Not everyone would watch (and listen!) to 27 minutes of car noises. Admittedly, I have a decent sound system to play these sonorous tracks through. I got hooked in the first six minutes thinking, "Nothing here wants to idle or run at less than 5,000 rpm!" (Just like mySport . . .)

Then, they turned them all loose!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, docc said:

Not everyone would watch (and listen!) to 27 minutes of car noises. Admittedly, I have a decent sound system to play these sonorous tracks through. I got hooked in the first six minutes thinking, "Nothing here wants to idle or run at less than 5,000 rpm!" (Just like mySport . . .)

Then, they turned them all loose!

Lovely. You know docc for me the sound and "feel" of a vehicle are massively important and why if I'm forced into a situation where every vehicle I own has to be an EV I'll just find another hobby/interest. Don't mind an EV Daily Driver in the slightest as a conveyance to get me from A to B but I could never become an EV "enthusiast". Too much character missing.

As an aside my car has FENG ( fake engine noise generator) which is fake exhaust sound through the audio system, totally pathetic and it doesn't really need it anyway. That's maybe the EV future, a fake " emotional" system. You'll be taking your car to the mechanic because it "doesn't feel good" and he'll reboot the "emotion" generator. God help us all.

Ciao  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Electric(al) on cars makes sense to me. Like this insane yellow (Accel?) coil that @Tomchri shared with us last year. Pretty sure "dual quad Holleys on a tunnel ram" offer up emotion enough! Maybe some "Hooker Headers" to stir the mix . . .

IMG_0008.jpg

• Like 4
20 hours ago, docc said:

Electric(al) on cars makes sense to me. Like this insane yellow (Accel?) coil that @Tomchri shared with us last year. Pretty sure "dual quad Holleys on a tunnel ram" offer up emotion enough! Maybe some "Hooker Headers" to stir the mix . . .

IMG_0008.jpg

Some things will not be forgotten. Old HEMI'S do have a spesial way of singing to, she was a Keith Black edition.    Fresh battery was a must, serios carb fire every startup, hi lift cam. Hit the starter again and suck in the flames,, there we go.   Chrashbox, was it AP 833 ? And yes Doc Hooker headers.  Fuel lines = garden size hoses, but fun fueling  that Belvedere, real family car.  Wish I had a sound track.  First dragrace in Norway was in 1978,:rasta: runner up there with a 71 Charger R/T.  Bla bla campfire talk. IPA time.

Cheers Tom.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

My first car was a '62 Volvo PV544 built from two ( one and a parts car) frame up rebuilt by my father and me total cost including a  newly found interior maybe $1200. I  loved that car and still have dreams about it. Crashed it in 1989. Unit bodies are nearly impossible to straighten out...  My present car is just a box with 4 wheels. 

• Like 1

First vehicle I bought as a seventeen year old was an original (with patina) 1939 Ford pickup small truck with V8 side valve motor, 3 speed, running boards, big bullet lights, split window that an old retiring Italian used for decades carting sandalwood.

Loved it!

Then I was stoopid...

• Haha 1