What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Took the front wheel off for tire change and bearings.

Gave up on trying to get the tire off after buying a set of motion pro spoons, so took to my mechanic to do the job.

Engine and tranny oil next.

Went out to the garage... made sure its still there.  Went back inside.  Grumble.

me too, sans grumble....

IMG_0513.JPG

Nice!!!

It did go to a good home.

Quick question.......

Why don't you use the service stand to store the Rosa?

The rear suspension will have less weight.

Went out to the garage... made sure its still there.  Went back inside.  Grumble.

me too, sans grumble....

IMG_0513.JPG

Cor mister! That’s pretty!

And clean as a whistle!

• Like 1

"Quick question.......

Why don't you use the service stand to store the Rosa?

The rear suspension will have less weight."

That's probably a good idea. This stand came with the bike and I wanted to try it out. It's a little squirrely getting it to not slip on the swingarm while installing (whew!) but it sure goes up easy. Very little pressure. I won't use it again till (if)I can correct that. Meantime, I'll use the other one.

7d474bb09c6414fe4f77a8c6b4168dbf.jpg

Getting her ready for her first oil change. I’ve got a gasket and oil filter and oil. I think that’s everything. How much oil will it take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't recall the specifics, but I think the basic answer is that with a plate it will retain a bit more oil than without. 

There's probably a good explanation by Pete somewhere on here. I think the basic idea is that the tray keeps the spray and "windage"down so less oil goes through the breather system.

I got the pan off and used a strap wrench to take the filter off but then stopped and ordered a filter socket so I can get the filter nice and tight. It’ll be here Monday. No Roper plate. Not yet at least. The gasket was put on dry. I’m thinking a little Threebond on the top side? Or just put it in dry again?

I think forum opinion is not to over-tighten the filter dave (and to mind that the old wubber filter gasket has been removed too).

Some folks, me included now, secure the filter with jubilee clips to prevent it loosening off.

Not sure whether a bonding agent is necessary on the sump gaskets- i’ve never used it and, although i do have a bit o oil coming out from somewhere, it’s not from the pan.

I install my sump gaskets dry. I would suggest putting a hose clamp around the oil filter so it doesn’t loosen itself. Unlike most exterior oil filters if this one starts to get loose you won’t see a leak.

This one did not have a hose clamp around the filter but it was on really really good. It was not going to come off by itself. The filter sockets is so I can get it tight enough. Notice I didn’t say too tight. No Roper plate yet. On my list.

ryland3210 posted some excellent investigation on the amount of tightening necessary to adequately deform the filter gasket/seal on a variety of filters. His conclusion was one and one eighth (1 1/8) turns from gasket contact. Oil filter seals should always have a smear of oil on them.

(FWIW: 3,5 liter = 3.7 US quart) :nerd: