Because my 1200 sport runs like a charm and I don't feel the need to modify it, I decided to trade my Renault van for something completely different. A '91 Volvo 240 Super Polar. A proper swedish tank with 313.000 kms. Love it to bits! And with help from a Haynes manual very nice to tinker on.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451683809.674684.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451683837.716272.jpg

• Like 1

Forget the Volvo Jaap, as good as it may be(my current family. hack is a 2004 XC90 with 200,000miles and still behaving exceptionally well) Take a look at the series 3 station wagon behind you.Now that is something different!!

All you need is a firm grip and a selection of hammers.

Mines a 5cyl diesel and by a quirk of fate seems to be very reliable.Had it for 18 months or so and only replaced one rear wheel bearing as well as normal servicing.2 previous vehicles were v70 d5's both excellent

I had a V70 wagon for a long time. Wish I had kept it a bit longer so I could have given it to my oldest daughter when she started driving (she has a Toyota Highlander).

V70s make the coolest cop cars ever.

Forget the Volvo Jaap, as good as it may be(my current family. hack is a 2004 XC90 with 200,000miles and still behaving exceptionally well) Take a look at the series 3 station wagon behind you.Now that is something different!!

Old LandRovers... No sorry, I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. Talk about unreliable money pits!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Old LandRovers... No sorry, I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. Talk about unreliable money pits!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Shame on you,Jaap. I didn't mean to drive but merely to fettle and grease and generally use as a mobile "man shed" to avoid all unwanted attention from the better 1/2.

Driving one is akin to putting wheels on a dilapidated garden shed and powering it with an old lawn mower engine.

No wait, that would probably drive and handle better than a series Land Rover...and it would definitely out perform one.

Hi'ya Jaap!.....

So, a Volvo 244 eh?..... :oldgit:... ​Must be an agricultural theme going on, Guzzi's are often called tractors by some of the unwashed plebs and posers (Duc and Triumph owners mostly ), but now the head guy goes and adds fuel to the fire by buying a VOLVO 244 WAGON ....a truly agricultural appliance!

Cheers! and enjoy your new toy in the New Year!!

Van