Need help from LeMans and/or Tenni Owners

FalcoLion

Hello everyone. Need help from anyone who owns bikes with a big Full upper fairing. Moto Guzzi is being stupid and twice sold me wrong brackets. Brackets in questions are the ones that mount on the back of cylinder heads and allow the rearmost screws to hold the fairing (12 and 13 on the diagram). MG lists part numbers for Left and Right bracket but they package LEFT side brackets in both Left and Right and labels them with different part numbers corresponding to Left and Right. These brackets MUST be a mirror image of each other. Unfortunately whoever packages MG parts either doesn't know what they are doing or just plainly do not care. :homer:

So, if anyone can snap a picture of these brackets as they are mounted on your bikes or at the least can look and tell me what they got, I would highly appreciate.

I am re-ordering a Right side bracket again but if I get the Left side packaged in the Right side bracket I will be at loss. I guess I would have to somehow do one on my own or bend the hell out of the left bracket to mount it on the right side.

Also if anyone can snao a picture of a Rubber Wellnut marked 11 on the diagram, I would highly appreciate it

Thank you in advance

Vlad

MG%20V11%20Fairing%20Brackets.jpg

Fairing%20Brackets%20-%20Left.jpg

Fairing%20Brackets%20-%20Both.jpg

Here's my LeMans with the brackets in question - just happened to be open like this today. The difference in the brackets is subtle, the left is straighter, while the right has an extra bend in it.

I had a pair of those brackets from the wreck I bought, but I sent them to Craig. I don't think he ended up using them - maybe check with him to see if they might be available.

The rubber compression fittings are also visible in the photo - they should be readily available at any hardware store.

IMG_4366.jpg

Tim,

Any way you can point the difference of the right bracket. Obviously I definitely have left brand new from a sealed bag. But because as you saying the difference is subtle, I don't see the difference and can figure which one is the right one

Thank you in advance

Just found out that these brackets are pretty much same but Left side is supposedly a bit longer. In any case I still think MG did them wrong cause it causes too much stress on plastic fairing. If they would do it the right way by making these bracket a mirror image of each other they would mount fairing much easier :homer:

The RH piston is slightly forward of the LH so the brackets cannot be "mirror images" - they need to account for asymmetry of the engine (same reason LH and RH headers are different).

As for the difference - look carefully in my picture above - the RH bracket has two bends. Start with the rubber compression fitting, then look inward toward the frame. First, there is a 90-degree bend toward the frame, then there is about a 30-degree bend downward. The LH bracket only has one bend - the 30-degree or so downward angle.

Another way to see it - the forward edge of the LH bracket is straight - the rear edge of the RH bracket has the extra bend in it.

I was puzzled at first too - but now I think those brackets are rather clever. The reason I think the brackets are clever is that they can do a whole bunch with the same part - then bend half one way for RH and bend the other half a different way for LH. It's clever for manufacturing - but not easy on guys like us.

• 2 weeks later...

Wellnut is a 6mm...not as easy to find in the States as folks in Europe may think.  All the hardware stores I went to only had SAE.  You could use SAE if you switched to SAE bolts.

I got wellnuts from ebay for $7 for a pack of 10. In any case it's the 2nd time I am doing this conversion and still think that MG f**ed up with these brackets. Right side shoud have been couple of mm closer to the front of the bike.

Thanks for all who replied