Jump to content
Scud

What did you do to your V11 today?

Recommended Posts

Benoit- a classy solution to bags. Always hesitated to put bags on the v11 and hurt the lines of the bike, but that soft bag solution looks good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice,  Benoit! Those are the improved second generation Tekno bags and braced mounts. The small, black plastic "clamps" are for the top rail to index the bags and keep them from sliding. Your bags are all the way back to make room for a passenger. I like mine indexed all the way forward to centralize the weight as much as possible.

Very nice looking Café Sport!   :mg:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Replaced the leaking left valve cover gasket today.  Will smoke test it tomorrow.  Just used a readily available green gasket, perhaps will invest in the high zoot metal item if this current entry fails.  Of course, most of the time was spent scraping the old gasket remains off the mating surfaces.  Noted that the cover mating surface does not seem to be very flat, may have to try the glass plate grind trick if it piddles again.  Also temporarily replaced the aluminum front brake reservoir cap with a plastic one that will serve while I get the original recoated due to the brake fluid corrosion of the paint.  Maybe do it in Italian fire engine red?  B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Nihontochicken said:

Replaced the leaking left valve cover gasket today.  Will smoke test it tomorrow.  Just used a readily available green gasket, perhaps will invest in the high zoot metal item if this current entry fails.  Of course, most of the time was spent scraping the old gasket remains off the mating surfaces.  Noted that the cover mating surface does not seem to be very flat, may have to try the glass plate grind trick if it piddles again.  Also temporarily replaced the aluminum front brake reservoir cap with a plastic one that will serve while I get the original recoated due to the brake fluid corrosion of the paint.  Maybe do it in Italian fire engine red?  B)

No that would look horrid.

Ciao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

No that would look horrid.

Ciao

I just kept my Brembo plastic replacement cap. My clutch res cap was already that impervious black plastic.  I like the way the caps "go away" visually, but the clear reservoirs, and their fluid levels, hang there like critical IV bags  keeping the *patient* viable and in the game . . .

IMG_1379.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added a carbon fibre fairing to the Cafe Sport0b3b1f607de182df0388289dc6df5c5c.jpgf8804855a499a6fdda582d113212f69a.jpg75f6612847ce15a24d4bb9f2cb24ddff.jpg

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 5:04 PM, footgoose said:

Benoit! beautiful! Everything looks new. (bike too) I didn't know Guzzi made/offered accessory bags.

Thank you, footgoose. I'm the third owner of this bike, it's mine since november 2018 (with only 6 500 km on the odometer).

Since I bought it, I've driven 4 000 km : simply, the best bike I ever had !

On 2/1/2020 at 6:10 PM, Gmc28 said:

Benoit- a classy solution to bags. Always hesitated to put bags on the v11 and hurt the lines of the bike, but that soft bag solution looks good.

The back line of the bike matters to me, too :). That's why I was looking for this Guzzi accessory.

On 2/1/2020 at 9:07 PM, docc said:

Nice,  Benoit! Those are the improved second generation Tekno bags and braced mounts. The small, black plastic "clamps" are for the top rail to index the bags and keep them from sliding. Your bags are all the way back to make room for a passenger. I like mine indexed all the way forward to centralize the weight as much as possible.

Very nice looking Café Sport!   :mg:

 

Thank you docc. About the "clamps", I understood well what they were used for, ............but I didn't have the right tool to put them on, at the moment I took the photos ! :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Replaced the old & tired alternator guard with a flashy CFRE one.

 

Old

20200205-154530.jpg

New

20200205-164715.jpg

 

Downside: now the oil cooler guard is ugly...

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tinus89 said:

Replaced the old & tired alternator guard with a flashy CFRE one.

 

Old

20200205-154530.jpg

New

20200205-164715.jpg

 

Downside: now the oil cooler guard is ugly...

It looks nice but when you look at the grief the original one cops from road debris I wonder about the logic of replacing it with something more fragile. Its pretty now for sure but it wont last. Carbon Fibre.......21st century chrome:)

I just repainted my oil cooler guard the std black because the powder coat was flaking off in big chunks on the mounts. Black is best as it blends in better.

Ciao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had success reaching the fowardest most driveshaft zerk with a 1/8" 45 degree coupler. Rear wheel on. 

IMG_20200208_130256453.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 10:27 PM, Lucky Phil said:

It looks nice but when you look at the grief the original one cops from road debris I wonder about the logic of replacing it with something more fragile. Its pretty now for sure but it wont last. Carbon Fibre.......21st century chrome:)

I just repainted my oil cooler guard the std black because the powder coat was flaking off in big chunks on the mounts. Black is best as it blends in better.

Ciao 

 

I know, so I of course kept the old one as well. It is a 80eur gamble, we 'll see how long it lasts. It is real CFRE, so it should be able to take some beating. I'll update the forum once it breaks:).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tinus89 said:

 

I know, so I of course kept the old one as well. It is a 80eur gamble, we 'll see how long it lasts. It is real CFRE, so it should be able to take some beating. I'll update the forum once it breaks:).

It shouldn't break. Minor sand blasting, maybe a chip here and there. Easy enough to keep polished with a fine abrasive aluminum/metal polish like Flitz or equal. Maybe a respray with clear. Looks great and less than 100US seems cheap enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, footgoose said:

It shouldn't break. Minor sand blasting, maybe a chip here and there. Easy enough to keep polished with a fine abrasive aluminum/metal polish like Flitz or equal. Maybe a respray with clear. Looks great and less than 100US seems cheap enough!

At that price I'd be interested to know if the mount points have aluminium inserts. Cheap CF guards and such generally dont and this prevents you getting the full torque on the fastener so it doesn't loosen off all the time and if you do tighten them properly then the mounts end up cracking due to stress.

If it doesn't have the inserts then I suggest you install the fasteners with blue loctite and tighten them down to a minimal torque and also use a thin rubber washer under the mounts of a mm or so thickness. Stops the non insert type mounts from fatiguing and the loctite prevents the screws backing off due to low torque installation.

Ciao     

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did I do? Well, I took the right mirror off and opened up the rather thick alloy handlebar inside diameter to accept the rubber mounting donut of a Ken Sean bar-end mirror. Of the two sizes provided with the mirrors, even the smaller of the two would not fit. After fitting the first donut, I concocted a design for a 2-piece delrin clamp, similar to the OEM bar end weights. Misery is the mother of invention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where'd you get the alt cover?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...