What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

i blew the left head gasket while going for a ride after I replaced the fork oil....

As in, leaking oil or actually loosing compression?

Possibly replaced the gaskets recently and did not re-torque the heads after a while? Otherwise I have never seen that happen on a bigblock Guzzi...

Leaking oil from the gasket which is at least 4 years old and I never had any issues with it.

I have seen that happen on a big block once, on smallblocks several times, but that may have had something to do with the person driving it (not me). :homer:

As you are from Holland, and English is probably not your first language, do you mean valve cover gasket instead of head gasket? It is very uncommon to blow a head gasket. :huh2:

• Like 1

the valve cover gaskets leak on mine all the time.  I blame the mechanic.  (in fact, I try to carry a spare when I travel)

The big block gaskets tend to get sucked in when on and off the throttle hard. You can either ride more sanely.. :D Ok, not at option.. or think about gluing the gasket to the valve cover with aviation permatex or some such.

The Kid discovered this on our trip to the Tn./ Carolina area.. :rasta:

34931107712_4438dd605d_k.jpg2017-06-04_01-31-41 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

Had the same problem with a valve cover gasket. As I was ordering a new set, Curtis Harper suggested flattening the valve cover on plate glass, saying they can get distorted by over tightening. Mine were twisted & it seemed to help.

Pete sez there is a "Klingerlight" or some such gasket that is a metal sandwich. I looked at MG Cycle and didn't see anything like that.

Yes Chuck, Valpollini gaskets I have them on my bike. From an engineering perspective they appear to be far superior to the originals and so far zero leaks. Mind you I havent done many miles on them yet but Pete says they are the go.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20295&hl=gaskets

Ciao

I know the day will come when I have to replace my original :o valve cover gaskets. 

Probably should keep them, grind them into a powder and smoke 'em.  :rasta:

(It's like "drinking the KoolAid", but more edgy . . . :sun: )

• Like 1

Went to the Ducati Panigale V4 R release party at Otto Car Club in Scottsdale.
http://ottocarclub.com/
The Otto Car Club is for 0.1% rich people who baby their car collections. Think social club with a huge garage attached.

5.jpg

10.jpg

Can't argue with free beer and wine, right.  But oddly, no Italian wine nor beer !!  I rode there, so only 1/2 of a beer for me.  Also had wandering waiters handing out small nibbles.

4.jpg

Here's my goose in front of some ducks.

17.jpg

They did a full on technical presentation of the V4R features, which includes going back to a dry clutch.  I challenged some of the older ducks to a dry clutch rattle off contest.  The single plate Scura (lever out) won handily.

15.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

The star of the show.  Can you see the winglets at the front of the fairing just under the handlebars?  I think we are not too far away from seeing ailerons and rudders controlling body lean in MotoGP.

16.jpg

And finally, some other Ducks on display.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

• Like 3