to was on a..well...delightfully ratty MG.

No, I haven't met the "local" gang yet...just acquired the MG at the end of last summer. I am planning on heading up to Cedar Vale in April but if you're around/about the area I've got a 100 mile loop which always makes me smile no matter what I'm riding. Spare bedroom/bath too for logistical support. 417-434-0867

LeRoy S.

Looks like a Guzzi meet up in Huntsville Ark at the  Withrow Springs State park this weekend.

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=81997.0

I am on the fence but if I go I'll stay in the motel (don't feel like camping).  It's 300 mile trip for me.

In fact Dusty (Cedar Vale fame) is putting this weekend campout together.  I'm usually at Cedar Vale, we also do a meet up in Springfield (MO) to ride the Springfield (IL) Mile.  I've done the Undercliff at Tipton Ford too but it's a long ways for a lunch ride.

I usually make a trip or two to the Ozarks every year.  I'd like to ride your 100 mile loop. Perhaps I'll see you soon?

At the weekend recommissioned my V11 after 7 years in storage, it was like getting a new bike again, full service and by Sunday afternoon I had a tune out of it, wonderful! Spoke to Belfastguzzi about the gear Spring so after I put some miles on it first I'll change it before the summer starts in earnest.image.jpeg

• Like 1

I rode mine again today and can report that after around a thousand klms my gear selector rework and shift lever extension have been a great success. The V11 shifts like a Ducati or dare I say close to a Japanese bike now. No more missed shifts or lever tapping you on the toe occasionally. As good as you can ever expect it to be I'd say.

Ciao 

drained the AGM Battery, recharged it

Started the beast.

Jobs done this winter- Re-seal, charge and replace spring on rear shock (Sachs).  New rear rotor (OEM). Drilled back panel of air box lid. Installed GT grips (a la 70s ambo). replaced regulator. Blew fresh fuel through the filter and replaced the crossover fuel line

Let it sit in the rain to climatize it and to admire the water running off it.

Had a beer with it

Good day

• Like 2

Hi John-

LeRoy S.

Looks like a Guzzi meet up in Huntsville Ark at the  Withrow Springs State park this weekend.

I am on the fence but if I go I'll stay in the motel (don't feel like camping).  It's 300 mile trip for me.

In fact Dusty (Cedar Vale fame) is putting this weekend campout together.  I'm usually at Cedar Vale, we also do a meet up in Springfield (MO) to ride the Springfield (IL) Mile.  I've done the Undercliff at Tipton Ford too but it's a long ways for a lunch ride.

I usually make a trip or two to the Ozarks every year.  I'd like to ride your 100 mile loop. Perhaps I'll see you soon?

Saw that. Going to get the V11 safety inspected tomorrow and head down that way to say hello. Looking forward to meeting you at CV. I'll be the sissy looking for lodging thereabouts.....

Noticed the rear wheel disk side wheel bearing was totally shagged. Had to resort to the old bead of weld around the inside of the outer race to get it out. The spacer is .5mm too short which has caused the premature failure. Bonded an appropriate thickness shim to the stock spacer, so that issue is solved.

Ciao

• Like 1

Hi John-

LeRoy S.

Saw that. Going to get the V11 safety inspected tomorrow and head down that way to say hello. Looking forward to meeting you at CV. I'll be the sissy looking for lodging thereabouts.....

Saw you made it there. 

Well, maybe next time for me?

GStallons recommended the Pit Posse wheel bearing remover tool. I got that and it worked really well - had the bearings out in just a few hammer-blows. Too late for you (sorry) but maybe for next time?