What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

No , my V-Strom is easy to drop ! I rode to this station up the road ( 2 weeks ago ) to gas up w/non ethanol . Came home , the kickstand retracted , we all went over . After 5 attempts including my pride I had to call a neighbor to pick it up for me . 3 chiro visits later I can walk O.K. now . 

• Sad 1

Czakky- don't feel bad.  Took my LeMans out for a nice ride Friday up here at our place in North Georgia. Weather was cool and sunny, leaves changing colors, beautiful ride and the bike ran great.

But, they are NOT the ideal bike for gravel roads.  Recently bought a klx250. Out on it Saturday and stopped to ask directions from a local.  Granted the road was on a slight incline and was slightly lower to my right side.  31" inseam and 33" seat height resulted in a rather embarrassing incident.  Glad it wasn't the LM but still felt like a dumba$$ for dropping a little 250cc bike at a standstill.   At least I provided entertainment for the local.😎😎

• Thanks 1

Finally got rid of the crappy stock brake rotors. New T-drive Brembos with Braking pads. This combo should be smooth as glass and one finger braking...mostly lol

Looking at the stockers, the Galfer green pads didn't love them, either. Pulsing, jerky, pull-to-one-side, inconsistent lever bastages. Can't wait to try these out, maybe tomorrow.

0dNVd1wIwNH7ihLcr_R7diJvCftOxDnvl4Jl0DO7

• Like 3

Along the brake vein, the (nearing) 114,000 mile Sport got a fresh rear rotor and Bridgestone T31 today (32nd rear tire!). Fresh Brembo pads to bed the new rotor. All clinical and torqued and LocTited . . . wheel bearings checked out. Klüber Staburags on the drive hub.  Thanks, Josh!! :thumbsup:

IMG_0250.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Docc, i’ll Leave the lights on in my shop so you can come do your cleaning magic to my machines any time!  Just a quick hop over the hills (intercontinental divide... whatever) from your place to mine.

I’ve started the fall/winter process of chasing down the loose ends for winter mx.  Got the data cables coming, will download guzzidiag, etc., but chewing on what to do about the lack of a rear hugger. Mostly to protect that rear shock.  Better to chase down a stock hugger, or go try and find a Ghezzi-brian unit?  I see the ghezzi unit on line but haven’t found a source yet to buy them, so don’t even know price.  Any hot leads?

• Like 2

There is one on ebay in California from a forum member.  Pretty sure he's in the middle of moving his household, so not sure the status of availability.

Saw that, and may be interested.  Just want sure if I’d buy that and which I had the ghezzi-BRIAN unit instead.  Looking for thoughts on which one to pursue, stock or the ghezzi, based on effectiveness and price.  

15 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Docc, i’ll Leave the lights on in my shop so you can come do your cleaning magic to my machines any time!  Just a quick hop over the hills (intercontinental divide... whatever) from your place to mine.

I’ve started the fall/winter process of chasing down the loose ends for winter mx.  Got the data cables coming, will download guzzidiag, etc., but chewing on what to do about the lack of a rear hugger. Mostly to protect that rear shock.  Better to chase down a stock hugger, or go try and find a Ghezzi-brian unit?  I see the ghezzi unit on line but haven’t found a source yet to buy them, so don’t even know price.  Any hot leads?

I have the Ghezzi Brian huggers on both my V11s. Saw the one Scud had and needed one. Then another...😁 It opens up the  rear and shows off that trellis swing arm. It also shows off the 18 years of plastic over a painted steel trellis swing arm..Totally worth it though. 

On 10/4/2019 at 12:30 AM, docc said:

This whole "suspender" thing has gotten a bad rap . . .

etbhgl-l-610x610-shirt-blue+shirt-blue+s

Yet, I'm pretty sure Bob Maynard may have been sorting "other" suspenders. The kind with preload and damping adjustments . . .

IMG_2669.JPG

Mmmm... suspenders...

I am finally well suspendered!  Got a Ohlins boinger on the back and new andreani kits on the front!

Bike handling ace for a fat lass- nowhere near as much dive through the front.  She’s riding the ripples and bumps much better already too and I reckon there’ll be scope to tweek it further.

Feeling rather jammy if I do say so.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Rox Lemans said:

Ghezzi Brian. Bruno can be a little slow with emails. He's still there though. 

That's the carbon fiber version?

No one has a factory hugger for Gmc28? Seems Californians pull these off day one .

You know, the place where "The girls only warn ya" . . . :sun: