What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Cool that you were able to get a steel flywheel for single-plate clutch.

Let darkness reign.  :ninja:

• Like 1

Leroy - you can get a RAM ball that screws in where a mirror stalk would normally go. That makes a super-clean installation with no additional clamp around the bars. Just pop out that rubber plug, I think it's an M10 thread (but that's from memory so you should check first).

Appreciate the thought, Scud.

I tried that first with my best simulant of a RAM ball (some washers on an appropriately threaded bolt). Using what I had..and doing the eyeball extrapolation....I wasn't convinced getting a stand-alone ball was going to allow the GPS (Garmin 66X) to clear the fairing. 

I ran a Garmin 60CX on my LeMans without hitting the fairing - used a long arm and aimed it inboard toward the steering stem.

Today was way chilly for a shakedown ride. Windchill of 33-35ºF at 60 mph. :blink:

IMG_4888.jpg

Went anyway. Just 65 miles interrupted by eggs&bacon then BBQ later. There was coffee involved . . . :ph34r:

Back in the Hound'sToo'th, I performed a proper wipe down and pre-ride inspection (for next weekend's run-up around the lakes of mid-Kentucky). Looking to roll over 107,000 miles.

No solvents required to wipe off the rear wheel! :thumbsup:

8f1aaba1-dc45-46bd-86a7-a269d9ede6e8.jpg

• Like 2

Doc, that’s a bit on the cool side but at least you got out. Just curious....if there’s more than two Guzzi's parked at he same place is that considered a rally?

Two might be a coincidence, but three definitely qualifies as an attraction. They really do draw admirers parked together! :mg:

@Chuck . . . Looking forward to some splatter and drip-free miles!

• 2 weeks later...

Tested charging on the Scura today. Why? Because when I last attempted to ride it three weeks ago it took a long time to start, then it died about 1/4 mile from the house. A quick investigation revealed a slightly deformed (not totally melted) 30 amp fuse.

I replaced the fuse, and verified that it's not overcharging (14.something volts at 4,000 rpm). So, not being sure about the cause of the overheated fuse, I blasted out for an "Italian Tune-Up."  She ran great and restarted easily after stops for gas and at Cycle Gear.

At Cycle Gear (where I got some new summer gloves) I was approached by a "stereotypically-dressed" Harley rider who was curious about the Moto Guzzi. He said he always wanted one, but was worried about reliability. I tried to steer him toward a V11-engined cruiser, such as an EV/Bassa/California, etc. He loved the sound of the Scura with FBF crossover and Titanium pipes.

But I'm still nervous about that fuse and not sure why it overheated.