What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Today I tested MartyNZ's new dipstick/thermometer (source MG-Cycle) on my LeMans before sending it on. Marty - you'll be glad to know that not only does it look cool and tell the temperature in degrees Celsius, it makes the bike faster, and improves handling, braking, and fuel economy.  ...now I want one.

That's excellent! I was hoping that it would tell me about the oil; how much & how hot, so this is an unexpected benefit. :thumbsup:

Have you had it fitted long enough to see if it makes you more attractive to the opposite sex?  :grin:

Have you had it fitted long enough to see if it makes you more attractive to the opposite sex? 

Haha.  I cannot think of even one answer that I would be willing to post in a public forum.  :whistle:

Perhaps another time...  :bier:

• Like 1

Rode 150 miles to my favorite taco shop (near Mexican border) for a $5.00 breakfast burrito (weighs about 5 pounds). Someday I am going to sit there till I can finish one of those monsters. Marty's thermometer said the oil was 105 Celcius.

On the way home, I started missing about half of my 5>4 downshifts and was getting some bothersome chatter/feedback - also bothersome to be in neutral leading into corners. But searching here suggests that I probably just need to get friendly with acorn nuts, springs, levers, and pins in the gearbox selector area. That and a some slipping of the clutch will be sending the red girl back to the lift... she must like it there.

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4736.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for the advice MartyNZ. I've been riding the bike all year round and it stood outside a lot. The contacts didn't look very clean so I'll check all the electrics and see what else needs to done.

Pushed it 200 yards to the gas station thinking I'd run out (first ride on it in 7 years) then after I fuelled up it was still cutting out after 10 seconds. Had a think and realised I hadn't put the fuel tap full on. Doh! After that I had a sweet but cold 90 miles, great to be out on a V11 again (although my wrist hurts tonight, need to toughen up)

• Like 1

No electric petcock?

If you took it off, serves you right LOL

I figured out why my Speedhut gauges weren't working, I tapped into the Ignition switch feed so the

gauges don't reset when starting, the spade connector had pulled apart.

I took some nice pictures, thinking about selling her My financial adviser is starting to object as

I have 3 other Guzzis

Later on I found I forgot to put the chip back in the camera before taking the shots, you'll have to trust me

they were nice pictures.

No electric petcock?

If you took it off, serves you right LOL

I figured out why my Speedhut gauges weren't working, I tapped into the Ignition switch feed so the

gauges don't reset when starting, the spade connector had pulled apart.

I took some nice pictures, thinking about selling her My financial adviser is starting to object as

I have 3 other Guzzis

Later on I found I forgot to put the chip back in the camera before taking the shots, you'll have to trust me

they were nice pictures.

Nope it's a 2003 burgundy, still the mechanical one

Get another financial adviser , you can't have too many Guzzi's or bikes

Enjoyed the imaginary pictures Now get the real ones up, no excuses

On the operating table for its annual check up.

gallery_9718_198_38656.jpg

Had a problem with my headlight.  Has this happened to anyone else?

gallery_9718_198_449618.jpg

So time for an upgrade. Bought the kit from Guzzi Tech.  Ran into the same problem as Scud.

Here what i came up with.

gallery_9718_198_362182.jpg

gallery_9718_198_280902.jpg

Sealed afterwards.

My odometer had stopped before I bought the Bike working so I bought a SpeedHut gauge.

But I got a great deal for a KMH version from member Zoro (great seller) so I went that route and keeping the SH for another project.

Lets see how long this ITI lasts

gallery_9718_198_596442.jpg

And now something stupid  :homer:

gallery_9718_198_192700.jpg

Tranny Flush

Valve Adjustment

Throttle Balance

Greasing Driveshaft

In the upcoming days.

• Like 1

Nice checkup. That little bulb cover fell off mine too - and wore the chrome off the bottom of the reflector. I used some plastic chrome spray paint, which is not as reflective as the original chrome, but at least it's not black.  I was "this close" to cutting the back of the headlight bucket. That's cool with the clear cover so we can see how the components fit.