What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Here is a post by Gary Cheek considering to clamp or not clamp (I'm a nonner) . I learned to totally trust this guy. One of the cognoscenti that I so wish still posted here. [All the images I'm finding of the clamp have fallen to PhotoBlockiit.]

http://www.v11lemans...c=9333&p=106156

I chuckled at someone thinking a Guzzi vibrated enough to loosen a well tightened oil filter. Commandos have an external filter and you can bet your sweet it’s got a hose clamp. Because 360˚ twins, especially 750cc+ ones will VIBRATE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Norton idling on its center stand will “walk” across the shop floor

Yes it will. Make it challenging to set the timing at 5k rpm, you have the chase the f*cker across the garage!

I'm going to start a new thread and let you guys criticize my oil change. Stay tuned.

Here you go:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20306&p=230249

• 3 weeks later...

I put my FBF Crossover and Titanium exhaust (with high-hangers) on the Scura. How funny that I got these pipes for my red LeMans... then the Green tart stole them... then the darkness finally prevailed. :ninja:  She lost 11.5 pounds and sounds lovely. 

I also put a titanium slip-on on the Husky 701. Ironic that it also has wings on it (Wings is the Australian manufacturer). She lost 6 precious pounds and sounds like a vicious big thumper now - she sounded a bit tame with the ponderous stock pipe.

IMG_7593.jpg

• Like 2

I put my FBF Crossover and Titanium exhaust (with high-hangers) on the Scura. How funny that I got these pipes for my red LeMans... then the Green tart stole them... then the darkness finally prevailed. :ninja:  She lost 11.5 pounds and sounds lovely. 

I also put a titanium slip-on on the Husky 701. Ironic that it also has wings on it (Wings is the Australian manufacturer). She lost 6 precious pounds and sounds like a vicious big thumper now - she sounded a bit tame with the ponderous stock pipe.

IMG_7593.jpg

Nice Scud...Finally letting the beast out of the cage

Congrats

I had a set of titaniums on Rosie. The sound was sublime.. maybe the best ever.  The problem was I couldn't hear her when wearing earplugs. Had to keep giving out test rides just so I could hear her motoring away.  :rasta:  :)

IMG_7593.jpg

Thank you for peeking out the hamn dammer.  Somehow, it helps life make more sense . . .  :grin:

And, if it is going to be multiple choice, "titanium" will be the correct response 83.476% of the time. :luigi:

Can't wait to get a Scura...will be my next V11 addiCtion.

Fixed it for ya.  Careful what you wish for though - if you do get one, make sure all the "Scura issues" have been addressed or the price is low enough for you to address them yourself. 

Thank you for peeking out the hamn dammer.  Somehow, it helps life make more sense . . .  :grin:

The stock crossover needed to be persuaded off... and the FBF needed some "encouragement" to get all the way on. The FBF and Ti makes such a nice sound. I might have to bell the intakes. I have emptied some mandrels.  I love having the pipes up high and tight - and seeing more of the driveline and swingarm.

Hey, by the way, I'm quite fond of the this little rolling shop stool / tool box. I sold my Harbor Freight motorcycle lift, because I'm still a roll-around-on-the-floor guy. This little toolbox holds all the basics and keeps the floor clear of tools. And the side trays that fold down have some (weak) magnets that help with small steel parts.