Did I tell you guys I joined the 100mph (1/4 mile) club this summer at the BIR drag strip?

out of 125 racers I had the third fastest reaction time. Got me into the shoot out but I jumped the light in the finals.

IMG_3765-600x400.jpg

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, Joe said:

Ferrari 288 GTO

Very, very pretty car.

But Harry should talk to a competent sound engineer about where he mounts his microphone.

He's got it on his left lapel, and everythime he turns his head to his left, the sound of his voice changes. Amateur... B) :grin:

8 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

Did I tell you guys I joined the 100mph (1/4 mile) club this summer at the BIR drag strip?

out of 125 racers I had the third fastest reaction time. Got me into the shoot out but I jumped the light in the finals.

IMG_3765-600x400.jpg

I thought all drag racing had dropped back to the 1/8 mile.

My 300hp V-8 "back in the day" was a contender on the street. Probably mid-14s/ 90-ish on the quarter mile.

What was your trap time @fotoguzzi?

10 minutes ago, docc said:

My 300hp V-8 "back in the day" was a contender on the street. Probably mid-14s/ 90-ish on the quarter mile.

14.2 correction 14.311

2023120320071215--5843204785666654611-33

Two runs reaction time both times    .035

• Like 3
On 12/3/2023 at 9:05 PM, docc said:

1/4 mile is still the standard. The two top fuel classes have switched to 1,000 feet, but all the other 1/4 mile classes still run a 1/4 mile. There are a number of 1/8 mile tracks out there, but around me it is still 1/4 mile is the standard.

0.035 is a nice reaction time. Good job @fotoguzzi

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Here at last. Three litre inline 6 turbo and six speed manual. Basically a BMW Z4 with Toyota hardtop body. Two seats only and low.

IMG_1695.jpeg

IMG_1694.jpeg

My neighbor across the street has a similar set up with his M240 BMW.  it's got that 8 speed auto that's super quick.  As a stick shift guy, I have to admit it's a slick set up.  it doesn't have the wild ride like my 'vette, its controlled and gets the power to pavement.    Lot's of cool do dads and huuuuge dash screens

• Like 1